LRRcast for Worst Day Ever

Talk about this week's LRRcast and what you'd like to see in future ones.
User avatar
James
LRR Crew
Posts: 3007
Joined: 20 Mar 2004, 13:14
Location: Victoria
Contact:

LRRcast for Worst Day Ever

Postby James » 19 Apr 2009, 09:45

P
O
D
C
A
S
T

I
S

A

G
O
!
User avatar
The Jester
Posts: 6141
Joined: 07 Aug 2008, 17:49
First Video: The Truce
Location: Chester, UK
Contact:

Postby The Jester » 19 Apr 2009, 10:18

Sweet, I shall listen to it after my tea, and edit this post with my thoughts :)

[Edit]: I already like it for Paul saying 'sound of smoke'. Awesome.

Also, where are you guys on TVTropes? It's not like I've searched or anyithng, but what trope do you fall into?

I'd like to point out that force lightning does cause permanant damage, because that's what scarred Palapatine so badly.

Is it bad that I don't know what part used the dolly?

City of Heroes' level design is pretty sweet. You get xp as even if you're playing a user made module, and the more you play of them the more stuff you can put into yours. I've not actually had much experience with it myself because I've been to busy recently to get on as much as I'd like, but the content I'm creatin is gong to be deliberatley silly, so if anybody does go on, look out for anyhing created by Vanilla Jester, my global name on there, and the name content gets posted under.
Also, a strict policy of non-farm orientated content has already been implamented, compared to LittleBigPlanet. You get in huge poop if you make one specificaly for grinding and acheivements.

Regarding the 'putting yourself on the internet is putting yourself on the internet' discussion; I've wondered about requesting the main as friends on FaceBook but stopped myself because we've not actually met or anything. I was just wondering if it'd be cool to add you guys. My main reason for doing so, as I don't check my FB much either, is just to be able to say that I have, if you get what I mean. I just think it'd be cool to have the LRR crew among my FB freinds.

Just curious, but what did Ashton Kutcher do to Twitter? You all sounded so vehment, but I don't have an account or anything..

Is Gorgeous not your most visualy arresting video?

Regarding the possiblility of a new live skit, and bearing in mind that this has already been asked (although I can't remember what the outcome of the last time it was asked was) is it possible to see anything from the last Loading Ready Live?

Sorry if this just seems like I've gone through the podcast and made notes, but that's pretty much what I've done :oops:
Last edited by The Jester on 19 Apr 2009, 15:20, edited 1 time in total.
Cybren
Posts: 1497
Joined: 29 Feb 2008, 14:38

Postby Cybren » 19 Apr 2009, 11:01

Final Fantasy 4 is the only game where your stats can get lower when you level, and I'm pretty sure it still happens in the DS version
User avatar
goat
Posts: 3710
Joined: 02 Feb 2009, 20:59

Postby goat » 19 Apr 2009, 11:04

So, technically the song was co-written between the two members of the buggles (Geoff Downs on keyboards, left, and Trevor Horn on vocals, right):

Image

And this fellow, Bruce Woolley (writer, producer) who was never actually a band member, but has 50% ownership:

Image


And then we have Matt:
Image



I can almost seem him as Trevor Horn.... almost
User avatar
King Kool
Quality and Quantity
Posts: 5979
Joined: 28 Jan 2008, 19:22
Location: Rhode Island
Contact:

Postby King Kool » 19 Apr 2009, 11:31

How did you guys like the Fallout 3 speedrun? I watched it last week. My brother (who's put 100 hours into Fallout 3) thought it was just ridiculous.
Image
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
User avatar
LCom
Posts: 10
Joined: 26 Jul 2007, 09:51

Postby LCom » 19 Apr 2009, 12:21

Tenchu Z really is butt, but I have to say that the co-op is surprisingly fun. Working together to slaughter everyone, or getting guards pissed at you and leading them into your friend so you can escape.
ImageImage
User avatar
Lyinginbedmon
Posts: 10806
Joined: 20 Dec 2007, 18:08
First Video: BioShocked
Location: Darlington, Co. Durham
Contact:

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 19 Apr 2009, 14:02

A LittleBigPlanet Jesus? That would be sacrilegous, hilarious, and awesome all at the same time. I approve.
Image
Image
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
User avatar
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
Posts: 19383
Joined: 29 Oct 2006, 12:19
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate
Location: In Limbo.
Contact:

Postby Master Gunner » 19 Apr 2009, 15:34

For the airsoft gun and "going to fast", a firearm in Canada is actually defined by propelling a projectile at above a certain velocity. So if it actually did fire at above that velocity, it would be classified as an actual firearm instead of an airsoft gun, and thus subject to all the restrictions therein.

