LRRcast for iPotato

Talk about this week's LRRcast and what you'd like to see in future ones.
Arius
First Video: Max Effect

Re: LRRcast for iPotato

Postby Arius » 12 Feb 2010, 12:47

Here, so we all know what we're pulling from.

Podcast wrote:Tim: I'm going to interpret this somewhat sociologically.

Graham: Please do, please move closer.

Tim: Oh, I thought I was close enough. The initial comments on the Escapist thread were mostly positive. So, the people that came after that were like "Oh, people thought it was okay. I'm mostly going to think it's okay too." The first few, like the first two or three comments on the LRR thread didn't like it very much, so the people used that as their basepoint so even if they did kinda like it they're gonna be like "Yeah, maybe it wasn't as good as I thought it was."

Graham: I see what you're saying except I don't think people who comment on the Escapist give a crap, and I guarantee you they don't read previous posts in the same thread before they post.

Matt: That is very true.

Graham: I guarantee you.

Tim: I didn't see as much of a trend on the Escapist...

Graham: I can't tell you how many times I have had to reiterate something in a thread for a given Unskippable, when it's like... When we did Grandia III, it's like "What the fuck guys? That game was great." and I'm like "I know, I've played it, it's a fantastic game." and people kept saying "Why are you guys ragging on Grandia? It was amazing." I'm like, "Yes, I said previously that it was great." I did that like four times.

Tim: Yes.

Matt: Yea, we did that a few times, like in 'The Job' thread where people are like "This is a series." We're like "It's not a series. This is a one-off video, we're not setting up a plot base..."

Tim: I didn't... I didn't see the... I thought there were a few people. I mean, in the Escapist threads there are, in every video thus far, there have been two or three people who are like "I didn't like that." or whatever, and I think it was about the same on this one.

Graham: Mmm-hmm.

Tim: So, I didn't see as much of a trend.

Dun dun dun! It was Graham who initiated the talk of the Escapist forums being more independent in their analysis all along.
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
Chuckles
First Video: Omni-Lingual

Postby Chuckles » 12 Feb 2010, 13:19

Arius wrote:Dun dun dun! It was Graham who initiated the talk of the Escapist forums being more independent in their analysis all along.

Escapist forum members have independent thinking skills? Hmm...
So you're saying that Graham has us all brainwashed.. to think that LRR is worse than it really is?

It's not working.
"Flat beer or a lumpy mattress. Take your pick."
"I'd prefer a flat mattress."
"Hmm.. Well, it could be done.. If I take the lumps out of the mattress, and put them in the beer, you'd have a flat mattress and a lumpy beer!"
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 12 Feb 2010, 13:29

Heathen wrote:Hrm, a third podcast, just Tim, in an empty room, with his sociology essays. Nobody around to cut him off...and, granted, perhaps four or five people listening :P

Don't give him ideas.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 12 Feb 2010, 14:04

Hey, I would listen. I regret not being able to hear his essay during Desert Bus.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
iamafish
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Postby iamafish » 12 Feb 2010, 14:10

i would listen. knowledge is power and i want to level up
Thoughts From a Fish Bowl<------ my blog...

My Twitter

iamafish never wrote:the male trouser snake is evidence that evolution has no sense of aesthetics
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 12 Feb 2010, 14:28

I have yet to listen to this all the way through, but to be honest, I love your dry stuff, because it takes a minute or two for me to get the joke, but once I get it, I giggle a lot. But if you can use it to start a fire, it may be too dry.

Also, the iPad cumming kittens? I lol'd.
Heathen
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Heathen » 13 Feb 2010, 01:20

I would listen too, but there is a finite subset of the current listener base that would do too, probably not enough to justify an hour in a dark room with a notebook and a microphone ^_^
Emperor Gum
First Video: Moving Out

Postby Emperor Gum » 13 Feb 2010, 05:03

I think a large number of people listened to Paul reading names from a phone book monotonously. What I'm saying is, I'm a content whore.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 15 Feb 2010, 23:59

"Wah wah wah wah KITTEN?!?" I lol'd especially hard with Ashley's reaction to that whole jizzing kittens.
Last edited by tak197 on 23 Feb 2010, 17:20, edited 1 time in total.
Dubious_wolf
First Video: Mercenary Solutions 2

Postby Dubious_wolf » 16 Feb 2010, 17:28

Oh god tortured metaphors! ahhhh! I wonder if the Geneva Convention covers metaphors/analogies...
Also The Escapies HATE Apple. after the iPad announce I'm sure there was a lot of flaming of Apple on the forums.
SO MANY KITTENS!!! Oh god I laughed so hard, my roommate thinks I'm crazy now.
I also lost it during the EN-FA-ZEEM-A! part.
(PS. I thought it was a little long)
^( " )^
winner!
wartjr2373
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby wartjr2373 » 17 Feb 2010, 05:45

Dubious_wolf wrote:(PS. I thought it was a little long)

Blasphemy!
Just call me Dylan. It's easier to pronounce.

Mr. Biscuitbarrel
First Video: Omni-lingual

Postby Mr. Biscuitbarrel » 31 Mar 2010, 18:56

W/respect to people on the Escapist forums not reading your posts, requiring you to reiterate yourself a couple times, might it be worthwhile to just edit your initial post to cover topics that you suspect may be brought up multiple times?

Using Grandia 3 as an example, you could edit your initial post to say, "Yes, I/we liked Grandia 3. The quality of the game bears no relation to our ability to mock its cutscenes."
Tim
proudfoot
First Video: Something funny.

Postby Tim » 31 Mar 2010, 22:13

I'm grateful for this (slight) necro, because it allowed me to read the rest of the thread. And for the record, Heathen got what I was intending to say exactly right.
Special People: Superhero-with-a-twist web fiction, updating twice weekly.
Losing Freight: A sci-fi serial where readers vote on daily polls to shape the future of the story!

Return to “LRRcast”