Rapidfire: Episode 1

Talk about the latest LRR video or discuss your past favorites.
Graham
Super Moderator

Rapidfire: Episode 1

Postby Graham » 23 Jun 2006, 20:00

I hope you guys like this, because there's a lot more where it came from.

The series will not be back-to-back weeks, but it features recurring characters, and I predict that as a result, these vids will only get funnier.
We had a lot of fun shooting these, but it was also a huge amount of work.

I think the end result is awesome, and I can't wait to show you the rest of the series.

-G
Lavos
Lavos
First Video: 1337

Postby Lavos » 23 Jun 2006, 20:09

FIRST POST!

Love the steve clark section.
i dont know what's happening anymore
AmazingPjotrMan
...and all I got was this lousy rank.

Postby AmazingPjotrMan » 23 Jun 2006, 20:11

To bring more fire to this posting for critics and such, very well done, I found the "sound error" in the news part to be particularly amusing and now thus getting the second or actually the third post.(Second reply)
"It's nice to think that before "Adam and Eve", there was "Earl Grey""
Lavos
Lavos

Postby Lavos » 23 Jun 2006, 20:15

Okay now im going to dedicate my life to find out what game morgan was holding!!

Edit: Mario?
Wraith
First Video: Canadian Approval Board

Postby Wraith » 23 Jun 2006, 20:20

Wow, that was a hell of a build up for that "slept funny" joke. Well done.
-Wraith
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 23 Jun 2006, 20:31

Python esk I say. I guess these will be a dumping ground for ideas that can not quite hold up a video by them selves. I liked the evolution bit.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
dark_realm
Aussie Auto Annihilator

Postby dark_realm » 23 Jun 2006, 20:32

i think i liked pauls story telling the most, such good lessons to be learned from him...
CaPpY wrote:dark_realm really is a jerk....
SamsonWest

Postby SamsonWest » 23 Jun 2006, 20:32

I love the build to the terrible joke. probably some of my favorite jokes have these long pointless builds to a lame joke. then you laugh because you just wasted so much time on it. and the Steve Clark stuff was great
Metaleaf

Postby Metaleaf » 23 Jun 2006, 20:45

I really enjoyed the video! I can see how it would be a lot of work to shoot - multiple sets and all that - but it worked really well.

Having the clown joke continue throughout, tying the rest of the jokes together was a good touch - it kept it from being too completely random, and kept me wondering throughout what the heck was up with the clown.

(Paul kept cracking me up. "And what have we learned today, kids?")

And, yeah. What was the cartridge? It goes by so fast.

Eagerly awaiting the podcast.
Lavos
Lavos

Postby Lavos » 23 Jun 2006, 20:46

Metaleaf wrote:Eagerly awaiting the podcast.
Second'd
xgollum

Nice!

Postby xgollum » 23 Jun 2006, 21:53

Seriously, I LOL'd at the end. It was awesome. It must have taken a lot of work, and it was hit or miss, honestly, but still worth the effort. If there's more coming, and recurring characters, I agree it can only get better.

I'll order my Season 2 set soon.

Who's the new guy? He makes a good news anchor, only they don 't usually have facial hair. Welcome to the wacky club, new guy! Matt, right?

Graham, loved the 'stache.

Also: Widescreen! Woot!
miakosummin

Postby miakosummin » 23 Jun 2006, 22:29

The sound problem was my favorite part by far.
Discomonkey

Postby Discomonkey » 23 Jun 2006, 22:40

The sound problem was pretty awesome, had me in tears, though I really liked the Spittoon and the explanation of evolution as well.
Brad
First Video: Dunno. First one I was in was Zombiewalk

Postby Brad » 23 Jun 2006, 22:47

Lavos wrote:Okay now im going to dedicate my life to find out what game morgan was holding!!

Looked like Zelda to me.

Hah! Slept funny! Awesome.
All hail the great deku tree!
Twitter
Flickr
SamsonWest

Postby SamsonWest » 23 Jun 2006, 23:01

I am going to go with something more like Gauntlet for the game... maybe Rush'in Attack (maybe I just hope its that game... I miss my copy"
Graham
Super Moderator

Re: Nice!

Postby Graham » 23 Jun 2006, 23:28

xgollum wrote:Who's the new guy? He makes a good news anchor, only they don 't usually have facial hair. Welcome to the wacky club, new guy! Matt, right?

Actually Matt is Matt. He's been around for a while. He's the blonde guy in the Antique sketch.

The "new guy" in question also isn't new, in fact, he's our news anchor from before. Brian Evans of Slow News Day. He was also the boss in Prepared Interview, but in both of those he was clean shaven. Geoffrey, btw.

