AskLRR - Closes SOON!!!!

Talk about this week's LRRcast and what you'd like to see in future ones.
uchristensen
First Video: I think it was "Wireless"

Re: AskLRR - Closes SOON!!!!

Postby uchristensen » 25 Feb 2012, 11:54

Question for Paul: Being a programmer myself, what is your programming background?

After watching the first Friday Nights episode and then proceeding to watch your Live Draft on Twitch, a look at the Graham's T-shirt with the phases got me thinking that the episode titles may be the different game phases, given that the first episode was "Untap". The idea breaks down due to there being only 4 episodes, and one episode is not enough to actually establish a pattern. It may too early discuss, but will the episodes follow such a pattern, while essentially introducing a player through a series of lessons?

Reading a recent AskLRR thread, Graham provided a closing statement that he was typing the message during the recording, and it was with great joy that I watched Graham actually typing it 1-2 weeks later. I had not expected it to be so explicit though, but knowing made me laugh out loud.
Ulrich Christensen
ArxAeon
First Video: 1337

Postby ArxAeon » 25 Feb 2012, 12:02

Hey guys long time watcher, first time poster. I remember Graham once talking about his long list of commodore 64 songs and I was wondering how you guys get permission to use their songs.
RedNightmare
First Video: The Job

Postby RedNightmare » 25 Feb 2012, 12:15

Dear LRR crew, Love all your great comedy work. Three random questions:
- Has anyone in the crew ever had an Warhammer 40.000 army and if so what faction?
- Do any of you read the webcomic Dr. McNinja and if so, what do you think of it?
- Concerning the wailing Banshee from Break-Up: How well could you hear what the person underneath the makeshift pantyhose mask was saying? I ask because we are going to preform the play "Mort" based on the Terry Pratchet book and we still haven't decided on how to do The Death's face.
Last edited by RedNightmare on 25 Feb 2012, 12:18, edited 1 time in total.
"I wouldn't call myself an evil genius. Simply genius will suffice."

http://www.twitch.tv/rednightmare7

Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 25 Feb 2012, 12:18

This is more of a tgwp question but, Do you have any games that you just default back to over and over again? For example I have had Star Control 2 installed on every computer I have owned since '92 and played it through dozens of times.

Follow up, has anyone ever played Star Control 2 and if not would you?
Free open source Port blessed by the creators available: http://sc2.sourceforge.net/
Last edited by Lord Hosk on 25 Feb 2012, 13:00, edited 1 time in total.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
The Mimm
First Video: Omnilingual

Postby The Mimm » 25 Feb 2012, 12:19

Dear LRR- or, "dlrr"

I have finally gotten an N64 emulator to work on my computer and am making steady inroads into Majora's Mask. Therefore I ask; if you could have a mask that would do anything, what would it do?
Life's like a movie, write your own ending,
Keep believing, keep pretending
JayBlanc
First Video: That thing with the thing and that stuff

Postby JayBlanc » 25 Feb 2012, 12:21

Do you use any special script writing software?

(I use Scrivener because it's a fraction of the cost of Final Draft)
phalar reign
First Video: ways to

Postby phalar reign » 25 Feb 2012, 12:34

Dear LRR,

What do you have against my beautifull, flat, cheesy, pothead country?

greetings,

A Dutchie

P.s. The live magic drafting is great. But with the 10 hour time difference almost impossible for me to watch live.
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 25 Feb 2012, 12:37

Posting mobile from the Philadelphia museum of art! What is your favorite atist or art style? (I'm here seeing a Van Gogh exhibit!)

More topical question, if you haven't already discussed it, could you talk a little bit about the video Cruising and the writing process you went through? I mentioned it in the thread but I thought Graham did a remarkable job of being funny without being disparaging, something that seems very rare (and I really appreciated it. <3). If this is the wrong podcast for this just disregard it.

PS Friday Nights is great!
Pigmy Wurm

Postby Pigmy Wurm » 25 Feb 2012, 12:43

What is your favorite alternate win condition in magic?

What do you think is the best thing to do when you are with a group of people who mostly don't play magic and another person starts talking to you about it? The same question can be applied to video games, TV shows or other geeky stuff as well.

Inspired by the Dante's Inferno GPLP, when you're playing a game where you can power up different abilities do you tend towards focusing only one one or two abilities, or do you try to make the character more balanced?
Sinkirby
First Video: Unskippable 1

Postby Sinkirby » 25 Feb 2012, 12:49

Dear Kathleen, Paul, and Alex. I was just looking through my friends on PSN and noticed that you guys haven't used yours in like six months. They sit there at the bottom of my friends list all sad and stuff. Do you guys use different names then (your name)_LRR or do you just not play PS3 anymore? If the former holds true, what might they be, if I may be so bold?
Jollyskull
First Video: 1337

Postby Jollyskull » 25 Feb 2012, 12:53

Sweet caught the thread.

