LRRcast for The First Wonder

Talk about this week's LRRcast and what you'd like to see in future ones.
James
LRR Crew

LRRcast for The First Wonder

Postby James » 22 Apr 2011, 09:40

This may be one of the finest podcasts ever recorded.
Listen and be the judge.
Vigafre
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Re: LRRcast for The First Wonder

Postby Vigafre » 22 Apr 2011, 10:52

Oh, so thinking that Paul's character in Boy Wonder was like All-Star Batman wasn't just a random thought? Awesome.
LackingSanity
First Video: One of the Unskippables, I think.

Postby LackingSanity » 22 Apr 2011, 14:28

Matt, were you thinking of Balderson cheddar? If so, I applaud your taste, that shit is delicious.

Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 22 Apr 2011, 14:41

LRRCon 2017 in Passadina is a reference to an old LRRCast question where the crew were asked in 2007 where they thought they would be in the future. Graham says it should be held there because of the Star Trek Convention and MAtt complained that LRRCon shouldn't be held there.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Trymantha
First Video: Watchmen Watching

Postby Trymantha » 22 Apr 2011, 15:04

King Kool's voice is still Awesome

also can we have more time to ask questions please, one thread closes way early, the next thread opens for 24 hours.
Ok, for the record im a Guy

||tumblr||twitter||
Jollyskull
First Video: 1337

Postby Jollyskull » 22 Apr 2011, 15:07

Curses Kathleen has an Oona a broken Card from Morningtide a creature I have wanted to find for a while.

I am horrified by Matts Answer to his M.F.K. question. :cry:

I also need to make Cyber-Paul from shadowrun because it sounds awesome and he will leap from tall buildings and decimating those that download books not from Library databases.

Yes, Terry Prachett can be interesting and amusing.

Beware the spider-lord who can wrap up his dissenter and feed them to his queen.

Kathleen, Murder of Ponies, and Cat Lady Avenger.

any ways first post on your forum so thanks.

Jollyskulls
therockdemon
First Video: just drive

Postby therockdemon » 22 Apr 2011, 15:15

just for clarification when graham responded to JOSHxUSEDxSPACExJUMP question he said he would go to chichester, guildford and in genral the north does he mean to imply that chichester and guildford is in the north or that he wants to go to the north of england as well as the south (which is where chichester, guildford and i are located)
Last night I was in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 22 Apr 2011, 15:20

Starting in the south (where I've been a lot, Chichester specifically), and then moving to the north, where I've never been.
VanHelsing23

Postby VanHelsing23 » 22 Apr 2011, 18:23

In response to Paul taking over Mexico: You have to get the complete North America, because then you get five extra men at the beginning of every turn!
War is hell.
Hell is other people.
Therefore, War is other people.
Tycherin
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby Tycherin » 22 Apr 2011, 21:25

I completely agree with Matt on the m/f/k question. It's not just the best answer, it's the only answer.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 22 Apr 2011, 21:32

I also have to agree with Matt, if only because Mechanophilia isn't that high up on my list of fetishes.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 22 Apr 2011, 21:47

The Mana Bar is in Brisbane where Yahtzee lives but there has been talk of opening another one.

In general the animals become more dangerous the further north you go in Australia and the further you go from a large city. So if you want to avoid dangerous creatures your best bets are likely Melbourne and Hobart. But if you go out in the bush be on your lookout for drop bears.

Where to go in Australia depends on what you want to see. If you like cities go to Melbourne and Sydney. If you want the tropics go to Queensland. If you want the stereotypical outback go Uluru (Ayers Rock), Alice Springs or Broken Hill. If you want something a bit more like Vancouver Island go to Tasmania.

I have to admit that apart from Melbourne where I live I have only been to the Grampians (a mountain range west of Melbourne), Hobart and the south east of Tasmania, and Byron Bay which is on the coast just south of the Queensland New South Wales border so I may not be the best person to ask about travelling around Australia.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
LackingSanity
First Video: One of the Unskippables, I think.

Postby LackingSanity » 22 Apr 2011, 22:45

Lord Chrusher wrote:But if you go out in the bush be on your lookout for drop bears.

There's no such thing as drop bears! Someone must've seen you coming, mate!
Preacher
First Video: The Job

Postby Preacher » 22 Apr 2011, 23:30

On coming to Australia, Melbourne has Funnel Web Spiders, and aggressive magpies.

Also, I completly forgot about the two new ones, I've now watch them three times each. Still jonesing for a phix
Do you guys mind. I'm trying to write an essay

Its probably not a good thing I feel the need to put a disclaimer after everything I say

This is a thing my and my friend run.
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 22 Apr 2011, 23:56

I was under the impression that the Funnel Webs in Sydney were much more dangerous.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
An Evil Herbivore
First Video: Worst Day Ever

Postby An Evil Herbivore » 23 Apr 2011, 02:11

The age discussion amused me, seeing as how I was born in 1992 and I am currently 18.

I had the interesting experience of receiving very strange looks the first time my birth date came up in my very first college class several months ago(I forget why it came up). I was forced to count out the number of years from then until now to the majority of the class. As it turns out, the number was 18.
I have changed my name like 3 times on this forum. Guess who I am!
Yoshi_Gal
First Video: Unskippable 01. On The Escapist.

Postby Yoshi_Gal » 23 Apr 2011, 07:36

Canberra is pretty safe regarding spiders and other types of killer animals. We do have a fair few kangaroos though, which can often venture into the suburbs when the weather is right, and if you upset the male ones they will beat the shit out of you. But thats really very rare.

In fact, Canberra is pretty safe full stop.

Yeah, I too thought the age thing was quite funny, also being born in 1992 and currently 18. Especially since I look so young, I still get I.D. checks for MA15+ movies.

