Overwatched [commodoreHUSTLE]

Talk about commodoreHUSTLE, LRR's continuing web series.
Graham
Super Moderator

Overwatched [commodoreHUSTLE]

Postby Graham » 17 Jun 2016, 19:47

A creeping obsession pervades the LRR crew...
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Re: Overwatched [commodoreHUSTLE]

Postby Kapol » 17 Jun 2016, 20:48

Watching this helps me understand what it's like for non-Magic players to watch Friday Nights. I thought it had it's funny moments and overall enjoyed it. But it felt like it wasn't really 'meant' for me. And that's with having a passing knowledge of the game due to watching streams. If I hadn't had that, some of the better jokes like the noon one would have been lost on me. I'd have been closer to Paul in the first FN video, wondering why people were laughing about Flash.
theycallmejokke
First Video: Unskipperble: Lost Plant 2 - Part 1

Postby theycallmejokke » 18 Jun 2016, 00:20

I very much had a expiriance in the same vain as Kapol, though I'm so sick of Overwatch jokes thanks to the internet as a whole, That I didn't really even find this one funny at all sadly, but just to end on a possitive note here Cam's GUI grafics, and play of the game grafics where really well made, very nicely done.
"You have the right to remain silent. Mostly because I tire of your excuses."
OneirosGolem
First Video: Checkpoint - Blizzard of Cash

Postby OneirosGolem » 18 Jun 2016, 18:03

As someone with largely memetic knowledge of Overwatch, my favourite was definitely Alex suddenly yelling Hanzo's ult from the bathroom, which nearly got me out of my chair with laughter.

Other high points were Cameron as "A Functional Adult" for matching how far a long video game binge divorces your capacity to function from the norm, and Alex whining at the door like a tiny dog just for sheer absurdity.

That said, the ending felt a little off? I was expecting another event after Ian & Paul finished talking, because of the way the camera pulled out and the somewhat ominous music making its return. I kind of wish someone actually ate toast directly into the mic, just to prove how far gone everyone was.
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 18 Jun 2016, 18:17

Personally, I thought the Noon, bathroom, and the entire first-person segment and follow through were strong. As for the ending, I thought it felt a little wonky. But it had a twilight zone 'bad end' vibe to it, which I appreciated. Also the fact Paul seemed almost glad to not have to deal with everyone was pretty good.

Personally, I was waiting for the post-credit scene to be a fake 'Overwatch Addiction" charity commercial, ending with the person voicing it complaining about Bastion or something. On further thought, I also think it might have been funny to see Penelope sitting in a chair with overwatch on the screen too. But I can see why they wouldn't do that.
My pseudonym is Ix
First Video: Canadian Girlfriend

Postby My pseudonym is Ix » 19 Jun 2016, 13:52

As somebody who gives less than four tenths of a **** about Overwatch, this... went over my head a bit.
"Let us think the unthinkable, let us do the undoable, let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not Image it after all."
phlip
First Video: Eternal Sonata (Unskippable)

Postby phlip » 19 Jun 2016, 21:30

It seems everyone who actually plays Overwatch has fallen deep into this hole, leaving only us stragglers who don't actually play the game to comment in this thread...

I actually enjoyed this one, despite only getting most of the references through memes. I was a little surprised that the stinger with Beej didn't turn out revealing he was actually playing some random Nintendo game instead, but this stinger works too.
While no one overhear you quickly tell me not cow cow.
but how about watch phone?

[he/him/his]
unpronounceable
First Video: A Stitch in Time

Postby unpronounceable » 20 Jun 2016, 19:44

I get it! So this is what it's like on the other side.
bv310
First Video: EVERYTHING IS FINE

Postby bv310 » 25 Jul 2016, 17:06

I really want a gif of Cam's Play of the Game.
Robo4900
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Robo4900 » 27 Jul 2016, 08:46

From when he picks up the hats, when Paul tells him to take them, or the shot of Cam against the LRR logo?
"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."
AdmiralMemo
First Video: Unskippable: Eternal Sonata

Postby AdmiralMemo » 27 Jul 2016, 12:56

bv310 wrote:I really want a gif of Cam's Play of the Game.
Graham wrote:The point is: Nyeh nyeh nyeh. I'm an old man.
LRRcast wrote:Paul: That does not answer that question at all.
James: Who cares about that question? That's a good answer.

Drendar
First Video: Friday nights

Postby Drendar » 18 Aug 2016, 22:51

I was kinda expecting it to end like the TNG episode "the game" where beej is too derpy to be sucked in and uses the smell of fresh magic packs to drag people out of their stupor.

Return to “commodoreHUSTLE”