LRRcast for Wireless Footprint

Talk about this week's LRRcast and what you'd like to see in future ones.
User avatar
James
LRR Crew
Posts: 3007
Joined: 20 Mar 2004, 13:14
Location: Victoria
Contact:

LRRcast for Wireless Footprint

Postby James » 17 Mar 2010, 21:16

I'm dumb.
No excuse.
This is late.
I'm sorry.

Enjoy.
User avatar
Vigafre
Posts: 3920
Joined: 27 Jul 2009, 13:07
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Re: LRRcast for Wireless Footprint

Postby Vigafre » 17 Mar 2010, 21:29

It's okay James, we still love you.
User avatar
the amativeness
Posts: 3735
Joined: 31 Jul 2008, 19:53
Location: America, where everyone sues everyone, always, for everything.

Re: LRRcast for Wireless Footprint

Postby the amativeness » 18 Mar 2010, 00:25

HEY LRR CREW!

Start your next AskLRR session here:

http://loadingreadyrun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4743&start=1592

P.S.: The Next/Previous links don't work correctly if you start from a post number not divisible by 25.

P.P.S.: You're on question 1592 of what is currently 2258. You have 667 "questions", on just over 26 pages, to go through to catch up. You are 9 months behind. Good Luck!
zA: How do I relax?
Evil Jim: Jerk off.
Frozengale: You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.
User avatar
Zet
Posts: 42
Joined: 02 Mar 2009, 11:50
Location: USA, Michigan
Contact:

Re: LRRcast for Wireless Footprint

Postby Zet » 18 Mar 2010, 02:16

had to rush over here and say...

Graham is appreciate.
Image
User avatar
goat
Posts: 3710
Joined: 02 Feb 2009, 20:59

Re: LRRcast for Wireless Footprint

Postby goat » 18 Mar 2010, 08:01

About being offended by Obama in "dishonorable discharge", we're pretty much used to it in the states considered the unbridled WHARGARBL going on down here.
User avatar
Vigafre
Posts: 3920
Joined: 27 Jul 2009, 13:07
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming
Location: Oklahoma
Contact:

Re: LRRcast for Wireless Footprint

Postby Vigafre » 18 Mar 2010, 10:03

goat wrote:About being offended by Obama in "dishonorable discharge", we're pretty much used to it in the states considered the unbridled WHARGARBL going on down here.

Yeah, I've seen worse. Much worse.
User avatar
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
Posts: 19383
Joined: 29 Oct 2006, 12:19
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate
Location: In Limbo.

Re: LRRcast for Wireless Footprint

Postby Master Gunner » 18 Mar 2010, 13:10

About the spinning-around thing: Graham, you know how with a quick flick of your mouse you can instantaneously move the cursor from one side of the screen to the other? It works exactly the same way in video games, except it's the viewpoint flicks around. Most people (that is, everybody that I know of) can do it in most games without even adjusting the mouse sensitivity (it tends to be set up near the high end by default anyways). Just part of how PC gaming works.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
User avatar
Graham
Super Moderator
Posts: 15038
Joined: 09 Mar 2004, 19:37
Location: Victoria, BC
Contact:

Re: LRRcast for Wireless Footprint

Postby Graham » 18 Mar 2010, 13:36

Master Gunner wrote:About the spinning-around thing: Graham, you know how with a quick flick of your mouse you can instantaneously move the cursor from one side of the screen to the other? It works exactly the same way in video games, except it's the viewpoint flicks around. Most people (that is, everybody that I know of) can do it in most games without even adjusting the mouse sensitivity (it tends to be set up near the high end by default anyways). Just part of how PC gaming works.
Yes, I have played FPS games on PC before, thanks :)

No, this caught me off-guard because it looked like a "move".
It was a perfect 360°, stopping dead at the end of it. Most people would waver.
User avatar
billyjr82
Posts: 52
Joined: 21 Mar 2007, 08:26
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
Contact:

Re: LRRcast for Wireless Footprint

Postby billyjr82 » 18 Mar 2010, 13:39

About the whole God of War / Dante's Inferno thing...I'm surprised that no one (gamers or those in the industry) have really yet called these games for the genre that they really are. 3D beat-em-up. Think back to games like Final Fight, Double Dragon, arcade TMNT. Those are all beat-em-ups, but they are side-scrolling beat-em-ups. Devil May Cry, God of War, and Dante's Inferno are at their core the same gameplay, but in 3D.

I don't mean this to over-simplify the games to say that one is a copy of the other...just saying that they are of the same 'genre' just as much as (to use the example from the podcast) Bioshock and Doom are of the same genre, FPS; or Street Fighter and Tekken for fighters.
Image
User avatar
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
Posts: 19383
Joined: 29 Oct 2006, 12:19
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate
Location: In Limbo.

Re: LRRcast for Wireless Footprint

Postby Master Gunner » 18 Mar 2010, 13:58

Graham wrote:No, this caught me off-guard because it looked like a "move".
It was a perfect 360°, stopping dead at the end of it. Most people would waver.