Yes, it's stupid and I hate it to, but that's what I read a couple years ago.



As to social networking, I think I have all the LRR people on Twitter, and a great deal of the forum members. When it comes to Facebook, I think I have Morgan and Roscoe due to Desert Bus, and Kathleen for......I really don't know why. But I never use Facebook anyways.
Last edited by Master Gunner on 19 Apr 2009, 15:43, edited 1 time in total.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
User avatar
The Jester
Posts: 6141
Joined: 07 Aug 2008, 17:49
First Video: The Truce
Location: Chester, UK
Contact:

Postby The Jester » 19 Apr 2009, 15:39

Couldn't you just hide it somewhere? How often do vehicles get searched, and how thoroughly?

(Jeez, it took me long enough to get the word thoroughly right :?)
User avatar
concupiscentcrustacean
Posts: 308
Joined: 17 Dec 2007, 17:27
First Video: black box

Postby concupiscentcrustacean » 19 Apr 2009, 16:12

The Jester wrote:Couldn't you just hide it somewhere? How often do vehicles get searched, and how thoroughly?

(Jeez, it took me long enough to get the word thoroughly right :?)



nine twenty-something year old guys on a yellow school bus.

Pretty likely that they, and their stuff would get searched.
"I studied the ancient art of Origami gun making, and i've folded a pistol out of purest prose. This is an Origami 45. The most powerful poetry in the world."
User avatar
Lyinginbedmon
Posts: 10806
Joined: 20 Dec 2007, 18:08
First Video: BioShocked
Location: Darlington, Co. Durham
Contact:

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 19 Apr 2009, 16:52

I don't know, it's a fairly short bus, and there's a lot of evidence that could be used for retardation. Most of season one in fact.
Image
Image
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
User avatar
Yaxley
Posts: 2389
Joined: 02 Nov 2008, 14:38
First Video: Lock Out
Location: Pennsylvania

Postby Yaxley » 19 Apr 2009, 17:04

Re: the Twitter conversation. I've wondered similar things about Facebook. I remember in particular during Desert Bus 2 that Ash mentioned her Facebook account and someone said, "You just gained 1,000 new friends." Which struck me because I had considered adding the LRR crew, and then stopped myself because I thought, "We're not really friends. We don't even know each other. I just like the videos they make." So I didn't attempt to add anyone, except for Rosco P. Jangles IV. Oh, and Morgan, because of the Dinglebert Fluff-Champion III thing.

But I do sometimes wonder where the line is. Personally, I've decided to draw it at interacting with you on the forums, and on LRR related Twitter accounts. Not so much on Facebook just because I realize you are real people who have real friends outside of the LRR fanbase. Then again, maybe some people want as many Facebook friends as possible. I don't know. So it's nice to hear where people stand on the issue.
User avatar
Graham
Super Moderator
Posts: 15025
Joined: 09 Mar 2004, 19:37
Location: Victoria, BC
Contact:

Postby Graham » 19 Apr 2009, 17:21

Yaxley wrote:Which struck me because I had considered adding the LRR crew, and then stopped myself because I thought, "We're not really friends. We don't even know each other.


I used to double check with everyone to see if LRR was the reason they were adding me, but that now takes too much time. So, I've taken to adding pretty much everyone now. It's cool.

I might do that limited profile thing though. No offense to anyone!
User avatar
notomtolose
Posts: 218
Joined: 03 Feb 2009, 16:44
Location: YWG

Postby notomtolose » 19 Apr 2009, 17:38

1 - Ashton Kutcher (twitter.com/aplusk) was racing CNN Breaking News (twitter.com/cnnbrk) to be the first to a million Twitter followers a few nights ago. He streamed from his house in the hours preceding, and CNN was campaigning on TV. It was kinda fun to watch, actually, though I wouldn't have bothered except: EA put up a prize for Kutcher's millionth follower, and it seemed like decent odds. I don't know how he found out, but I guess Graham was within 10? Anyway, he went on Oprah the next morning, so that plus CNN's campaign means Twitter took a big step toward being 'mainstream', I guess.

