LRRcast for Interrupted Garage

Talk about this week's LRRcast and what you'd like to see in future ones.
Shadows606
First Video: Unskippable: Star Ocean: The Last Hope

Re: LRRcast for Interrupted Garage

Postby Shadows606 » 15 Jul 2011, 08:35

Dark_Watcher wrote:One I've been thinking of is one called Order and Chaos (or balance and imbalance), in which cards gain certain effects based on all players health, with Order effects activating when all health is the same and Chaos effects activating when at least one player's health is higher or lower than the rest.
Another one I thought of after you mentioned the "Don't get mana-screwed one" would be called Fair Play. These would be cards that would be cheap to cost, and in some cases affect all players, but require a difference in numbers in order to be activated.

Those are both really interesting ideas, I really like the order and chaos one. Although i could see it easily abused in larger multiplayer games since a simple burn takes the game out of order. so maybe if there is a difference of 5-10 life between the top life amount and the bottom it would make the order effect more useful.
Once you feel your loosing your mind, it's more than likely you already lost it.
pokute
First Video: Phailhaüs

Postby pokute » 15 Jul 2011, 21:18

Can you guys put a towel or soft padding under the mic stand so it dampens the bass transfer from the table?
Elomin Sha
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Elomin Sha » 16 Jul 2011, 04:24

Shouldn't Toast's posts have no text?
The most unique, nicest, and confusing individual you will get to know. Don't be stupid around me, that's my job.
https://displate.com/elominsha/galleries
If you need art, I take commissions, PM me.
Shadows606
First Video: Unskippable: Star Ocean: The Last Hope

Postby Shadows606 » 16 Jul 2011, 05:26

You've got a point, but in the video he does get some message across you just don't see him speak. A lack of lips helps with that.
Once you feel your loosing your mind, it's more than likely you already lost it.
WAYF
First Video: Unskippable: The Getaway

Postby WAYF » 18 Jul 2011, 03:17

Although Toast WAS able to sign a document (albeit with a few crumbs messing it up), so it's not unreasonable that Toast should also be able to type.

I don't know a lot of music, but I have very strong opinions on what I do know, so I'll just say that disagree with Kathleen about Coldplay and Every Teardrop is a Waterfall, but I do think that they shouldn't move too far in that direction. Maybe rein in the synths a bit.
(Also the other songs which were released alongside ETIAW are well worth checking out)
"My favourite song is 'Girl Panic!'... because girls make me panic... in a good way!"
- Simon Le Bon.
kodra
First Video: Unskippable - Eternal Sonata

Postby kodra » 18 Jul 2011, 07:57

There are actually a lot of "Don't get mana screwed" mechanics. The problem is that in order to be balanced those cards have to be weakened to the point that they pretty much never see constructed play.

Anything with plains-, island-, forest-, mountain-, swamp-, basic landcycling are awesome at preventing getting mana screwed, but they tempo down your deck (spending turn 2 fetching a land and dumping a card from hand) in order to solidify your mana base is typically a sketchy move in constructed.

The real balance they add is the mulligan, and knowing when and when not to use it.
Is a big fan of Panic! at the Disco
Avistew
First Video: Can't remember

Postby Avistew » 02 Oct 2011, 06:16

Fun fact: while in the US the caduceus is a term only use for Hermes's rod, and that's the one that's used to represent medicine, in Europe Asclepius's rod is used, but is also referred to as a caduceus, in French at least.
Basically the word became a synonym for "staff that represents something/people".

For instance here is the caduceus used for doctors, in red, and then the one used by pharmacists in green (the latter is referred to as Hygia's caduceus, even though it's not even a staff at all anymore).

Image Image

EDIT:

So, I found out there is also one for people who make hearing aids:

and one for midwives:

At this point it seems like there is material for a script of some sort. I mean it's kind of ridiculous. Do they have a snake-related symbol for every medical profession? I wonder if the pediatrician one has a baby snake. Or a snake around a baby. And what about gynecologists, is it around a IUD or something? Do they have a snake around a snake for snake veterinarians?
Check out my webcomic, The Meddlers! (Currently not updating)
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 02 Oct 2011, 06:53

Avistew wrote:
and one for midwives:

:shock:

Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
Avistew
First Video: Can't remember

Postby Avistew » 02 Oct 2011, 09:18

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if they used that symbol for Phyrexia because it's close to the Greek letter Phi.

But it's not really the same. The midwife symbol seems to be a snake on a belly or something, while the phi/phyrexia symbol goes through the circle.

But yeah, the more you stylise stuff, the more likely you are to have it look like something else.
Check out my webcomic, The Meddlers! (Currently not updating)

Return to “LRRcast”