AskLRR - Closes June 4th

Talk about this week's LRRcast and what you'd like to see in future ones.
nicholasmc1
First Video: The Job

Re: AskLRR - Closes June 4th

Postby nicholasmc1 » 03 Jun 2011, 20:59

Does LRR plan to visit Australia in the future?, if not, why not? I have a huge place on the beach, morgan/alex are always welcome to show me their man cooking skills in person.
8bitmaster
First Video: Forget about it

Postby 8bitmaster » 03 Jun 2011, 23:31

finally caught it when its open.

first off, hi everybody!
drr lrr
what is the best avatar you have seen on these forums? (other lrr members don't count)

for multiplayer games for playing with friends you know in real life, do you prefer split screen, 2 networked consoles in a single room, or just over internet using mics?

with e3 news just starting, what are you most looking forward to?
not including portal 2 (cause everyone loves portal 2) what is your favorite game of this past release quarter?

fighting games! With most of the series rebooting or just continuing, what is your favorite? (soul calibur, street fighter, marvel vs capcom, mortal kombat)?

how often do you find yourselves playing online with or against fans in any said game?

thank you for your time.
Doing whatever, whenever, whoever.
PSN: themanwithaname
Steam: demonboy100
Twitter: @8bitmaster
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/8bitmaster
Chipton
First Video: Desert Bus One

Postby Chipton » 03 Jun 2011, 23:53

Just a quick one.

How come LRR doesn't use a embedded flash audio player for podcasts, like the Nerdist podcast site, or Blue Plz or any number of other podcast sites?
Gap Filler

Postby Gap Filler » 04 Jun 2011, 00:10

Do you believe art should carry an air of mystery?
What is your opinion on Roland Barthes' 'death of the author' theory?
Where do you stand on copyright?
--
How strongly do you value your independence, both as a business and as artists?
"In the neighbourhood of infinity; it was the time of the giant moths..."
The Architect
First Video: Unskippable

Postby The Architect » 04 Jun 2011, 00:40

I know you've temporarily set aside scripts for being too difficult to shoot, too long to shoot, etc, etc, but have you ever totally abandoned a completed script for being not what you want to make?

Is there any member of the crew that hasn't written a script or provided the basic idea/premise for a script?

What Miracles must occur to get Dale and Andy in a video together?

This is more a "Those Games You Play" than an AskLRR, but... Frozen Synapse, anyone played it? Yay or Nay?
Gap Filler

Postby Gap Filler » 04 Jun 2011, 01:15

How much raw footage goes into the average video? What about pre and post production time? This is based on recently reading up on how for the average Hollywood blockbuster days of shooting might yield just minutes (if that) of footage for the finished film, with similar ratios for television and even indie productions. The ratios for pre and post time (vis-à-vis time in and out) are apparently even higher.
--
Do you prefer a rigidly composed script or improvisation?
--
To what degree are you willing to suffer for your art?
What's the most autobiographical video you've ever done, in the sense of chronicling (and perhaps analysing) an intense personal experience rather than in the sense of merely documenting something that happened?
--
Do you favour topicality or abstraction and universal themes?
"In the neighbourhood of infinity; it was the time of the giant moths..."
KoizoM
First Video: 3 PS3s

Postby KoizoM » 04 Jun 2011, 01:42

!This is not to slander the quality of your work!

In The Whole Story: Spam throughout the video there is a slight handling noise from the boom, most notably after the 2 minute mark. As an aspiring audio technician, this bugs me. Was it just too much work to reshoot the bit with the worst noise or did you just go "meh, leave it".
fieryShaman
First Video: Informational Presentation

Postby fieryShaman » 04 Jun 2011, 02:48

In the opinions of all LRR Crew present...

Would Matt step on a mango wearing hob-nailed boots for a million dollars?

Just curious...

thanks for humoring me!
fieryShaman
RLYoshi
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby RLYoshi » 04 Jun 2011, 05:14

On the LoadingReadyWiki page for your newest video, "Ransom", it's stated that this is the third time you guys have assisted in someone proposing. One other such example was after the stinger of "Hot Water At Pax". "Hot Water At Pax" doesn't have a stinger - it cuts off right after the credits. Could you please explain what the correct video is, and furthermore, why that video doesn't have a stinger?

Also, a question about Minecraft. Not sure if this has been asked yet, but for all of you who play it (and, if you want, those who don't play it), what is your opinion on the Herobrine hoax? Furthermore, if Herobrine was real and you met him in-game, what would your reaction be?
I fight for TRUTH! JUSTICE! And DONUTS!

