LRRcast for Death from Above

Talk about this week's LRRcast and what you'd like to see in future ones.
goat

Re: LRRcast for Death from Above

Postby goat » 08 Oct 2009, 03:45

Dave-O_Boy wrote:
goat wrote:
tak197 wrote:Chemistry.com is what I am on. eHarmony is a bit of a crap site i think.

OKcupid is free!

But like all dating site, it's pretty horrible too!

Right, but if you're gonna use a crap service, it might as well be a free crap service.
Yaxley
First Video: Lock Out

Postby Yaxley » 08 Oct 2009, 09:35

I usually listen to these while driving, and the line, "I want to die fighting a volcano" almost made me wreck. For some reason, that struck me as ridiculously funny.
ecocd
First Video: Desert Bus 2

Postby ecocd » 09 Oct 2009, 14:14

My current gf and I met on Geek-2-Geek. This is especially amusing since we lived less than a mile from each other at the time, but probably would've never met otherwise (we live together now :grin:). Large Internet, small world.
ecocd - echo-see-dee (We apologize for the inconvenience)
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 12 Oct 2009, 10:22

I have a couple good online dating stories. One is my friends and one is my own but the share many of the same people.

H is one of my closest friends and also my oldest; I have known her since preschool. Through her I met J couple years ago. He likes saying outrageous politically incorrect things. About a year ago I hear that J is on a online dating site posing as a hot slutty girl in expose men looking to cheat on their wives.

About a month later I hear that J has also been using the site seriously and has met a girl K. A month later J goes and meets K face to face; after another month they have decided to get married. A few months later they married at a surprisingly tasteful ceremony in Los Vegas (H and I were the only non family in attendance); they looked the part as J wore his white full dress naval uniform.

A couple months ago I went to wings night with K and J. J turns to me and tells me that H and J had set up a profile on the same site for me with out me knowing. K was not pleased with J for telling me this as I was not supposed to known about it yet. Later at drinks at H's I heard the full story. H and K knowing that I can be very shy around girls created the profile to find a suitable girlfriend for me. They would screen the girls before they met me; the profile explained the situation. Even if they did not find me a girl they would meet some new friends. I was both weirded out and flattered that I have friends would do this for me. Unfortunately for them I left to go traveling for six months soon after I learned this and when I return I do not think I will be living in Victoria for very long before I leave for grad school.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.

Return to “LRRcast”