A Successful Rebirth

Talk about LRR's gaming news show on PATV.
Graham
Super Moderator

A Successful Rebirth

Postby Graham » 22 Apr 2014, 22:40

FFXIV was rescued from people that probably shouldn't have been making it in the first place.
Kaziel
First Video: One of the Checkpoints while on PATV

Re: A Successful Rebirth

Postby Kaziel » 23 Apr 2014, 04:14

I've heard about ESO!

There was a dupe bug that made it through beta and caused massive damage to the economy, necessitating rollbacks.

www.ibtimes.co.in/articles/549079/20140 ... atched.htm
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 24 Apr 2014, 05:31

Elder Scrolls Online is slightly annoying as the European Southern Observatory is no long the first results for 'ESO'.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Blackie62
First Video: Mercenary Solutions 2 or Desert Bus 3

Postby Blackie62 » 24 Apr 2014, 21:34

Fuck traditional aspirational vessels for the assumed straight male holding the controller indeed! I've wanted to be a hot man that people attracted to men are attracted to since my father took me to see my first James Bond movie. Where is my representation game industry?! Damn good opinion reporting there Kathleen.
No matter what I say there is a 40% percent chance I'm not being serious, and if I sound like I'm not then I probably am.
Aumentou
First Video: Chronologically, it was unskippable

Postby Aumentou » 27 Apr 2014, 09:45

During the bit about hot male characters, Kathleen said "straight, gay, or trans". That's a bit awkward for two reasons. First, "trans" is not a sexual orientation. Neither transgender, transsexual, nor transvestite are terms relating to orientation - the first two relate to gender dysphoria and action to solve it, while the third relates to an activity that might not have any sexual component at all. For example, I could be accurately described as a transvestite because I am a woman who wears explicitly male clothing in at least one of my hobbies.
The second problem is that there are more orientations than hetero- and homosexual. So inclusive language should probably include the rest of us.

I liked everything I didn't just criticise.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 27 Apr 2014, 22:03

Thanks for that!
I'm afraid all we can do is apologize (we were under a VERY tight writing deadline for this episode) and try to improve that kind of language for next time :)

Return to “Checkpoint”