20 - Ash Bullets and Wow Butter

News, with silly hats.
Kathleen
LRR Crew
First Video: Season 1 Halloween Special

20 - Ash Bullets and Wow Butter

Postby Kathleen » 05 Oct 2011, 09:41

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/ ... Wow-Butter

If you're allergic to peanut butter or want to be a bullet, we've got you covered.
HOLY SHIT GUYS! BEARS!
aeric90
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Re: Episode 20 - Ash Bullets and Wow Butter

Postby aeric90 » 05 Oct 2011, 09:51

Like I said on the Escapist forums; I am totally going into Priape on Church St. here in Toronto and asking for Wow Butter.
Join The War Against Pants
http://twitter.com/aeric90
Lisra
First Video: Commodore Hustle 4

Postby Lisra » 05 Oct 2011, 10:00

Fun times.

The "news" thing was black though.
Adulthood can go fuck itself.
I'm not a girl. (:
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 05 Oct 2011, 10:06

Broken Alex is always fun :D

And now I'm curious. Just what did you do with that jar of Wow-Butter-Huge-Lie-TM?

And I'm quietly confident for hats this week :D
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
Avistew
First Video: Can't remember

Postby Avistew » 05 Oct 2011, 10:12

So... Soy butter?
Quite honestly, if you're allergic to peanuts but not almonds, I recommend almond butter.
If you're allergic to neither and rich enough, I also recommend almond butter.

Sometimes I mix it with chocolate sauce and pretend it's Nutella. Because Nutella's harder to find in Vegreville. Mind you I'm in Paris now so I just get one of the cheap store brand Nutella knock-off. Mwahahaha!

But seriously, almond butter is tasty. I miss it now (I can't even find peanut butter for less than ten bucks here in France, so almond butter? No way)

My investment in eyewear totally paid off, by the way. Yay!
Check out my webcomic, The Meddlers! (Currently not updating)
Dromos_GHG
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Postby Dromos_GHG » 05 Oct 2011, 10:56

Mayhaps the next X2Y will be, "Ways to dispose of a mostly full jar of Wow Butter."

Also agree that Broken Alex is great fun.
LogicSword
First Video: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Postby LogicSword » 05 Oct 2011, 11:07

I'm pretty certain that it's trademarked because then you can't sue them for false advertising, seeing as it doesn't taste like peanut butter. I'm pretty certain that's the case in England at least, not sure about Canadaland.
Nanosauromo
First Video: Unskippable - Eternal Sonata

Postby Nanosauromo » 05 Oct 2011, 11:49

Looks like Graham forgot to put in the title card.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 05 Oct 2011, 11:57

The lube had three people in a room trying very hard to contain their laughter.

And losing.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Nirvana
First Video: Unskippable 01 - Lost Planet

Postby Nirvana » 05 Oct 2011, 12:21

Between the black title card, and a couple videos now having a couple minutes of 'nothing' at the end, maybe this is becoming a thing?
Check out my weekly WWE RAW reviews at http://www.RingsideAcademy.com
Dibria
First Video: The Job

Postby Dibria » 05 Oct 2011, 12:41

Am I the only person who when Graham said 'wow butter' thought it was 'WoW butter' and was a terrible World of Warcraft tie in?
Geoff_B

Postby Geoff_B » 05 Oct 2011, 12:49

Me, I did :D

Aydin225
First Video: arms race

Postby Aydin225 » 05 Oct 2011, 13:20

Also rawr is my OK Go cover band
tfaironpirate
First Video: Desert Bus 3

Postby tfaironpirate » 05 Oct 2011, 13:32

I don't want to come off like I'm offended, but peanut butter in a school scenario is actually a pretty serious issue. I get severe Anaphylaxis from peanuts and other nuts and twice in my life I've had to be taken to ER because while at school I came into contact with someone's PB+J. And it isn't even as I assumed only too recently a problem that only really effects little kids. Recently I had an attack just because of evil airborne peanut particles. I don't think most people have it as bad as me, but I think it's probably a good idea for schools and other parents to act accordingly if anyone does cause if people at my schools had I probably wouldn't have had so much trouble.

Still, soy-nut butter is balls. Sunflower seed butter is pretty good though.
Dear Professor Universe.
EikoandMog

Postby EikoandMog » 05 Oct 2011, 13:43

Alex laughing his ass off to the lube line is just so amusing to me. Oh yes, G'Day Graham!
Geoff_B

Postby Geoff_B » 05 Oct 2011, 14:00

I'd love it if the FD Rejected was just two uncut minutes of broken Alex :D

Fenrir
First Video: LRRcast for Interrupted Garage

Postby Fenrir » 05 Oct 2011, 14:28

Dibria wrote:Am I the only person who when Graham said 'wow butter' thought it was 'WoW butter' and was a terrible World of Warcraft tie in?