...not really the first two.
EnigmaHarper
First Video: Omni-Lingual

Postby EnigmaHarper » 04 Jun 2011, 05:35

On the topic of proposals... would any of the crew use the video for a proposal themselves?
Anyone: Would you kindly <insert request> ?
Me: Great, now I can't refuse.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 04 Jun 2011, 05:38

RLYoshi wrote:On the LoadingReadyWiki page for your newest video, "Ransom", it's stated that this is the third time you guys have assisted in someone proposing. One other such example was after the stinger of "Hot Water At Pax". "Hot Water At Pax" doesn't have a stinger - it cuts off right after the credits. Could you please explain what the correct video is, and furthermore, why that video doesn't have a stinger?

As I believe is explained in the thread for that video, the stinger for Hot Water At PAX was Wraith's proposal to Siobhan, however the crew took it down after a few days, as they didn't feel it was proper to leave it attached to the video forever.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
SecretsOfMoon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby SecretsOfMoon » 04 Jun 2011, 05:52

Here's a question:

It's the summer of love, 1969, and the crew are at Woodstock, what acts are each of you most looking forward to seeing? To help you answer, here's a handy list of performers: List of performing artists, courtesy of Wikipedia.

Cheers.
I am the bearer of Sitra Ahra, the one who stands at the gates of Qliphoth, I am Maskim Xul.
4861696c20536174616e21
Depressive Realism Now!
SPACExJUMPxJOSH
First Video: loading ready rap

Postby SPACExJUMPxJOSH » 04 Jun 2011, 06:03

hey guys, do any of you enjoy fixing/building pc's? if so what is your favorite part of the endevor? (mine is being told everything which is wrong with it and wondering how the hell they broke it in the first place XD)

also what is your favorite brand of componants? ram/processor/graphics etc :P cheers
I AM LRR! RULER OF THE PLANET OMACRON PERCEI 8!
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 04 Jun 2011, 06:59

It's my 21st birthday in ten days, so I'm curious: How did the crew celebrate their 21sts and how do they see birthdays in general now?
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
AC Drawings
First Video: Hot Water at PAX

Postby AC Drawings » 04 Jun 2011, 07:42

Oh my god, I've been trying to catch the AskLRR forever but it's always closed at the worst possible second! Oh wait, right, question! Dangit so much waiting and no question... AH HAH! I have a few!

1) What do you guys think of this picture? Looks close enough? Any suggestions?

2) So I recently wrote a thing about women and geekery, long story short, do you think that there are far more women interested in anime and manga than any other form of geekery (Magic, Vid Games, comics, etc.). Why do you think so or so not?
LackingSanity
First Video: One of the Unskippables, I think.

Postby LackingSanity » 04 Jun 2011, 09:40

Have any of you ever had Saure Johannesbeeren? I've only ever seen them at one store. If you haven't, I'm definitely going to bring some to PAX or something because these candies are amazing.
Nirvana
First Video: Unskippable 01 - Lost Planet

Postby Nirvana » 04 Jun 2011, 10:41

For someone who came to the party a little late (I started watching LRR around late '09/early '10) I saw a lot of the running joke 'In England'. But it seems to have disappeared, even in episodes where it could have worked. Did everyone there just get sick of it?

Also, I will be at the Calgary Expo coming up in a few weeks, so I look forward to seeing you there!
Check out my weekly WWE RAW reviews at http://www.RingsideAcademy.com
RLYoshi
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby RLYoshi » 04 Jun 2011, 11:20

I don't think I've heard you guys talk a lot about the Nintendo 3DS (I don't watch TGwP), so can I get your respective opinions about it, or at least a reference to whatever TGwP where you talked about it if one exists?

Also, I noticed the overlay text thing at the top of the vidcasts is pretty much the exact same as the one used in Desert Bus For Hope 4 (maybe also used elsewhere, but that's the only other time I saw it). Is this just the way you like to have it look, or does the program automatically set it to that? On that topic, what program do you use to make the overlay text thing?

Lastly, if you were to write an autobiography (for your respective selves, not the site), what would you title it?
I fight for TRUTH! JUSTICE! And DONUTS!

...not really the first two.
semysane
First Video: Unskippable: Star Ocean: The Last Hope

Postby semysane » 04 Jun 2011, 11:39

If you could have any one perk from Fallout 3 in real life, what would it be and why?

Personally, I would choose Mysterious Stranger. How helpful would it be to have someone show up and kill your foes for you now and then?
Phevnil
First Video: cH- Laundry

Postby Phevnil » 04 Jun 2011, 11:42

Anyone care to take a moment and fondly recall Earthbound with me?

Return to “LRRcast”