Re: Podcasts in general

Talk about this week's LRRcast and what you'd like to see in future ones.
James
LRR Crew

Postby James » 24 Nov 2009, 23:25

Dear LRR fans,

We haven't been the best podcasters in the world, we know that and are going to be doing our best to fix it. We know when a podcast is late or not coming and don't need a reminder.

Several reasons over the past couple months have been larger factors into why we haven't gotten podcasts out as quickly as we would like. They are the following.

1. My laptop, I have since got a new one. No longer an issue
2. Desert Bus/6th Ann Screening, these have been a lot of work and a lot of time. The screening is done and we will be done with desert bus after this week. No longer an issue
3. Long meetings/discussions. As you guys found out today we will be making a large change in January (see this thread: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=10888) and we have spent many hours talking over what this means for the site and has been taking away time during our Saturdays.

The podcast has always been something we do for you guys not because we have to but because we want to (It should be noted that at this point our weekly videos are a have too) we feel bad if we don't get them up, but they aren't number 1 priority around here. If we miss a week don't freak out and don't worry, lord knows the following weeks will be over an hour long.

I would really appreciate it if from now on if there isn't a podcast up don't worry about it, we will do our best to get one up as soon as we possibly can. This means no threads dedicated to late podcasts.
Cybren

Postby Cybren » 25 Nov 2009, 00:46

We all understand that, james. We donated the podcast for the children.
Machalllewis
First Video: Ways to Stay Awake

Postby Machalllewis » 25 Nov 2009, 01:44

Yeah, if there isn't a podcast we'll just piss and moan in this thread instead. No worries James.
Nothing to see here.
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 25 Nov 2009, 14:32

Yeah, making a new thread is excessive. Also, unless the podcast is a week late, you can just chalk it up to James getting into the medicine cabinet again.

I'm kinda surprised this board allows non-crew to make topics in the first place.
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
James
LRR Crew

Postby James » 26 Nov 2009, 13:46

Yah, we will be fixing that shortly.
Alterran
First Video: How to talk like a Pirate

Postby Alterran » 26 Nov 2009, 15:49

It's usually worth the wait, so consider it a job well done so far in my eyes. Now get the hell back to work! :P
AnanziP1
First Video: Time is Money

Postby AnanziP1 » 26 Nov 2009, 23:04

I fail to see any reason to worry :D. We all just got a nice, long, six-day podcast to sate our hunger.

Take a rest and worry about the podcast later. We'll still be here.
"Realistic goals are for people with no imagination." - Kathleen
Arius
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Arius » 27 Nov 2009, 21:33

To be fair, most late podcast threads were started by crew. We just managed to reuse them.
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 28 Nov 2009, 01:53

Yeah, I think from now on, we should just try to wait out the delay. But as a courtesy, could you maybe let us know when the podcast is delayed because of, say, Laptop destruction and the like?
Cade Antilles
First Video: Man Cooking - The Gigantor

Postby Cade Antilles » 28 Nov 2009, 02:14

I try not to freak out when there's no podcast, and pretty much succeed. In fact, I always treat the podcasts as icing on the proverbial cake, so if there isn't one, I don't worry about it.
"May the Force rock you!"

Professional Procrastinators - Insuring a better tomorrow, by having more fun today!
Genghis Ares
First Video: ArmEGAddon

Postby Genghis Ares » 29 Nov 2009, 13:17

You should probably just maintain a locked sticky thread, that you could update the title of, to display when/if a new podcast is coming.
JohnyMcmuffin
THERE'S Waldo!
First Video: The Stages

Postby JohnyMcmuffin » 07 Dec 2009, 01:15

Genghis Ares wrote:You should probably just maintain a locked sticky thread, that you could update the title of, to display when/if a new podcast is coming.

I would really appreciate if something like this was done. It would be rather nice to know if a podcast is going to happen on a given week or not. Even if it only tells yes or no for a week without any sort of timetable, it is nice to know whether to expect one or not so I can indulge in appropriate coping behavior if necessary.

Return to “LRRcast”