LRR Minecraft Server

Talk about what you are playing now or join in with one of our forum games.
Tsunami84
First Video: Commodore hustle I think, years ago.

Re: LRR Minecraft Server

Postby Tsunami84 » 12 Feb 2017, 02:51

Shockingly I'm with Bowerbird, I would kind of see a complete reset as a punishment, and given I didn't do anything wrong I feel thats a bit harsh, not just on Bower and I but on the people that have invested a lot of time and effort into the server, because if we have to start again then I may as well do it on my server. in regards to helping the rebuilding process, we are a decent way into several mods that we can kick start people on, just ask.
Mercano
First Video: Omnilingual

Postby Mercano » 12 Feb 2017, 14:35

Looks like my bases were out of the blast radius. If anyone's trying to rebuild, feel free to take what you need from my stock. I have a pretty good supply of most mining resources.
SAJewers
First Video: Tuscon or Bust

Postby SAJewers » 13 Feb 2017, 05:30

Vanilla server still needs updating to 1.11.2 FYI.
Tsunami84

Postby Tsunami84 » 15 Feb 2017, 20:10

So is the Sword of Damocles still floating above the server, or is it safe to build again?
ritchards
First Video: The Job (first video on The Escapist)

Postby ritchards » 16 Feb 2017, 00:22

It's been updated and nothing has been rolled back, so I'm going with: go ahead!
Tsunami84

Postby Tsunami84 » 16 Feb 2017, 01:06

Sweet, thanks
Eskar
First Video: How to talk like a pirate
Location: Yard of the Stone Mill, 17th Floor of Chinese Hell, being ground into dust.

Postby Eskar » 16 Feb 2017, 04:31

Still looking to be added to the Vanilla and FTB servers. IGN: _Eskar

Thanks
SAJewers
First Video: Tuscon or Bust

Postby SAJewers » 20 Feb 2017, 17:47

Does the Vanilla server have some sort of XP farm?
squaredotcube
First Video: Ways to Whiten your Teeth

Postby squaredotcube » 22 Feb 2017, 05:57

And the FTB server's down again. Perhaps it's time for everyone to check their systems for stress put on the server?
Anaerin
First Video: Checkpoint

Postby Anaerin » 22 Feb 2017, 11:09

This particular time, it was my wither constructor that caused the crash, for reasons unknown. I know DM has the log (he mentioned it on Discord) but it's not back up yet.

I also disabled my farms and diesel power gen, as they were essentially doing nothing as far as producing power goes - one tiny XR reactor + turbine more than matches their output, and with (effectively) unlimited uranium I can keep those going indefinitely. Also: Rainbow Generator to (try and) fill the T8 Disco Ball.
squaredotcube

Postby squaredotcube » 22 Feb 2017, 12:14

Sounds like running wither spawns are just best avoided if this keeps causing problems, or wither farming isn't going to be as simple as dedicating a spawner for them. If you want to keep trying something that doesn't crash the server, perhaps manually constructing a Wither with a builder that's only triggered by a wither death (thus keeping it to 1) may just be the best option for now - I think the RFTools builder sees wither skulls as an adequate replacement for normal skulls?
Anaerin

Postby Anaerin » 22 Feb 2017, 21:04

The wither spawner system I was using worked perfectly at least 200 times in the past. It was also only attempting to spawn a single wither, and only spawns them when manually requested, rather than automatically all the time. This is also the first time placing a wither skeleton skull has caused a crash like this.
squaredotcube

Postby squaredotcube » 23 Feb 2017, 07:23

Well then, that likely means the problem is in the code for checking wither construction, which means it's a bug in vanilla code; it's worth checking the JIRA repositories to see if this is the case, and if so the only fix is to wait until Mojang solves the problem.
Anaerin

Postby Anaerin » 23 Feb 2017, 21:41

We found the problem, which is fixed in 1.6.0 of the pack. The server has been updated to 1.6.1 and appears to be up and running.
ritchards

Postby ritchards » 24 Feb 2017, 15:59

MC keeps locking up on me. Would I better off reinstalling FTB installer or MC itself?
(This happened with the latest upgrade, so I don't think it's java.)
DarkMorford
First Video: Desert Bus 3

Postby DarkMorford » 24 Feb 2017, 17:02

Eskar wrote:Still looking to be added to the Vanilla and FTB servers. IGN: _Eskar

Thanks

Sorry for taking this long. You've been added to both servers now.