2 - I know Jer wants it for Mac, but if anyone wants to buy Fallout or Fallout 2 for Windows, you can get them for six dollars each at gog.com (Good Old Games), DRM-free and compatible with XP and Vista.

3 - Like you guys said, you have funny Twitter conversations with one another, and that goes for Tally, too. I had the same misgivings as the asker of the question, but ignored them on the same grounds that James mentioned. Also, Matt was incorrect: you can proactively protect your updates through the settings menu. Then nobody can follow you unless you approve them.
User avatar
goat
Posts: 3710
Joined: 02 Feb 2009, 20:59

Postby goat » 19 Apr 2009, 18:35

This almost makes me want to be active on twitter..... almost.

I just have a hard time justifying it, since it's basically just facebook's status updates. I can't really take advantage of its mobile capabilities either.

But on the other hand, it would be a good way to keep tabs on LRR updates, and a couple of other sites that use twitter for things like that.
User avatar
Cade Antilles
Posts: 1477
Joined: 24 Mar 2009, 15:01
First Video: Man Cooking - The Gigantor
Location: California, USA
Contact:

Postby Cade Antilles » 19 Apr 2009, 18:50

Graham wrote:
Yaxley wrote:Which struck me because I had considered adding the LRR crew, and then stopped myself because I thought, "We're not really friends. We don't even know each other.


I used to double check with everyone to see if LRR was the reason they were adding me, but that now takes too much time. So, I've taken to adding pretty much everyone now. It's cool.

I might do that limited profile thing though. No offense to anyone!

I was actually thinking along the same lines as Yaxley. But, if you don't mind me adding you to Facebook, I think I might. And, I won't take offense to a limited profile.

As for that Fallout 3 vid . . . I'm gonna have to go track that down. Plus, thanks go to Morgan for that tidbit of info on Operation Anchorage. I may actually download it now.
Image
"May the Force rock you!"

Professional Procrastinators - Insuring a better tomorrow, by having more fun today!
User avatar
King Kool
Quality and Quantity
Posts: 5979
Joined: 28 Jan 2008, 19:22
Location: Rhode Island
Contact:

Postby King Kool » 19 Apr 2009, 20:36

On the Facebook thing:

At first I didn't join even the Facebook group because it would reveal my True Name (I used to use that term ironically, but after that calamitous topic from DigitalDolphin, it certainly doesn't seem as funny). But since I revealed it six months ago during Desert Bus 2 (and it's been online since about 2003, you just need to know where to look), I guess I should just do it.

However, I never ONCE thought I would ever add any of the crew as friends on Facebook. Facebook is for people I know personally (and sometimes, for people who claim to know me in high school and I have no recollection of whatsoever). If I was more into Myspace, I might be tempted to join something like that, but that's because Myspace seems more casual somehow.
Image
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
User avatar
Jillers
Posts: 3006
Joined: 14 Oct 2008, 19:26
First Video: How to Talk LIke a Pirate
Location: Somewhere on top of garbage
Contact:

Postby Jillers » 19 Apr 2009, 21:54

King Kool wrote:On the Facebook thing:

However, I never ONCE thought I would ever add any of the crew as friends on Facebook. Facebook is for people I know personally (and sometimes, for people who claim to know me in high school and I have no recollection of whatsoever). If I was more into Myspace, I might be tempted to join something like that, but that's because Myspace seems more casual somehow.


That's pretty much my thinking on the whole thing - I wait until I have met a person, and have had a conversation with them and get along with them, until I consider adding them to my facebook.
Myspace does seem more casual, but myspace also lets you use usernames - they don't ask for your full (actual/real/legal/whatever) name, so you can be ~*~cAzyGuRRL4E~*~ if you feel like it, which lends it a much more casual feel than facebook.