Ironically enough that thought did cross my mind too .... god I play too many MMOs ....

Also, yes, broken Alex was HIGHLY amusing. Kathleen was definitely on top form there. :D

You know ... slight creepiness aside ... the whole 'ash bullet' concept is actually kinda cool. In a horror movie flick kinda way. Kinda.
"Sing something new, I have nothing left. I can't face the dark without you."

: Fenrir - DB IRC : LRRFenrir - TwitchTV : @the_dismuke - Twitter :

JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

Postby JackSlack » 05 Oct 2011, 14:37

Ladies and gentlemen, I'm Sean Riley with Action 9 news, and I'm here today with a special report.

Th... that's when the sound comes in. Y'know, the sound. Dude, Steve. Play it, the "Da-da DUM" news sound. Seriously, Steve. You had one job to do.

Sigh. But for now, here's this week's chart of stats and hats.

After the course of the haturation seems to have played out (we hope!) we have returned to a more calm set of seas this week, with one of the most dependable set of forces in the hat market, the Alex and Kathleen. (Plus, as always, the anchoring Graham force.) It's like these guys live together or something. And, to top it off, Alex seems to once again be adhering to the Alex Must Wear a Freaking Hat Treaty, showing that all is well. As such, the market boomed. Prescription eyewear took a leap up to 73%, while hats soared to a high, but still below haturation, 44.44%. It wasn't all sunshine, though, as penny stocks remained flatlined, and hatless took the brunt of the losses, down to 25.4%.

As we can see, haturation was high but controlled.

I remember when I would have freaked out over a 44% haturation rate. More innocent times.

And now, this week's special report. PLAY IT STEVE.

DAMN IT, STEVE. Here is our guide to the forces of Feed Dump. Every force exerts two pressures upon a market episode. First, they bring their own influences upon hats, glasses and wigs that directly shifts the market. But they also, by virtue of interacting with other forces, affect the entire episode, and this pressure may not be just the result of their own individual influence.

As a result, we record two variables for every force.

The first of these is the Shot Variable (SV): It records the ratio by which any given element appears in a shot containing that person. Note that this doesn't have to mean they wear it. They might be in a shot with someone else wearing it.

The second is the Episodic Variable (EV): This is the ratio of which elements appear in any given shot in an episode they had any influence in, even if it was only for one shot. Yes, that's happened. (Kathleen force is pervasive..)

First, let's look at the bedrock force.

The Graham Force
aka: G-Star
Appearances: All 20 Episodes

The GEV is the most dependable measure of the market as a whole. Because Graham appears in all Feed Dumps (so far) we can count on the GEV as an overall measure. (It's included in all future graphs as a frame of reference.) From this, we see that Graham probably brings down the market in a few ways as a matter of course: He applies a strict limiter to the prescription eyewear market, for example, and he also appears to bring down the NPEW and wigs sector slightly. However, note that he brings down the hat sector. This is a surprise.

Now, let's look at some of the edge forces. These are forces that appear very sporadically and we have little data on.

The Missie Force
aka Missie P, aka Lil' Miss Slam
Appearances: Episode 13

As noted, this data is limited, so there's probably inaccuracy here. What we can see clearly is that Missie clearly lifts the hatless. While she appears to act as an interesting counterweight to prescription eyewear (a mere .063 MiSV but a quite healthy .404 MiEV in the sector) we suspect this is more to do with the prevailing Kathleen Force than anything the Missie Force exerts. Still, it's worth noting.

The Andy Force
aka Dr. Bubay
Appearances: Episode 17

This is a hard one to judge. While again, we don't have a lot of data, but the wig stats here are fascinating. Wigs showed a very high (.095; huge for the category) AnSV, and an above average AnEV at .038. This suggests the Andy Force really does impact the wig market, and it may be sensible to bet on it if you can and the Andy is known to be in Victoria. On the other hand, we stress, this is an edge force and thus is highly volatile.

Now, let's move onto the moderate forces. These are forces with less than five appearances.

The James Force
aka The Fixer, aka The Cop, aka The Commish
Appearances: 8, 10, 18

... the ... delightful James force. Grr.

Here is the fascinating thing about the James Force: It's a wig KILLER. JaEV and JaSV in the wigs sector is a staggering flatline. Not only does the James fail to encourage wigs, he abhors them. James kills wigs. Curiously, he's more positive for NPEW.

Also, note that JaSV and JaEV are both way, way up over the GEV in the hats sector. I'd argue that the James is the single strongest force for haturation in the market today.

THAT's why the James gets my goat.