That just takes practice and a steady hand. I can do it most of the time. It is a different skillset than console gaming though (which I am significantly worse at).
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
User avatar
Matt
LRR Crew
Posts: 9742
Joined: 14 Mar 2004, 00:19
Location: Victoria, BC
Contact:

Re: LRRcast for Wireless Footprint

Postby Matt » 18 Mar 2010, 13:59

billyjr82 wrote:About the whole God of War / Dante's Inferno thing...I'm surprised that no one (gamers or those in the industry) have really yet called these games for the genre that they really are. 3D beat-em-up. Think back to games like Final Fight, Double Dragon, arcade TMNT. Those are all beat-em-ups, but they are side-scrolling beat-em-ups. Devil May Cry, God of War, and Dante's Inferno are at their core the same gameplay, but in 3D.

I don't mean this to over-simplify the games to say that one is a copy of the other...just saying that they are of the same 'genre' just as much as (to use the example from the podcast) Bioshock and Doom are of the same genre, FPS; or Street Fighter and Tekken for fighters.



They are referred to as "brawlers" pretty commonly, actually.

-m
Image

I am not angry at you.
User avatar
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
Posts: 9010
Joined: 13 Mar 2007, 19:20
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate
Location: Stroudsburg, PA
Contact:

Re: LRRcast for Wireless Footprint

Postby tak197 » 18 Mar 2010, 14:48

Vigafre wrote:
goat wrote:About being offended by Obama in "dishonorable discharge", we're pretty much used to it in the states considered the unbridled WHARGARBL going on down here.

Yeah, I've seen worse. Much worse.


Besides, right now only like 32% of Americans approve of the job he is doing, and only 17% approve of the job our Congress is doing. I think we would almost PREFER that Obama was an action hero, cuz it could bump up his street cred.
Image
Image
User avatar
UnspeakablePat
Posts: 221
Joined: 17 Mar 2010, 17:07
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming
Location: Kitchener, Ontario
Contact:

Re: LRRcast for Wireless Footprint

Postby UnspeakablePat » 18 Mar 2010, 18:10

Question for Matt:

Do you think you'll ever do a future performance that will top "Son of a Bitch"?
User avatar
Splunge
Posts: 127
Joined: 27 Jan 2008, 14:34
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: LRRcast for Wireless Footprint

Postby Splunge » 19 Mar 2010, 00:29

Regarding the whip-pan abandoned sketch idea discussed in AskLRR...
Holy crap, you were considering my suggestion, A Whip in Time?!?! (http://loadingreadyrun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5916)

That would have been so awesome to see. Looking back now, I agree that today it definitely wouldn't work. It's breaks the cH continuity and doesn't really mesh with your current filming style. Still...
Nice to know you thought about it :)
Fun is the feedback the brain gives while successfully absorbing a pattern - Raph Koster
I'm think I might be indirectly responsible for Bagel Time!
User avatar
wartjr2373
Posts: 1796
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 19:28
First Video: Quantum Documentary
Location: Guelph, ON
Contact:

Re: LRRcast for Wireless Footprint

Postby wartjr2373 » 19 Mar 2010, 05:53

I would still like to see this crazy camera sketch. You could change the sketch so that it takes place out of canon, couldn't you?

Very entertaining LRRcast. Kept me up later than I should have been up.
Just call me Dylan. It's easier to pronounce.

Image
User avatar
Jimmy shredshot
Posts: 5
Joined: 23 Feb 2010, 15:01
First Video: How to talk like a pirate.

Re: LRRcast for Wireless Footprint

Postby Jimmy shredshot » 19 Mar 2010, 12:34

There are also special gaming mice you can buy with a button that does a 180° turn, but I think it is most probably practice, plus high sensitivity.
Is coffee pot used in a sacrificial context?

Image
User avatar
Yaxley
Posts: 2389
Joined: 02 Nov 2008, 14:38
First Video: Lock Out
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: LRRcast for Wireless Footprint

Postby Yaxley » 20 Mar 2010, 12:25

I'm sure not everyone will agree with me, but for my money, Graham's greatest performance is in Digital Love with the delivery of the line, "I've heard of those!" No matter how many times I watch it, that always slays me.
User avatar
Machalllewis
Posts: 3466
Joined: 13 Aug 2009, 04:32
First Video: Ways to Stay Awake
Location: The webs
Contact:

Re: LRRcast for Wireless Footprint

Postby Machalllewis » 20 Mar 2010, 12:31

I wonder what Andy's greatest performance is....
Nothing to see here.
User avatar
wartjr2373
Posts: 1796
Joined: 17 Apr 2009, 19:28
First Video: Quantum Documentary
Location: Guelph, ON
Contact:

Re: LRRcast for Wireless Footprint

Postby wartjr2373 » 21 Mar 2010, 07:31

Machalllewis wrote:I wonder what Andy's greatest performance is....


All of them.
Just call me Dylan. It's easier to pronounce.

Image
User avatar
T3h Merc
Posts: 59
Joined: 09 Feb 2010, 20:44
First Video: Mercenary Solutions 2
Location: Seattle WA

Re: LRRcast for Wireless Footprint

Postby T3h Merc » 21 Mar 2010, 09:02

Fanstastic Job guys! I did fall out of my computer chair and hit my head the ground thanks the podcast... TOTALLY WORTH IT!
You can find me on Xbox Live or The Escapist under this name.

Image
Image

Return to “LRRcast”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests