August 29th :: Keytars

Talk about this week's LRRcast and what you'd like to see in future ones.
James
LRR Crew

August 29th :: Keytars

Postby James » 30 Aug 2007, 15:13

LET THERE BE PODCAST!
anotherearth

Postby anotherearth » 30 Aug 2007, 15:22

Second!!!

Saying first is so last week...
Second is the new first, ya know...
AJ

Postby AJ » 30 Aug 2007, 15:30

Why are podcasts released whenever I have homework to do?

In other words, I won't get to listen to it 'til tomorrow. Sorry. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( (That would be my Smily Army frowning at you. We invade Cuba at noon!)
Lavos
Lavos
First Video: 1337

Postby Lavos » 30 Aug 2007, 16:27

What did they say when they said something about me and the forums? Couldn't catch it and i listened to it 3 times.
i dont know what's happening anymore
StoneageRocker
Ret-con'd: Correct

Postby StoneageRocker » 30 Aug 2007, 16:29

Ok I didn't let myself get drawn into the time-travel debate as its a comedy video, anyhoo a Podcast isn't a comedy video so I couldn't help myself.

Time is not a human construct, it is a valid dimension just like space (length, width, depth), Hence Einstein's theories of Special Relativity and General Relativity. So there (poke tongue out smilely)

Also I get really annoyed by in films people casually refering to the "fact" that Einstein "proved" that going back in time is impossible, he certainly never proved that is impossible, or even gave any proof of such. And although the systems that would have to be used to travel back in time are not possible with todays technology but it still is theorectically possible.

For more info read Time Travel in Einstein's Universe (Paperback) by Richard Got, tis a really good book

/end of nerdy rant
In England.........

AJ

Postby AJ » 30 Aug 2007, 17:06

StoneageRocker wrote:Ok I didn't let myself get drawn into the time-travel debate as its a comedy video, anyhoo a Podcast isn't a comedy video so I couldn't help myself.

Time is not a human construct, it is a valid dimension just like space (length, width, depth), Hence Einstein's theories of Special Relativity and General Relativity. So there (poke tongue out smilely)

Also I get really annoyed by in films people casually refering to the "fact" that Einstein "proved" that going back in time is impossible, he certainly never proved that is impossible, or even gave any proof of such. And although the systems that would have to be used to travel back in time are not possible with todays technology but it still is theorectically possible.

For more info read Time Travel in Einstein's Universe (Paperback) by Richard Got, tis a really good book

/end of nerdy rant

Ah, yes, but going on with your "possible" part, one might philisophically say that going back in time is unethical because you might change something in the future. Just like that one short story by that one guy who did that writing thing.

I mean, you would change it, go back, and everything would be changed, and it's possible JUST POSSIBLE that you may have never been born. And if that were true, then the change would have never happened. And you would not exist and exist at the same time. And it's possible, just possible, that because you never existed that change would never have occured, you would still be born again. But you might ALSO still exist before that. Leaving two copies of you at the same time. One's just older. Of course it's also possible you dissapear in a puff of logic after you stop existing.

It's these paradoxes Doc from BTTF wouldn't shut up about.

So, there's me on philosphy (would that be philosophy? Or does philosophy even exist? Hmm...). Therefore, past time travel will ultimately suck. And that's why we shouldn't even try.

Although, I see no problem with going to the future. BUT YOU MAY NOT RETURN.
Lavos
Lavos

Postby Lavos » 30 Aug 2007, 17:47

Make a new thread in the general discussion. Jesus.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 30 Aug 2007, 18:54

Didn't we have this conversation before?
Yukikaze

Postby Yukikaze » 30 Aug 2007, 19:39

I'd like to mention that short people tend to live longer than tall people.

Which is suddenly working out better for me than my two brothers, who I was consoling it with until last year.

For the challenge, I'm mildly tempted to photograph myself whacking off to the LRR site, but no, I don't think so.
The Pious Flea

Postby The Pious Flea » 30 Aug 2007, 19:49

Yukikaze wrote:For the challenge, I'm mildly tempted to photograph myself whacking off to the LRR site, but no, I don't think so.

DO NOT WANT
I require a dance of intellect. Put on your thinking shoes!

Dance with us, LRR! Dance with us into oblivion!