Now that Ashton Kutcher has ruined twitter, I wonder what the next big social networking thing will be.
Team Cybershark

[subliminal] visit Geeking Out About [/subliminal]


~End Transmission~
User avatar
Cade Antilles
Posts: 1477
Joined: 24 Mar 2009, 15:01
First Video: Man Cooking - The Gigantor
Location: California, USA
Contact:

Postby Cade Antilles » 19 Apr 2009, 22:09

Heh, before anyone thinks I'm one of those Facebook friend-whores, let me set the record straight. Absolutely everyone on my friends list is someone I know and converse with in real life. Maybe not always on a regular basis, but I personally know every single one of them. I do not make a habit of sending friend requests to people I don't know.

Were Graham to accept a friend request from me, he'd be the very first person I've never met on my friends list.
Image
"May the Force rock you!"

Professional Procrastinators - Insuring a better tomorrow, by having more fun today!
User avatar
iamafish
Posts: 4804
Joined: 22 Feb 2009, 10:28
First Video: Crime and Punishment
Location: Oxford/Worcestershire, England
Contact:

Postby iamafish » 20 Apr 2009, 01:47

i've always found adding random people that have provided me with entertainment of some form through the media (no matter how unmainstream) on facebook seem seems a little fanboyish is you know what i mean. i know it would annoy the hell out of me if some people i didn't know tried to add me as a friend of Facebook, so i dont do it other people. Understandable if the account is ostensibly providing updates to people i would be ok with that, but my own personal account, that would just weird me out
Thoughts From a Fish Bowl<------ my blog...

My Twitter

iamafish never wrote:the male trouser snake is evidence that evolution has no sense of aesthetics
User avatar
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
Posts: 19383
Joined: 29 Oct 2006, 12:19
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate
Location: In Limbo.
Contact:

Postby Master Gunner » 20 Apr 2009, 02:16

This reminds me, there are some random people from my school that I should probably remove from my Facebook, since I either have no idea who they are, or don't like them.

Certainly gives me more sympathy for the crew.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
User avatar
whyarecarrots
Posts: 474
Joined: 09 Mar 2009, 15:35
Location: The jet propelled flying Naafi

Postby whyarecarrots » 20 Apr 2009, 04:01

Master Gunner wrote:This reminds me, there are some random people from my school that I should probably remove from my Facebook, since I either have no idea who they are, or don't like them.


I am in exactly the same situation at the moment: I'm planning to have a major clean out of my facebook account as soon as I leave school (July), and get rid of anyone I don't really know or don't like: there's no point in having them on there at all. I also get very annoyed by people who add me, who I don't know, presumably only because I appeared in the 'people you may know' feature (again, they'll all be going as well)

On the flip side however, I did once talk to one of these people who I accepted as a friend, despite not knowing who they were specifically, and we're now good friends: swings and roundabouts really...

@the podcast (ie, getting on topic): I'll listen this evening, as I've still got some revision to be getting on with.

Two general podcast question however: have you stopped doing the LRRCast trivia questions (I don't think I've heard them mentioned in any recent podcasts), and if you have, is there anyway to get a custom title now at all?
Also, how far behind are you, pagewise in the AskLRR thread?

Thanks
Lyinginbedmon wrote:Real men don't sleep!

INSOMNIA IS MANLY! HAAAH!
User avatar
Lyinginbedmon
Posts: 10806
Joined: 20 Dec 2007, 18:08
First Video: BioShocked
Location: Darlington, Co. Durham
Contact:

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 20 Apr 2009, 04:39

I have a bunch of superfluous or now-obselete entries on my MSN list...

I use neither facebook nor twitter, I'm completely irrelevant to this discussion.
Image
Image
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
User avatar
Dave-O_Boy
Posts: 2679
Joined: 19 Apr 2009, 11:54
First Video: Unskipable
Location: Seattle

Postby Dave-O_Boy » 20 Apr 2009, 09:49

goat wrote:
ImageImage


Matt and the fellow on the left.. same expression or same person.. spooky.
User avatar
Emperor Gum
Posts: 2110
Joined: 24 May 2008, 20:02
First Video: Moving Out
Location: Cheltenham, UK
Contact:

Postby Emperor Gum » 20 Apr 2009, 10:34

Thanks for answering my questions guys. I think I shall add Tally forthwith.
Image

Return to “LRRcast”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests