The Lost LRRcast

Talk about this week's LRRcast and what you'd like to see in future ones.
AK4186

Re: The Lost LRRcast

Postby AK4186 » 12 Dec 2009, 15:12

Any discussion of resurrecting canceled TV shows has to include Arrested Development. That show was amazing. Absolutely brilliant writing.

I also agree on Undergrads. That show is by far the most honest look at the realities of university life. It's also friggin' hilarious.

I also would have liked to see Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip continue. Aaron Sorkin is a genius, plain and simple. The FCC plot line in that was really going somewhere and Steven Weber was heading for an Emmy.

Right now, I'm really hoping Fringe and FlashForward don't hit that list.
Learn the wisdom of Fake Busey:
http://twitter.com/FakeBuseySays
Emperor Gum
First Video: Moving Out

Postby Emperor Gum » 12 Dec 2009, 15:14

A full length Mercenary Solutions action movie would be 'dope'.
Vigafre
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby Vigafre » 12 Dec 2009, 15:37

I was thinking about a full length version of Small Time. With the Doppleginger.
Zet

Postby Zet » 12 Dec 2009, 16:12

first time I heard of Bear vs. Shark was on Space Ghost Coast to Coast on cartoon network in May of 2001 (looked up the air date)
Rikadyn
First Video: the pub

Postby Rikadyn » 12 Dec 2009, 19:30

NekoDaimyo wrote:Man, you guys just reminded me that I actually went and saw the X/1999 movie in a theater in Seattle. And yet... I can't recall a damn thing about it. Other than it was completely nonsensical, of course.

The series, is so much better except for the ending...

I can see some epic 1hr intro to the warriors of darkness, then a jump cut to them sitting on a couch watching it, complaining >.>
the heart knows no greater tragedy than a breath that begins in love and ends in grief...
ThrashJazzAssassin
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby ThrashJazzAssassin » 13 Dec 2009, 04:38

For some reason I posted this in the wrong thread yesterday: we should all start saving up money for next year's Desert Bus to get someone to play through a good video game, stopping every half hour to watch Batman & Robin. And then play Desert Bus when they've finished.
Nevrmore
Supreme Testicle Manager

Postby Nevrmore » 13 Dec 2009, 07:21

AK4186 wrote:Any discussion of resurrecting canceled TV shows has to include Arrested Development. That show was amazing. Absolutely brilliant writing.

Thank you.

I was sitting through that whole portion of the cast, continuously saying "ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT! WHO HAS NOT SEEN ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT? DOLLHOUSE? WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ARRESTED DEVELOPMENT AHSHFTJJRTY"
Feltic
First Video: CH episode 5 or 6

Postby Feltic » 13 Dec 2009, 09:20

Someone already said it but I agree, really interested in your Discworld discussion. Though it seems I'm the only one who is a big fan of Granny Weatherwax, just like the character, walking the line of good and evil, true power is not using it, and so forth.

Also, if they're making the Moist novels into live action they darn well better get Jeremy Irons to be the patrician again, that was an amazing casting choice for Colour of Magic and Light Fantastic.
-Feltic

'You miss 100% of the shots you don't take, and statistically speaking, 99% of the shots you do.'
Dave-O_Boy
First Video: Unskipable

Postby Dave-O_Boy » 13 Dec 2009, 09:29

Zet wrote:first time I heard of Bear vs. Shark was on Space Ghost Coast to Coast on cartoon network in May of 2001 (looked up the air date)

Which episode? Was it Old Kentucky Shark?
~I'm probably not serious~
Oh and you can just call me Dave.
No need for the whole screen name.
MattAn
First Video: You're Kidding

Postby MattAn » 13 Dec 2009, 10:13

Eh, I'm disappointed Dollhouse was cancelled, but eh.. I WILL say one thing that I now adore LRR for (moreso Graham).. I've been watching Drew Carey's Green Screen Show on YouTube.. Holy crap, I can't believe I missed this show! It's hilarious! o.o It lacks Ryan Stiles but surely makes up for it with more Jeff Davis.

..I.. I think that's all I had to say. BACK TO WATCHING~!

Oh, by the way, Jason Bateman had stated on Australian talk show "ROVE", that Arrested Development's movie IS in the works.. But Job is being played by Vince Vaughn, not Will Arnett. :O Either way, the show is being aired again on our satellite pay-TV here in Australia, so all is well. I didn't watch it too much, but I won't lie, it's a great show.

[quote=Splunge]Final Fantasy VII has been re-released for download from the PSN Store. Sure, it'd be nice if they re-released a physical copy, but it is there.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure they mean a re-make as in better graphics, etc. Much like the PS3 tech demo that cropped up on YouTube..
Last edited by MattAn on 13 Dec 2009, 10:16, edited 1 time in total.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 13 Dec 2009, 10:14

Yeah, I don't know how we forgot about Arrested Development.