Also, I never expected people to want to know so badly (but I am glad the NES cart was recognizable) about the game.
The game in question was Bad Dudes.

"President Ronnie has been kidnapped by the Ninjas. Are you a bad enough dude to rescue Ronnie?"
Wraith

Postby Wraith » 23 Jun 2006, 23:32

Brad wrote:
Lavos wrote:Okay now im going to dedicate my life to find out what game morgan was holding!!

Looked like Zelda to me.

Zelda was Gold.
-Wraith
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 23 Jun 2006, 23:43

Wraith wrote:
Brad wrote:

Looked like Zelda to me.

Zelda was Gold.

not all of them weren't.

-M

and I'm not sure whether I should find my being mistaken for the new guy offensive or hilarious.

I am not angry at you.
Wraith

Postby Wraith » 23 Jun 2006, 23:50

No, they totally all were. The "Greatest hits" release never happened. It was all a dream. Go back to bed.
-Wraith
Lavos
Lavos

Re: Nice!

Postby Lavos » 23 Jun 2006, 23:55

Graham wrote:
xgollum wrote:Who's the new guy? He makes a good news anchor, only they don 't usually have facial hair. Welcome to the wacky club, new guy! Matt, right?

Actually Matt is Matt. He's been around for a while. He's the blonde guy in the Antique sketch.

The "new guy" in question also isn't new, in fact, he's our news anchor from before. Brian Evans of Slow News Day. He was also the boss in Prepared Interview, but in both of those he was clean shaven. Geoffrey, btw.

Also, I never expected people to want to know so badly (but I am glad the NES cart was recognizable) about the game.
The game in question was Bad Dudes.

"President Ronnie has been kidnapped by the Ninjas. Are you a bad enough dude to rescue Ronnie?"
I KNEW I SAW 2 GUYS ON THE COVER, i first thought it was street fighter..
xgollum

Postby xgollum » 24 Jun 2006, 02:04

My apologies. Matt, of course you're matt, you were recently in the camp crush your dreams film cuz you have a baby face. Dunno why the name didn't click. I have not gone back and verified the facially haired Geoffrey in the films you said he's in, but I certainly believe you.

I for one welcome our facially follicled overlords.
Rhynome
First Video: Folklore

Postby Rhynome » 24 Jun 2006, 02:20

Have any of you guys ever seen 'The Two Ronnies'? The sound distortion scene is something they might have done. Only a bit more subtle as they were on BBC, so they'd slip in an innuendo, or act a scene or give a speech and at the end mis-pronounce one word that changed the entire meaning of the story, fantastic. It was Ronnie Barker (methinks) that wrote and performed those.

I love the 'slept funny', fantastic build-up an' all. Paul telling stories to children... ah screwit, all of it was brilliant. I don't think I've laughed that hard in quite a while.

Have you thought about doing any more videos where Graham or Paul talk over what's going on. Like The Gods of Innocuous Household Objects, or The Dangers of Smoking?
Johnny_Lunchbox

Postby Johnny_Lunchbox » 24 Jun 2006, 04:55

Oh good god. All that--for the 'slept kinda funny' line?

Gyah.

ANd I think it's "Pythonesque", not "Python Esk". It's apparently in the Oxford English Dictionary. I saw a 'reunion interview' with Monty Python (or what's left of it) where John Cleese said something along the lines of, 'We wanted to do comedy that was completely undefinable, that you couldn't really label per se. And now the Oxford English Dictionary has added the term 'Pythonesque' to describe work such as ours--well, that makes us horrible failures, really.'

Or something along those lines.

Edit--yeah, forgot to say, "Good job." I liked it. The lagging sound thing was very well done (and kinda wierd, considering the fact that my slow-ass piece of shit computer started doing that on its own towards the end of the vid).

EditAgain--Grampy Stalin? It just clicked. Nice.
"Yeah, I had it pretty hard growing up. I guess that's why I turned to accounting." - SB&M
DP

Postby DP » 24 Jun 2006, 06:58

Speaking of the Python's... I was hoping for 'Confuse a Cat' but I got 'Rowan and Martin's Laugh-in.' And while I didn't mind the switch, I still think it would have been better with a cameo by Richard M. Nixon's corpse.

SOCK IT TO ME!
YamaroV2

Postby YamaroV2 » 24 Jun 2006, 07:36

Graham, wiggins, everyone else, comedy gold.

Also, ironically, Rapidfire is a little d20 game I made 2 years ago but havent worked on since. Nyeh.
No longer your barrel-rolling monkey.

Return to “LRR Video Discussion”