Do not question me! I control your arms!
Lavos
Lavos

Postby Lavos » 30 Aug 2007, 20:27

The Pious Flea wrote:
Yukikaze wrote:For the challenge, I'm mildly tempted to photograph myself whacking off to the LRR site, but no, I don't think so.

DO WANT

Also: I might carve Lavos + Lrr on a tree with a big heart around it. If you live in the trout lake area you would probably see it.
NecroVale
Card-Carrying Cool Person
First Video: Door to Door

Postby NecroVale » 30 Aug 2007, 20:38

Go for it Lavos.

Edit: Extra points if the picture has you making out with the tree with the carving.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 30 Aug 2007, 20:46

Lavos wrote:
The Pious Flea wrote:

DO WANT

Also: I might carve Lavos + Lrr on a tree with a big heart around it. If you live in the trout lake area you would probably see it.

This is a hard challenge, cuz the really good ideas require another person to take the picture for it to look good.

I have a good idea for someone else to do (cuz i already have a forum rank, and I'm WAAAY too busy withc school and work to do it). Basically make your friend the logo, in which they are the large dot, and you put three smaller dots on their right side on a pole of sorts, and then attach the arrow on the left side. (Myspace is being butt, or else i'd show you the crude diagram of what i mean.) Then, you take romantic pictures of you and your friend at a cafe, or on the beach, or skipping through the meadow. Just avoid violating the logo, as you are asking your FRIEND to do this for you.
Jermo

Postby Jermo » 31 Aug 2007, 00:05

Uwe Boll was at Anime Evolution doing a panel for Postal, hes a really interesting/weird person.
"Less talk more Phat loots"
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 31 Aug 2007, 12:35

Yeah? Well, you know what I've been playing? I'm pretty much ashamed. I picked up Pokemon Pearl. I haven't played any pokemon since gold came out. /me hides in shame.

Maybe I'll buy and XBOX 360 for the sould purpose of playing Bioshock.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
Yukikaze

Postby Yukikaze » 31 Aug 2007, 14:58

The Pious Flea wrote:

DO NOT WANT

Hence why I didn't, as I don't want that out on the 'net any more than you do, but the thought did cross my mind, and it's not prohibited by the contest rules, explicitly or implicitly.

Also, that kind of reaction is why I say and do some of the things I say and do. I find it funny.
HomerTheBrave

Postby HomerTheBrave » 31 Aug 2007, 23:51

FYI: Moog is pronounced like 'rogue,' except with a big fat dual-oscillator filtersweep 'M.'
Dr Frankenjam

Postby Dr Frankenjam » 01 Sep 2007, 02:10

Lavos wrote:
The Pious Flea wrote:

DO WANT

I might do the same, but in my arm and with a pair of compasses.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 01 Sep 2007, 14:17

Dr Frankenjam wrote:I might do the same, but in my arm and with a pair of compasses.

LRR love not LRR stalker.
Kara
First Video: The Bet

Postby Kara » 01 Sep 2007, 17:55

I have a fairly lame and sentimental idea of what I'm going to do for my picture...

But then again, it'll be my first attempted challenge. (This is the first podcast I've listened to in a long while.)
AJ

Postby AJ » 01 Sep 2007, 19:10

For my picture, I will take someone in the LRR cast (not LRRCast, LRR cast. HUGE difference), drive him or her to Vegas, and marry him or her.

So... volunteers?
Kara
First Video: The Bet

Postby Kara » 01 Sep 2007, 20:04

AJ wrote:For my picture, I will take someone in the LRR cast (not LRRCast, LRR cast. HUGE difference), drive him or her to Vegas, and marry him or her.

So... volunteers?

Best. Idea. Ever.

And I have mine ready...But I think I'll wait a few more days to post it up. What's the deadline?
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 01 Sep 2007, 23:26

7pm PDT on Monday. Generally that's when they have asked for them to be ready. Post it by then and you should be good.
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 02 Sep 2007, 18:54

They say a picture is worth a thousand words...

Oh yeah. Feel the love. *silly grin*

~Alja-Markir~
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 02 Sep 2007, 19:26

Alja-Markir wrote:They say a picture is worth a thousand words...

Oh yeah. Feel the love. *silly grin*

~Alja-Markir~

Not quite the lovin they were talking about, but still it's pretty funny.

/hat off

Return to “LRRcast”