I mean, it got more seasons than most cancelled shows... maybe we forgot it was killed before its time? No idea.
The Hyena

Postby The Hyena » 13 Dec 2009, 11:58

Crossbreeding two questions into an ungodly hybrid, Clone High would be a pretty cool animated movie.
ThrashJazzAssassin

Postby ThrashJazzAssassin » 13 Dec 2009, 12:43

Hileict wrote:I've been watching Drew Carey's Green Screen Show on YouTube.. Holy crap, I can't believe I missed this show! It's hilarious!

What he said.
Vanguard
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Postby Vanguard » 13 Dec 2009, 20:41

A few points:

- After the lengthy Discworld discussion I'm definitely going to be looking into that series.

- As far as TV shows that I wish I could bring back? Pushing Daisies. The WGA strike frakked with it's first season and after that it got royally screwed by the network in it's second. The writers were forced to wrap up everything in the span of three episodes. Soo sad...

- Kathleen, a while back my father and I devised the most unfortunate name for a person that we could possibly think of: Buford T. Pusser. Take it and use it in good faith.

- So far Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo is still the weirdest anime I've ever seen, but after that discussion I may have to do some searching for some Excel Saga and especially Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobash.

~Van
ImageImageImageImage
BritchesStitches
First Video: How to talk like a Pirate.

Postby BritchesStitches » 13 Dec 2009, 21:08

Arrested Development has got to be the number one show on my list (to be brought back). As for the movie, I believe the entire cast has publicly stated they're signed on, and a few months back Ron Howard said they're definitely doing it. Guessing it's still being written though.
This is not my signature.
Machalllewis
First Video: Ways to Stay Awake

Postby Machalllewis » 14 Dec 2009, 03:32

I would like to point out Moist von Lipwig wasn't in Truth. I think mebbe Grahams getting confused with William de Worde there.

Woo for AskLRRathon.
Nothing to see here.
CommanderKeen
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby CommanderKeen » 14 Dec 2009, 04:39

Hileict wrote: But Job is being played by Vince Vaughn, not Will Arnett. :O

Will Arnett's IMDB page has Arrested Development (2011) in the works. Also this.
BritchesStitches
First Video: How to talk like a Pirate.

Postby BritchesStitches » 14 Dec 2009, 08:03

Also, it's GOB.

And yeah, IMDb has had an Arrested Development movie listed for a long time, first for 2009, then 2010, now 2011...
This is not my signature.
SammiRei
First Video: Ways to Stay Awake

Postby SammiRei » 14 Dec 2009, 08:48

Vanguard wrote:- So far Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo is still the weirdest anime I've ever seen, but after that discussion I may have to do some searching for some Excel Saga and especially Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobash.

~Van

After Excel Saga (anime version is way weirder then the manga version), check out Puni Puni Poemi, the quasi-sequel. It's even weirder than Excel Saga.
Cade Antilles
First Video: Man Cooking - The Gigantor

Postby Cade Antilles » 14 Dec 2009, 10:37

The X movie is, without a doubt, one of the weirdest animes I, too, have ever seen. You think it's bad enough as is? Try watching it in a Vicodin induced stupor. I got the great idea of renting it to watch after I had my wisdom teeth pulled.

Magical Shopping Arcade Abinobashi, weird as it is, is freaking fantastic. My favorite was the "fighting game/anime" episode. Complete with references to Fist of the North Star, Dragonball, and Bruce Lee.

It was awesome to hear so much Ask LRR in one podcast. You guys really should do that more than What You're Playing Now. As interesting as I find that bit, Ask LRR is more entertaining, in my opinion.
"May the Force rock you!"

Professional Procrastinators - Insuring a better tomorrow, by having more fun today!
Zet

Postby Zet » 14 Dec 2009, 13:54

Dave-O_Boy wrote:
Zet wrote:first time I heard of Bear vs. Shark was on Space Ghost Coast to Coast on cartoon network in May of 2001 (looked up the air date)

Which episode? Was it Old Kentucky Shark?

"Kentucky Nightmare" just watched it again, actually wasn't bear vs. shark, but about how bear and shark were natures best friends...

I actually like that a bit better than Bear vs. Shark
Nevrmore
Supreme Testicle Manager

Postby Nevrmore » 14 Dec 2009, 15:50

Vanguard wrote:- So far Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo is still the weirdest anime I've ever seen, but after that discussion I may have to do some searching for some Excel Saga and especially Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobash.

~Van

Bobobo got fucking boring, though. The manga, at least. Every second panel was half-filled with Beautiful, sporting the same shocked expression, describing what was happening right on the goddamn page. Shut up Beautiful shut up shut uuuuuuuup
ThrashJazzAssassin

Postby ThrashJazzAssassin » 15 Dec 2009, 10:45

Nevrmore wrote:Shut up Beautiful shut up shut uuuuuuuup

I bet you say that to all the girls!
Genghis Ares
First Video: ArmEGAddon

Postby Genghis Ares » 15 Dec 2009, 11:48

Small Gods and Night Watch, were my absolute favorites as well.
Nevrmore
Supreme Testicle Manager

Postby Nevrmore » 15 Dec 2009, 19:03

ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:
Nevrmore wrote:Shut up Beautiful shut up shut uuuuuuuup

I bet you say that to all the girls!

Not a bad approximation, really.

Return to “LRRcast”