On the Run - Vuvuzela Volcano

For videos that aren't... y'know... "real". Whatever Thing, Phailhaüs, etc.
Graham
Super Moderator

On the Run - Vuvuzela Volcano

Postby Graham » 05 Aug 2010, 13:42

Reclaiming a childhood we never had.
Danzama
First Video: Wireless

Re: On the Run - Vuvuzela Volcano

Postby Danzama » 05 Aug 2010, 13:58

Lol, I didn't even notice the food colouring in the video. Did you have fun mucking about w/ this?
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 05 Aug 2010, 14:17

Every time I watch one of these it makes me beleive even more that you guys are super fun to hang out with. Makes me sad I'm in the UK, and that it would probably a bit wierd if I was like "Hey, you don't know me but I know you. We should hang out!" even if I did meet you ... >.>
Excelle

Postby Excelle » 05 Aug 2010, 15:16

Is somebody doing science in here?
Indie, retro and other games being played on my Youtube channel Pixels At Dawn!
Yaxley
First Video: Lock Out

Postby Yaxley » 05 Aug 2010, 16:44

I totally did this as a special project in second or third grade. We made volcanoes out of glass jars and papier-mâchée. They were set off by adding the "volcanic acid". Parents came to watch and everything. My volcano was Cotopaxi, if I recall correctly. Ah, memories.
Blackie62
First Video: Mercenary Solutions 2 or Desert Bus 3

Postby Blackie62 » 05 Aug 2010, 19:01

You should be lucky you didn't have a science fair. It's a lot if student obligations and unfun last minute excuses for experiments.
No matter what I say there is a 40% percent chance I'm not being serious, and if I sound like I'm not then I probably am.
GreigKM
First Video: One of the LRR3K's (I can't remember)

Postby GreigKM » 05 Aug 2010, 19:10

I've been blinded by Science... Also Vinegar, don't get that in your eyes. One of my grade school Science classes did a volcano with vinegar and baking soda, then again we also did sun dial experiments and made mini trebuchets (all in different years). Ah the memories and benefits of having your home town be the location of a major chemical engineering company, Science everywhere.
Google+ | Steam
I like ponies too much
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 06 Aug 2010, 05:58

Graham I seem to remember doing science projects in elementary school and you went to the same elementary school as I did. One year I did buoyancy. In grade seven our teacher had us make rubber band powered vehicles. The main requirement was than they could not fly. Everyone built cars except for me who built a boat.

In high school I built a trebuchet out of Lego, a CO2 powered car and a boat capable of carrying two people out of two four by eight foot sheets of cardboard.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Drinnik
First Video: http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/v

Postby Drinnik » 06 Aug 2010, 06:36

We didn't have a science fair in my school.

We did have a crazy chemistry teacher who, on the last day, made us all stand at the back of the class as he put screens up and dropped larger and larger pieces of potassium and sodium into a big trough of water.

Fun times.
dackwards d wrote:You'd think that anyone in the sciences would at least be open to experimentation.

Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 06 Aug 2010, 07:57

My school never did a science fair either. Still did some cool science-related things, but never as much as I wanted, and I never got around to doing much sciencing on my own time due to laziness and computers.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 06 Aug 2010, 08:00

The Wod, my chemistry teacher in grade twelve, ignited some thermite in the fume hood which caused bits molten iron to cascade out the front onto the floor. Hydrogen balloons where detonated regularly by my high school science teachers although the most powerful one I experienced was in my first year of university.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 06 Aug 2010, 08:43

Lord Chrusher wrote:The Wod, my chemistry teacher in grade twelve, ignited some thermite in the fume hood which caused bits molten iron to cascade out the front onto the floor. Hydrogen balloons where detonated regularly by my high school science teachers although the most powerful one I experienced was in my first year of university.
The Wod was awesome. Atkinson made a sulphur powder fireball once too.
dex-dex
First Video: buttstallation
Location: Oakville ON (I need to stop leaving my Oakville on)

Postby dex-dex » 06 Aug 2010, 15:01

My school never did have a science fair also we never made baking soda and vinegar volcanoes but my grade five teacher did mix the two and put them into 2L pop bottles and once mixed put a balloon on it. that is that closest thing to it.
We did cooler stuff like make bouncy balls and roasted hot dogs with Bunsen burners.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 06 Aug 2010, 16:08

I did a science project in middle school, but it was all on the efficacy of sunscreen. I got to go to other science fairs though. It was kinda okay.

I've also made silver and gold pennies and silvered a bottle. Oh and in 7th grade, we did an experiment on the spread of germs in class which involved using hydrochloric acid.
XgF
First Video: Desert Bus '09

Postby XgF » 06 Aug 2010, 18:07

Graham wrote:
Lord Chrusher wrote:The Wod, my chemistry teacher in grade twelve, ignited some thermite in the fume hood which caused bits molten iron to cascade out the front onto the floor. Hydrogen balloons where detonated regularly by my high school science teachers although the most powerful one I experienced was in my first year of university.
The Wod was awesome. Atkinson made a sulphur powder fireball once too.

Liquid Sulphur is awesome stuff; an absolutely beautiful blood red colour.

Also generates some pretty horrid fumes though. Its actually really interesting if you then pour it over something and let it dry: It goes "waxy", then turns back into normal powdered form over time
unknowngamer

Postby unknowngamer » 06 Aug 2010, 18:35

I never had science fairs at my school either, but in grade 4 science we each had to demonstrate a scientific concept. I called dibs on acid & base reactions. Despite the fact that we only had to show the basic facts, with little elaboration, I was gonna make a volcano dammit. I went all out and made it out of plasticine complete with lego people trapped inside.

Return to “Bonus Video”