I'll update the vanilla server to 1.11.2 sometime this weekend. Just need to check all the plugins I'm using for updates first. (EDIT: I just did the 1.11.2 update, so make sure you update your clients!)
http://www.twitter.com/DarkMorford

Vanilla Minecraft Server (1.11.2): minecraft.darkmorford.net
Modded Minecraft Server (DW20 1.10.2): ftb.lrrcraft.com
squaredotcube

Postby squaredotcube » 25 Feb 2017, 19:44

Whoever did the dragon run last time on the FTB server: you forgot to supply an egg. It's rather hard to fight a dragon without the key item needed to resurrect it!

(Just a reminder in general, even though it's a modded server it's best to keep important things where they are and find alternatives to accomplish what you need. For instance, using Actually Addons' Spawner Changer item to convert largely useless cave spider spawners, then Not Enough Wands' Moving Wand to move the spawner to where you need it.)
ritchards

Postby ritchards » 26 Feb 2017, 01:18

In the End or the in Dragon rftools dimension? In the latter, there's a spawner there.
In the End, you should be able to use 4 End Crystals. That's what I used, no egg (in fact, that's how I got an egg!).
squaredotcube

Postby squaredotcube » 28 Feb 2017, 16:20

Just a hunch, have you checked the up and down bandwidths as of late? I'm wondering if a mod did something and the server is sending us garbage in the packets that's causing lag (and in ritchards' case, crashes).
Tsunami84

Postby Tsunami84 » 05 Mar 2017, 07:24

If it helps I get the same hang time crash lag thing whenever I change dimensions. Also Bower and I can't seem to use our rftools builder properly anymore as the pattern has gone wonky for reasons...

*edit* that said uni has started so I shouldn't be playing as much anyway, so no great rush on my part, it'll help me actually do work.
Bowerbird7
First Video: Installation Anxiety 2010

Postby Bowerbird7 » 06 Mar 2017, 00:32

I don't actually think it's a server issue with our RFTools Builder Block. I've noticed that if I move it down underground the pattern preview goes funny, but if I try near the surface the preview seems to work fine... Unfortunately since we apparently can't offset the y-coordinates, underground is the only option... Has anyone else had this sort of problem?

On the topic of the server, it has seemed a bit more unstable lately, though have people updated to 1.6.2 yet? I noticed if you're still on 1.6.1 you can still log into the server, so that might be an issue? I have noticed that the server has been down a lot more recently.
squaredotcube

Postby squaredotcube » 07 Mar 2017, 15:22

and now it just refuses to let me join despite showing up as running in my server list.

...Given the three times it's put a manual into my inventory, I've got a hunch that disabling The One Probe might solve some problems? And maybe Quark, as it seems to have restored fire to its old behavior meaning fire doesn't go out immediately in rain and may be persistent thus causing lag. (Just as a safeguard, you could probably scrub the known Nether of fire in that manner as well)
Anaerin

Postby Anaerin » 08 Mar 2017, 22:41

From what DarkMorford was saying, the server has 4.5GB of RAM allocated to the Minecraft server, and it's using virtually all of it, with over 30,000 tile entities in the overworld eating up pretty much all of it. While the server may appear up, it seems to be taking upwards of 5 seconds to answer requests, even after a restart, so client instances are timing out before they get their "welcome to the server" message.

At this point, I'm really not sure what we can do about it. Forcibly removing chunkload(ers/ing) from the server 'til it's stable again might help narrow down where the problem is, but would take a while.
squaredotcube

Postby squaredotcube » 09 Mar 2017, 19:51

Wiping the chunkload might be a good start, and force unloading the whole thing might be a good idea as well. From what I can tell, resource demands increase with each player logging in and moving around - Chances are, FTB has changed the way updating works where blocks stay loaded and do not unload regardless if it is marked to be chunkloaded or even if there is a not a player (fake or otherwise) within its presence.
McJty
First Video: One of the LRR crapshots

Postby McJty » 10 Mar 2017, 00:13

Hi, I'm the mod author of RFTools, RFTools Control, Deep Resonance, The One Probe, Interaction Wheel and a few other mods that you might know. My daughter (who is a big fan of you guys) told me that you're having some server issues and were attributing this to one or more of my mods in some cases?

About the multiple notes with The One Probe, that has been reported before and I think it is probably caused by a bad mod interaction as I cannot reproduce it myself and it doesn't happen on many other servers. However, it should not be harmful for anything and you can actually disable that note in the config so that you don't get it anymore.

Feel free to contact me if you have any other issues or problems.

In addition, if you want me to promote your Minecraft channel to the broader Minecraft audience I can help with that too.

McJty

Return to “Video Games”