The Matt Force
aka Crash Override, aka HazMatt, aka MC Matt Wubbins
Appearances: 1, 5, 16

What's curious about the Matt is his counter-weight force in the prescription eyewear sector. The MaSV is massive (ha-ha!) in the category, but the MaEV is merely comparable to the GEV. This suggests that the Matt tends to emerge when that sector runs low rather than dominates it, keeping prices steady. He also intriguingly depresses the hat sector, despite having a strong MaSV in that area. Curiously, he also bumps Hatless slightly despite bringing a zero MaSV there.

The Jer Force
aka Deadly Dungeon Master, aka JP
Appearances: 12, 14, 17 and 19

One of the most moderating and diverse elements in the market, the Jer is a fascinating force. He brings down hats quite decisively, he drags down prescription eyewear similarly. He brings up wigs and hatless. All times, the change is due mostly to his own personal effects. However, he seems to counterbalance NPEW, as JeSV is high there (.133) while the JeEV is only average. (.046)

Finally, let's look at the Monster Forces. These are the forces with many appearances, the most common and influential forces in the hat market today.

The Alex Force
aka Herp-a-Derp, aka Magic Man
Appearances: 3, 5, 7, 8, 9, 12, 14 and 20

Often perceived as a massive force upon the hat, nothing could be further from the truth. While AlSV in hats is indeed huge, AlEV is actually quite small by comparison. (Indeed, until episode 20, it was actually below GEV!) Alex's major lift is in the penny stocks: He acts as a buff to both NPEW and wigs, making him a good reason to bet there.

The Paul Force
aka Paul
Appearances 1, 2, 4, 5, 6, 10, 11, 15, 18 and 19

One of the most enduring forces of the Hat Market, the Paul is also one of its most stable. PSV and PEV are both very steady across most categories, only in prescription eyewear and hatless does the PSV deviate significantly from the GEV, and there he seems to act as a counterweight with steady PEV. Nowhere does he seem to radically unstable the market, and as such can be a frustrating or calming presence for investors, depending upon market conditions.

The Kathleen Force
aka The Sum Total of Things her Cat Does Not Hate, aka Youtube Shaker
Episodes: 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 9, 11, 13, 15, 16, 18 and 20

Wow. The Kathleen is the most pervasive force of the market other than the Graham Force, having failed to appear a mere 25% of the time. She acts as a massive buffer to prescription eyewear, a massive debuffer to hatless. She also buffs hats, disproportionate to her own hat tendencies. She's a force to be reckoned with, and should always be counted on.

And so, for another week, I'm JackSlack, for action 9 news. And now I'm going to look away from a goddamn screen for a few minutes. Ow.

PLAY THE SOUND, STEVE.
goat

Postby goat » 05 Oct 2011, 14:44

Jack, you continue to blow my mind.

Also, I like how the sex thread had nearly that exact same discussion on other uses for sexual lubricant not two weeks ago.
Follow a derelict account:

http://www.twitter.com/goat1
Yaxley
First Video: Lock Out

Postby Yaxley » 05 Oct 2011, 14:50

Now Alex has me worried that my hat will never be jaunty enough.
EikoandMog

Postby EikoandMog » 05 Oct 2011, 14:58

HOLY SHIT AT THOSE LAST FEW GRAPHS
Kathleen
LRR Crew
First Video: Season 1 Halloween Special

Postby Kathleen » 05 Oct 2011, 15:39

I'M A FORCE TO BE RECKONED WITH!!

:D
HOLY SHIT GUYS! BEARS!
Preacher

Postby Preacher » 05 Oct 2011, 15:40

First off, as an Australian man, for not animating the G'day Bruce, your getting a jar full of funnel web spiders

Secondly, Holy Graph Attack Batman

Lastly, if you don't want that jar of wow-butter, I need some to catch some spiders
Do you guys mind. I'm trying to write an essay

Its probably not a good thing I feel the need to put a disclaimer after everything I say

This is a thing my and my friend run.
ElementalAlchemist
First Video: Rejected WiiPlay Games

Postby ElementalAlchemist » 05 Oct 2011, 16:24

JackSlack wrote:The Paul Force
aka Paul

Paul: He's too cool... er, gorgeous... er, ??? for nicknames. He's just Paul.

And that is why he's Paul.
nicholasmc1

Postby nicholasmc1 » 05 Oct 2011, 16:41

ElementalAlchemist wrote:
JackSlack wrote:The Paul Force
aka Paul

Paul: He's too cool... er, gorgeous... er, ??? for nicknames. He's just Paul.

And that is why he's Paul.

To quote rapstar 64k, "This is why I'm Paul"

Return to “Feed Dump”