LRRcast for How to LRR

Talk about this week's LRRcast and what you'd like to see in future ones.
Yaxley
First Video: Lock Out

Re: LRRcast for How to LRR

Postby Yaxley » 25 Oct 2009, 07:06

I found a mouse in the dining room a couple of weeks ago. I thought that the presence of two cats in the house would easily solve the problem. Yet despite physically picking the cats up and setting them directly on top of the mouse, the mouse remained in the corner while the cats wandered away bored. I had to sweep it out the door with a broom.

Other than that, no real infestations except for that summer with the cicadas, but as that's only once every seventeen years, I guess I can put up with it.
goat

Postby goat » 25 Oct 2009, 07:18

GreigKM wrote:Oh, and Japaniese Beetles are really bad in Michigan this time of year (little buggers look just like lady bugs)

No, no. You're referring to the asian multicolored lady beetle.

This baby is the Japanese beetle:

Interesting side note: The asian multicolored lady beetle was originally released in New Orleans in the 1970s as an attempt at biocontrol of another pest. Gradually they flew north, where eventually they found soybean aphid on Michigan's plentiful soybean crop, which is apparently very delicious to the beetle. Huge food source -> population explosion circa early 2000s. Currently I count about 7 dead ones sitting in my light fixture. Good times.
GreigKM
First Video: One of the LRR3K's (I can't remember)

Postby GreigKM » 26 Oct 2009, 02:51

goat wrote:
GreigKM wrote:Oh, and Japaniese Beetles are really bad in Michigan this time of year (little buggers look just like lady bugs)

No, no. You're referring to the asian multicolored lady beetle.

This baby is the Japanese beetle:

Interesting side note: The asian multicolored lady beetle was originally released in New Orleans in the 1970s as an attempt at biocontrol of another pest. Gradually they flew north, where eventually they found soybean aphid on Michigan's plentiful soybean crop, which is apparently very delicious to the beetle. Huge food source -> population explosion circa early 2000s. Currently I count about 7 dead ones sitting in my light fixture. Good times.

Yes, the Multicolored Lady Beetle, good times. :roll:
Google+ | Steam
I like ponies too much
Dr. Atrocity

Postby Dr. Atrocity » 26 Oct 2009, 04:16

Lyinginbedmon wrote:I actually thought the student house I'm in was fairly creepy crawly-less, because with the exception of a rather large and ominous spider that camped out in the first week and has since been forcefully de-camped, we haven't had any.

I'm in student housing, and currently the only bloke living in the house (P.I.M - no, I'm sorry, I'm too white.) This means that my household duties unironically include "Creepy-Crawly Deportation". The girls will freak out when there's even a Daddy Long-Legs hanging around so I have to bust out the old postcard/coffee mug combo.

Way to fight for feminisim, girls.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 26 Oct 2009, 04:47

As if on cue, last night I encountered a silverfish in the kitchen. Tiny little thing.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness

Return to “LRRcast”