AskLRR - Closes June 4th

Talk about this week's LRRcast and what you'd like to see in future ones.
James
LRR Crew

AskLRR - Closes June 4th

Postby James » 03 Jun 2011, 10:37

Ask away peoples.
Yaxley
First Video: Lock Out

Re: AskLRR - Closes June 4th

Postby Yaxley » 03 Jun 2011, 10:41

What is the current state of the Canada Post strike and what impact do you expect this to have on merch sales?
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 03 Jun 2011, 11:36

If the forum members (using their names or avatars as reference) were pokemon:
Which member would you choose as your faithful companion?
What type would they be? (Fire, Ice, Water, Grass etc)
Their four attacks?
What would you abuse the use of your LRReMON in the real world for?

Example:
Wraith could equal a fighter type (Machamp). Using Strength, Mean Look, Mach Punch and Stomp.
Wraith could equal a Ghost/Poison type (Ghastly). Using Spite, Kinesis, Poison Gas, Shadow Ball.

Note: LAVOS is a legendary so you can't pick him.
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
religionman
First Video: Man Cooking - Swiss Meat Roll

Postby religionman » 03 Jun 2011, 11:52

Long time stalker, first time poster, Got a couple of questions for you:
1) Is Feed Dump going to replace the Phailhous completely, or will we still see the occasional Phailhaus on its regular update schedule (whenever)?
2) Since its one of your largest running gags, spanning from ENN to CHustle and presumably CheckPoint, would you ever consider making Sirfragsalot.com an actively updating website, sort of like a Checkpoint article and review site, but far more bitter and jaded?
Drdiggit42
First Video: Bagel Time

Postby Drdiggit42 » 03 Jun 2011, 12:06

Okay after watching/listening to paul talk about Bioshock 2 I decided it was time to play Bioshock 1&2. After beating Bioshock I asked my friend if the game seemed to be making fun of ayn rand and her book Atlas shrugged which we just read in English. He said that was probably intentional. So here are my questions.
1. Have any of you read atlas shrugged or any of Ayn Rands other books based on her pseudo-philosophy Objectivism?(like the fountainhead)
2. Have you ever heard of the pseudo-philosophy called objectivism?
3.If yes to either above, did you notice the reference?
All problems can be solved by trebuchets and/or fire.

When you're a pessimist there are only good surprises.

Steam ID - DrDiggit42(Currently: Indignity: ■■■■■) Add me if you like.
Steamcastle
First Video: commodoreHUSTLE 11 - Showdown

Postby Steamcastle » 03 Jun 2011, 12:06

some of the LRR crew has over the years been typecast. e.g. James is the cop, jer is a ninja, Kathleeen is the eccentric catlady, and Paul is the dead body.

What what is some other crews typecast, and other type of the aforementioned crew.

also what would People like to be typecast as? if they had to be typecast as something.

sorry for my dyslexia.
therockdemon
First Video: just drive

Postby therockdemon » 03 Jun 2011, 12:09

if you could get anyone to be a guest in one of your videos who would you want and what kind of role would you give them
Last night I was in bed looking up at the stars in the sky and I thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling.
kodra
First Video: Unskippable - Eternal Sonata

Postby kodra » 03 Jun 2011, 12:30

What current/recent events do you guys become most passionate about?

Do you feel like we are living in the future now?
If so, what piece of technology do you feel most contributes to our future-ness?

If you could engineer your body to perceive physical attributes in a different way, what would you want? (IE: See flavor, taste color, hear temperature, feel sound)

For Jeremy: Why do you Cheliaxians hate freedom so much? Signed, Kodra of Andoren
Last edited by kodra on 04 Jun 2011, 08:07, edited 1 time in total.
Is a big fan of Panic! at the Disco
Fiver
First Video: Bros clubbing bros

Postby Fiver » 03 Jun 2011, 12:47

Is there a name for the style/type of jacket Jer is wearing in the early episodes of Commodore Hustle? I want one.
Ollie, don'tcha know!
First Video: Bagel Time

Postby Ollie, don'tcha know! » 03 Jun 2011, 13:32

Hello! Several questions:

Do most of your video ideas come from flashes of inspiration or from sitting down at a desk and thinking 'Ok, I'ma write a video now'?

Favourite Magic: The Gathering set and why?

Favourite Magic: The Gathering block-specific mechanic (e.g. Metalcraft, Landfall) and why?

Thank you for being awesome.
I think this place is full of spies. I think they're onto me.
Gap Filler
First Video: The Job

Postby Gap Filler » 03 Jun 2011, 14:13

How black, dry & surreal would you call your sense of humour (both as consumers and producers of comedy)?
Where are the limits of comedy? That's kind of vague so let's explore it a little. So:

Comedy = Tragedy - Sympathy

This equation was derived from an old John Cleese quote; where for you does comedy end and tragedy begin?
In a similar vein, how dark does comedy get before it becomes horror?
How dry or surreal does comedy get, or how heavy handed the soapboxing, before it becomes performance art or something else?
"In the neighbourhood of infinity; it was the time of the giant moths..."
connall
First Video: Paper Boy

Postby connall » 03 Jun 2011, 14:40

First time question asker, so here we go!

LoadingReadyRun Questions (Sort of).

1. @Kathleen: Back on the bed buggery podcast (I think.) I could have sworn you were talking about nearly finishing the new "Mercenary solution." Or at the least you were drafting it, so where did it go?
2. What has been the biggest disappointed in gaming? As in a game that showed potential, was looking good, but then when you got the game it sucked. X-Com is starting to move up there, with the new trailer.
3. Is it me or is Obsidian a terrible developer? Honest Hearts DLC to me was just terrible, and didn't seem at all polished, or that any care was put into it.
4.In one word describe the person to your right.

Magic The Gathering

After so much talk about it on the podcast, I decided to check it out. I got myself a free deck from a card shop here in the UK, but there seems to be no games going on nearby, so I gave up on collecting cards. Instead I turned to Magic the gathering online after hearing about it on one of your podcasts (again) and now I am hooked so here are my questions.

1. Any tips for a new player?
2. What was your first experience with magic the gathering?
3. I have spent 50 pounds on cards in a week, what was the highest you spent on magic the gathering in one week.

Thanks guys, was awesome asking. Might ask again with a shorter reply. Keep making the awesome podcast. :)
Last edited by connall on 03 Jun 2011, 14:42, edited 1 time in total.
"The way you say it is (Con) as in conman and (all) Connall!
reptile

Postby reptile » 03 Jun 2011, 14:41

Will there be more Crapshots, or are you too busy with your other series?

What about Things on Paul's Head?
Danzama
First Video: Wireless

Postby Danzama » 03 Jun 2011, 14:46

I need a machine for college that is light, fun and can take notes and video.
What would you suggest?

what would you like to do with the forums? (like changes)

If you were a MtG card, what would you do and what would the art be?
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 03 Jun 2011, 14:47

Why am I so awesome?
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Gap Filler

Postby Gap Filler » 03 Jun 2011, 15:08

What's funnier, making the epic mundane or the mundane epic?
--
Do you favour a Brechtian approach or an Artaudian approach?
--
Apart from the heavy meta, how post modern are you willing to play things?
"In the neighbourhood of infinity; it was the time of the giant moths..."
JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

Postby JackSlack » 03 Jun 2011, 15:24

If this is five...

... and this is one....

What's this?

(PS. FINALLY! Thanks to video podcasts, I can ask this important question!)
JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

Postby JackSlack » 03 Jun 2011, 15:27

Oh! And a serious one. I'm planning a holiday next year; what would be a good still/video camera, small but with good picture quality? What would you recommend for taking vacation pictures and video?
Trymantha
First Video: Watchmen Watching

Postby Trymantha » 03 Jun 2011, 18:11

w00t after at least 3 months of trying I finally get to this thread while it is still open so quite a few questions.

1. Quite a while ago I asked about my forum name and how people always think im a girl, because of your answers Ive added a sig to this account how ever this isnt that effective with people still being surprised after this long, got any other advice to help people know that im not a girl?

2. How come your behind the scenes videos are on reviwer rather than youtube?(constant 40 second ads arnt fun)

3.Regarding Ca$h Cats,how many people do you think would buy team matt shirts?(I for one would)

4. Not really questions but hey, Yay more cam <3 and grats to graham for getting on the community cup team.

5. How many times have I edited this post when you get to these(first time atm)?

6. How many games from unskippable has Paul gone on to play?

7. In Columbus of the internet, the scene when Kathleen walks back in half way through was Cam grabbing a cushion and placing it on his lap purposeful?

Questions specifically for Alex if he is present.

8. Magic(not the cardgame) question for Alex you seem quite a capable magician how did you learn? because it is also a skill i would like to pick up.

9. (though this is about the card game)Alex you mentioned on the desertbus chat room a couple of days ago you were planning a cube(im in the process of planning a shpere), would it be for 1v1 or multi-player madness games? also mind sharing your plans?
Last edited by Trymantha on 03 Jun 2011, 18:35, edited 8 times in total.
Ok, for the record im a Guy

||tumblr||twitter||
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 03 Jun 2011, 18:11

Is the distinction between "Loading Time" and "On The Run" that Loading Time's are attempts to demonstrate the process in making a video, and OTR is a slice of what happens while making videos? I thought it was primarily length until the latest one.

Does Desert Bus 5 have a subtitle yet?

Have you ever met someone who insisted that you knew each other, but you had no memory of them? (Not LRR fans, but people who claim to have known you at some point in the past and remembered you, but you have no recollection of them. As an identical twin, this happened to me a few times)?

Have you been tempted to do a sketch in one long shot moving throughout an environment, having someone behind the scenes surreptitiously move Spot around the background while he's off-camera, like those angels in Blink?
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
Nanosauromo
First Video: Unskippable - Eternal Sonata

Postby Nanosauromo » 03 Jun 2011, 18:44

-Feed Dump is pretty much the same thing as the Phailhaüs, so why not just call it the Phailhaüs instead of Feed Dump?
-On that note, will the Word of the Day, Day of the Day, etc. be making an appearance in Feed Dump?
-Graham: How were you selected to be part of the Magic Online community cup? What sort of deck/strategy are you planning on using, if you're allowed to talk talk about that?
Seravin
First Video: Pillow Fight '07

Postby Seravin » 03 Jun 2011, 19:02

For videos like Ransom where it can be difficult getting into a location where you planned on shooting, do you have backup locations ready, or do you have to scrap the shoot until you can access that location again?

From my extremely limited knowledge of high-speed cameras, it looked like the camera you used for daily drop and the camera that the Mythbusters used in their "Dodging a bullet" episode were similar if not the same. How does this make you feel?

Do you still have anything on the escapecraft minecraft server? And if so, where might I find it?

Also, how are you liking the 1.6 update?
newO
First Video: How to LRR

Postby newO » 03 Jun 2011, 19:20

Hey Guys!

Longtime fan, and unfortunately long time lurker, but heck, I finally caught this thread so I decided to join!

Okay, well I guess you could say I'm a band geek, and in one video, i think it was "Ways to wake up" or something along those lines, a few of you were attempting to coax Paul out of sleep with instruments, so that leads me to my first question:

1. Do any of you have any musical background and/or unsung talent? How'd you like band in high school if you were in it? Marching Band perhaps? And, I know its a stretch, and if you haven't heard of it, just skip this part, have any of you guys heard of the Drum Corps International? (Basically professional marching band, :) huge band geek remember!)

2. Also, I know, or at least I think I know Graham is a big Bethesda fan, so I wanted to know if he was as psyched about Skyrim as I am?

3. Okay, last one, getting theorectical here, but lets say you guys keep going for a LONG time LRR-wise. I mean 20-years long or longer, are you guys going to keep doing this the same way forever? Cause when I'm seventy I better damn well get my weekly supply of LRR or I'll probably keel. What I'm asking is, as you guys age, might you have to change your humor or hire younger actors to please the ever-younger masses, or will you stay true to your roots? (Remember, I'm talking geezer-old, and I know none of you are anywhere near that!)

I know those were some weird questions, but if you even read them, that would be pretty cool to me! Thanks for being so gosh-darn awesome! :D
Preacher

Postby Preacher » 03 Jun 2011, 19:32

For Ransom, Is there any plans to have Matt's and Graham's character return?
Do you guys mind. I'm trying to write an essay

Its probably not a good thing I feel the need to put a disclaimer after everything I say

This is a thing my and my friend run.
DissonantNight
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Postby DissonantNight » 03 Jun 2011, 19:57

If you could go back and reshoot/rewrite one video, which one would you choose?

Return to “LRRcast”