LRRcast for Trapped Moves

Talk about this week's LRRcast and what you'd like to see in future ones.
James
LRR Crew

LRRcast for Trapped Moves

Postby James » 12 Nov 2010, 11:23

Shazzam!
Littleman 64
First Video: Rejected WiiPlay Games

Re: LRRcast for Trapped Moves

Postby Littleman 64 » 12 Nov 2010, 13:58

Do the rest of the Ask LRR thread during desert bus. You have all the time in the world.

Also the whole closing your eyes and seeing other games is common. Mostly assosiated with Tetris.
Dared00
First Video: The Phone Manner

Postby Dared00 » 12 Nov 2010, 14:20

Littleman 64 wrote:Also the whole closing your eyes and seeing other games is common. Mostly assosiated with Tetris.

Or Bejeweled. ;)
Yaxley
First Video: Lock Out

Postby Yaxley » 12 Nov 2010, 15:20

Or Puzzle Quest.

So basically just Bejeweled with skulls.
Lisra
First Video: Commodore Hustle 4

Postby Lisra » 12 Nov 2010, 16:41

Yay, some love for my birthplace Berlin :)
Adulthood can go fuck itself.
I'm not a girl. (:
HerefordLRRMan
First Video: Echo

Postby HerefordLRRMan » 12 Nov 2010, 17:01

If you guys want to visit a real rural bare city in england then come to hereford lol
The Poorman
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby The Poorman » 12 Nov 2010, 17:16

To the fine men and women of LRR,

1) I have the strange distinction of being both constantly on websites like 4chan and Newgrounds and am constantly on the internet, yet I honestly do not care about anime. I don't hate it, but I don't really care about it. Is there anybody in the LRR crew that doesn't care about anime? I'd feel better about it if I knew somebody else couldn't give two shits about it.

2) Also, I play alot of Minecraft and Grind alot on WoW, and was wondering if you guys knew any good podcasts besides your own. I am an avid listener the LRRcast (Obviously), to Rooster Teeth's Drunk Tank, and to Paul and Storm talk about some stuff to 5 or 10 minutes on average.
And as you stand tall, you will see, that when you fall, you fall from a height most men will never reach.
the amativeness
Location: America, where everyone sues everyone, always, for everything.

Postby the amativeness » 12 Nov 2010, 17:29

The Poorman wrote:To the fine men and women of LRR,

1) I have the strange distinction of being both constantly on websites like 4chan and Newgrounds and am constantly on the internet, yet I honestly do not care about anime. I don't hate it, but I don't really care about it. Is there anybody in the LRR crew that doesn't care about anime? I'd feel better about it if I knew somebody else couldn't give two shits about it.

2) Also, I play alot of Minecraft and Grind alot on WoW, and was wondering if you guys knew any good podcasts besides your own. I am an avid listener the LRRcast (Obviously), to Rooster Teeth's Drunk Tank, and to Paul and Storm talk about some stuff to 5 or 10 minutes on average.

Please note that this is NOT a thread for AskLRR questions. This is a thread for discussion over this specific LRRcast.

That's not to say the questions may not be answered in this thread by one of the crew, but if you're looking for the questions to be answered in a future LRRcast, you will need to repost them in the AskLRR thread (that James should be posting on Monday).
zA: How do I relax?
Evil Jim: Jerk off.
Frozengale: You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 12 Nov 2010, 19:19

I didn't notice Graham had answered my question until I listened to this.

Also, if you guys come back to Boston for sightseeing, I'd happily go up to show you around, or give you suggestions. Boston has a lot to see.
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
dex-dex
First Video: buttstallation
Location: Oakville ON (I need to stop leaving my Oakville on)

Postby dex-dex » 12 Nov 2010, 20:09

MY GOD! it is good to know that i am not alone by just laughing at other people's misfortunes on texts from last night!
iamafish
First Video: Crime and Punishment

Postby iamafish » 13 Nov 2010, 00:28

HerefordLRRMan wrote:If you guys want to visit a real rural bare city in england then come to hereford lol

why would you ever want to go to hereford?

I know how you feel re space. Having recently gone the other way; gone from the UK to Aus, there is so much space! It took 2 days to drive from Alice Springs to Darwin, that's about half of one state/territory. 8 hours from where i currently am to Sydney and back is a day trip. Roads in cities are all beg enough to be dual carriage ways. It's bussing scary!
Thoughts From a Fish Bowl<------ my blog...

My Twitter

iamafish never wrote:the male trouser snake is evidence that evolution has no sense of aesthetics
The Poorman

Postby The Poorman » 13 Nov 2010, 15:25

the amativeness wrote:

Please note that this is NOT a thread for AskLRR questions. This is a thread for discussion over this specific LRRcast.

That's not to say the questions may not be answered in this thread by one of the crew, but if you're looking for the questions to be answered in a future LRRcast, you will need to repost them in the AskLRR thread (that James should be posting on Monday).

Why thank you good sir. I hadn't realized that. I'll learn from this experience and hopefully never make this mistake again.
And as you stand tall, you will see, that when you fall, you fall from a height most men will never reach.
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 14 Nov 2010, 16:04

Listen guys; we know you're not going to be able to answer all the questions if there's three pages of them! Just do your best to answer what you can. We love you being able to get into and discuss and have tangents. If someone cares enough, they can always ask the next week.
Tally
First Video: 1337 rap

Postby Tally » 14 Nov 2010, 20:01

the Amativeness is right, there's a thread for this. But since I'm here I'll give you my answers:

1) I don't especially care about anime, except for some anime films. I used to dismiss the whole genre, then Jeremy showed me some really good anime films and I gained a strong appreciation for the skill and different (read: not the Western style I was used to from, say, Disney) style it presented. But as a whole, I am somewhat ambivalent towards anime. Mainly b/c I don't know a great deal about it.

2) I've listed these before, but I'll list them again. Here are 3 very good short story podcasts for 3 different genres. (Each week there's a new short story by a different author. Some by famous or well-known authors, some by new and/or unknown writers.)

Pseudopod (horror stories) http://pseudopod.org/
PodCastle (fantasy stories) http://podcastle.org/
Escape Pod (sci fi stories) http://escapepod.org/

Also, if you are interested in history at all, this podcast about the entire history of Rome is super good and super interesting (you can also download them all on iTunes):

http://thehistoryofrome.blogspot.com/

Jeremy (and probably several other people) could give you a fairly long list of gaming and game-related podcasts worth listening to.
Chuckles
First Video: Omni-Lingual

Postby Chuckles » 15 Nov 2010, 17:55

Someone asked what desktop pictures the crew were using, and it got me to thinking about what I actually look for in a background.

Color-wise, it doesn't matter much. I've had backgrounds that were almost completely black, and backgrounds that were almost completely white.

For the most part, I try to find backgrounds that are heavy on one side, so I can place my icons around it.

(Right now, I have an Ivan Flores picture. It's a girl with a wrench, holding a leash connected to a giant mech, in case you were wondering. It's this one. http://fc04.deviantart.net/fs24/f/2009/ ... 49384d.jpg)
"Flat beer or a lumpy mattress. Take your pick."
"I'd prefer a flat mattress."
"Hmm.. Well, it could be done.. If I take the lumps out of the mattress, and put them in the beer, you'd have a flat mattress and a lumpy beer!"
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 15 Nov 2010, 18:34

Since this podcast, my desktop has changed to this:

-m

I am not angry at you.
SONIC_WOLF
First Video: unskippable: eternal sonata

Postby SONIC_WOLF » 17 Nov 2010, 01:13

haha thats EPIC Matt
ThrashJazzAssassin
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby ThrashJazzAssassin » 17 Nov 2010, 03:25

Tally mentioned that some people thought Show Me Your Moves was too Halo-centric, and should have referenced a variety of games. I disagree; it's the standard Internet/Gamer Humour thing to run down a list of references to classic gaming franchises, current high-profile games or a mixture of the two. The trouble with that approach is that it is the standard approach, i.e. everyone uses it and it has no novelty value or distinctiveness.

One of the things that I thought made the sketch stand out was that there was no such attempt to throw in a bunch of references to loads of different games just for the sake of it; Jer and Kathleen were avid Halo players, so the gaming poses Jer demonstrated were Halo-themed, or at least FPS-themed. It made the sketch more believable and more distinct from the general mass of gaming-related comedy.
Gap Filler
First Video: The Job

Postby Gap Filler » 17 Nov 2010, 17:12

That is a boss desktop, Matt.
"In the neighbourhood of infinity; it was the time of the giant moths..."
The Poorman

Postby The Poorman » 27 Nov 2010, 15:56

Tally wrote:

the Amativeness is right, there's a thread for this. But since I'm here I'll give you my answers:

1) I don't especially care about anime, except for some anime films. I used to dismiss the whole genre, then Jeremy showed me some really good anime films and I gained a strong appreciation for the skill and different (read: not the Western style I was used to from, say, Disney) style it presented. But as a whole, I am somewhat ambivalent towards anime. Mainly b/c I don't know a great deal about it.

2) I've listed these before, but I'll list them again. Here are 3 very good short story podcasts for 3 different genres. (Each week there's a new short story by a different author. Some by famous or well-known authors, some by new and/or unknown writers.)

Pseudopod (horror stories) http://pseudopod.org/
PodCastle (fantasy stories) http://podcastle.org/
Escape Pod (sci fi stories) http://escapepod.org/

Also, if you are interested in history at all, this podcast about the entire history of Rome is super good and super interesting (you can also download them all on iTunes):

http://thehistoryofrome.blogspot.com/

Jeremy (and probably several other people) could give you a fairly long list of gaming and game-related podcasts worth listening to.

Why thank you very much. I appreciate the information and hope you have a happy holiday.
PerringtonDuck
First Video: 30 Minutes or Less

Postby PerringtonDuck » 20 Dec 2010, 00:59

Have I missed something or has there been a slight absence of podcasts recently? Just wondering where they'd gone to since Nov. 12th - not to suggest that we demand a new one or anything like that, since your are all too awesome to be put upon like that, I was merely curious as your podcasts are my primary listening on my iPod.

Merry Christmas!

PerringtonDuck
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 20 Dec 2010, 01:27

We fell HELLA behind thanks to Desert Bus, but we recorded both of them on Saturday. They'll be up soon.
BertZ
First Video: Not ENN or Unskip was Show me your moves

Postby BertZ » 20 Dec 2010, 09:28

Graham wrote:We fell HELLA behind thanks to Desert Bus, but we recorded both of them on Saturday. They'll be up soon.

is that soon "today" or soon "in the next few days" ?

Not that im complaining i just want to know so i can stop checking the site every few hours! :)
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 20 Dec 2010, 13:15

next few days.

-m

I am not angry at you.

Return to “LRRcast”