I thought Kathleen's response to the hair question was both very funny and informative, now I know how to not make the bathroom look like a My Little Pony nightmare if I dye my hair in the future!

And one more thing, I almost died of excitement when they got to my question, and then of embarrassment because of all the wrong-ness in my questions. BUT HEY YOU HAVE TO ASK OR ELSE HOW WILL YOU KNOW?

Still, while sitting at my computer listening I did go bright red and had butterflies in my stomach from being so embarrassed. /fangirlsqueal I JUST THINK THEY'RE SO AMAZINGLY COOL AND ALL OMG.
I don't have a lot of friends, just my fans. And they are all I need.
the amativeness
Location: America, where everyone sues everyone, always, for everything.

Postby the amativeness » 23 Apr 2011, 13:17

FYI, as per Phailhaus 29: Kathleen's laptop ate it.
zA: How do I relax?
Evil Jim: Jerk off.
Frozengale: You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.
Gap Filler
First Video: The Job

Postby Gap Filler » 23 Apr 2011, 15:40

New LRRcast get. Yay! In light of the crew's answers to the age question I feel kind of embarrassed moaning about getting old all the time despite the fact that I'll only turn 25 this year. Perspectives I suppose.

I'm aware of Kathleen's warmth problems but, if she, Graham and Alex do indeed live that close to the office, I've gotta agree with Matt's portal assessment; that's a terrible waste. Unrelated, fully agree with Matt's mfk choices.

Hm... Matt Wiggins: casual autophile? Or is Optimus Prime an automotive instance of Even the Guys Want Him? Those are questions which I can't help but dwell on. Damn.

Trymantha wrote:also can we have more time to ask questions please, one thread closes way early, the next thread opens for 24 hours.

I appreciate the principle behind this but, given that generally people manage to fill two pages (and over an hour's worth of podcast) with questions in that time span, I'm not sure leaving the threads open longer is the best idea in the world. Hell, the podcasts get fairly hefty even on just impromptu Twitter and Facebook contributions. I'm sure this is a minority view, though.
"In the neighbourhood of infinity; it was the time of the giant moths..."
Trymantha
First Video: Watchmen Watching

Postby Trymantha » 23 Apr 2011, 16:06

Gap Filler wrote:
Trymantha wrote:also can we have more time to ask questions please, one thread closes way early, the next thread opens for 24 hours.

I appreciate the principle behind this but, given that generally people manage to fill two pages (and over an hour's worth of podcast) with questions in that time span, I'm not sure leaving the threads open longer is the best idea in the world. Hell, the podcasts get fairly hefty even on just impromptu Twitter and Facebook contributions. I'm sure this is a minority view, though.

yeah bit there is a couple of questions im wanting to ask and the last 3 podcasts questions have been Twitter(cause of no thread 20 min window) closed 5 days early, open for around 24 hours.
Ok, for the record im a Guy

||tumblr||twitter||
PlasmaCow
First Video: Desert Bus 4 / The Job

Postby PlasmaCow » 23 Apr 2011, 16:23

The apple thing in cH stood out for me because when watching DB4 I saw you guys do the "cH s1 in 5 minutes" during which graham produced an "apple", quoted the line from the end of the 2nd episode and then said "no-one's gonna get this joke", so when I actually watched cH for myself I was perhaps kind of not thinking properly about it, just assuming it was some kind of secret in-joke, or deliberately in there as "cH Graham" making an incomprehensible joke.

That's my explanation and I'm sticking to it! =P
SPACExJUMPxJOSH
First Video: loading ready rap

Postby SPACExJUMPxJOSH » 23 Apr 2011, 16:51

ah ha KATHLEEN?? 2 bushles :')
I AM LRR! RULER OF THE PLANET OMACRON PERCEI 8!
the_lone_bard
First Video: Black box...i think.

Postby the_lone_bard » 24 Apr 2011, 07:10

As for the aussie thing. I also live in melbourne, So come here. Sure you have to walk everywhere or take public transport as getting through the city while the sun is up is akin to climbing a mountain with no legs, but otherwise it's better than the rest!
Also, i have a general rule for australia: If it's an animal, and you're in australia, don't go near it. No matter how cute or small or hurt it is, kangaroo's will rip your intestines out, koala's will shred your face, platypus are poisonous, every spider is deadly, every snake is deadly, half the fish are deadly... Just don't touch the animals. And on the bright side, No bears!

Also you can still come to melbourne and experience the outback, i've had to drive from melbourne to denilliquin (Middle of nowhere border of nsw) and then sydney, and like 9 hours of that drive looked like a desert, occasionally broken up by locusts.

Also putting my hand up as being born in '92, Though i've been buying smokes and going into the pub to play poker for the last 2 years due to growing a full beard at the age of 15.
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/lone.bard
MsN: Thelonebard@live.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheLoneBard
Twitter: Thelonebard

I'm mean because you're stupid.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 24 Apr 2011, 16:30

If we leave the threads open for too long, they get too long to answer and we feel bad :(

I'm sorry if anyone's missed out, but we try to leave them open for a decent chunk of time.
Chuckles
First Video: Omni-Lingual

Postby Chuckles » 26 Apr 2011, 10:15

King Kool wrote:"For all I know, they just spin a big wheel and you get a kid."

Had to pause the KoolKast to finish laughing that one off.

WHEEL. OF. CHILDRENS.
"Flat beer or a lumpy mattress. Take your pick."
"I'd prefer a flat mattress."
"Hmm.. Well, it could be done.. If I take the lumps out of the mattress, and put them in the beer, you'd have a flat mattress and a lumpy beer!"

Return to “LRRcast”