I would like know what would be something you wished the ban'shee told you was over sooner?

Would it possible to see Gibb come back and maybe have a crazy party with J-slice or even interview him?

MTG questions: What is the crews current thought on Standard if you play? If you could use your creature from Friday nights as a your Commander what kind of theme would it be?
DaktoaTheGreat
First Video: Fun With Microwaves

Postby DaktoaTheGreat » 25 Feb 2012, 12:56

Hey guys, how's it going?

I'm fairly new to LRR, but I'm currently attempting to watch all of the episodes of LoadingReadyRun. So my first question is: What is your favorite show you guys have done so far? My favorites so far are GPLP and Unskippable.

PS. Friday Nights is off to a fantastic start.
Marshak2627
First Video: Somewhere around Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Postby Marshak2627 » 25 Feb 2012, 12:57

Dear LRR.
If you had to live in a alternate reality based on some work of fiction (movie, book, video game, ete.). which work would you want it to be based on?
Evil Keebler Elf
First Video: Desert Bus 1

Postby Evil Keebler Elf » 25 Feb 2012, 13:11

I was curious how you manage what goes out on the LoadingReadyRun podcast (Not the LRRcast) on iTunes and if you are aware of the download numbers? I tend to use that to watch a lot of non-Escapist LRR content and wondering how many others do?
jkarkov
First Video: Commodore Hustle: The Arms Race

Postby jkarkov » 25 Feb 2012, 13:13

Dear LRR,

I am not sure wether or not this has been asked before so here goes. What made you start playing magic, and when did you start?

What is your favorite "so bad it's good" movie?
Last edited by jkarkov on 25 Feb 2012, 13:20, edited 1 time in total.
The Lunatic
First Video: Reduce Your Footprint

Postby The Lunatic » 25 Feb 2012, 13:14

Hey LRR, second time poster for a second question!

I noticed in "James Cameron's Desert Bus", you joked about using 3D software to "Create an accurate model of the road between the two cities".

I was curious if you've ever used or considered using 3D software in any of your videos. If so, which have you used it in? And if not, which would you have used it in, with better knowledge of the programs?

Just a curiosity of mine.

Cheers, and thanks for reading, assuming you did.
Mycroftian
First Video: Unskippable: Dirge of Cerebus

Postby Mycroftian » 25 Feb 2012, 13:18

Hey, long time viewer, first time poster.

First question: will Matt ever reprise his roll as Ryan Quickbender or some similar character in Checkpoint, or are you planning to keep it to the core three of Graham, Kathleen, and Paul?

Also, about how much footage is thrown out for Feed Dump? Like jokes that flop or stories that don't seem to go anywhere.

Finally, MTG related so you don't have to answer: give me a deck to make. Name an ability, creature type, theme, etc... Preferably something under about $50. This is inspired from a previous LRRCast when Kathleen mentioned she was making a deck centering around Royal Assassin and I was inspired by (stole) that idea.
Cutlesnap
First Video: 3 PS3s

Postby Cutlesnap » 25 Feb 2012, 13:27

OMG AN ASHKLRR THREAD! Gotta think of a question!

Ish there LRR (Or CommodoreHUSHTLE) fanfic?

More hilarioushly: Ish there LRR (Or CommodoreHUSHTLE) shlashfic?

What ish your position on hilarioush shlashfic?

Have any of you ever written shlashfic (or fanfic), and if sho, who what where what for?

What do you think of my Shean Connery impresshion?

P.S.: Wharrgarble.
Last edited by Cutlesnap on 25 Feb 2012, 13:33, edited 2 times in total.
Applejack is my favourite pony.
Bring it, Matt.
The Jester
First Video: The Truce

Postby The Jester » 25 Feb 2012, 13:31

Question for Kathleen, if she's there:

How do you get through those times when you feel like your art is horrible? I've been going through such a time over the last week, and it never seems to get easier to cope with and get around.

By the way, what's happening with Things My Cat Hates? I really enjoyed it.

Oh, and I'd just like to say to everyone; I really liked Friday Nights, despite never having played a game of Magic in my life. That's all because of you; you're such awesome folks that it feels like we're all just hanging out, even though it's pre-recorded and I'm thousands of miles away.

Awesome work, guys. :)
rpg1203
First Video: the job
Location: Mokena, Illinois, USA, North america, earth, SoL system

Postby rpg1203 » 25 Feb 2012, 13:33

Hello to everone there this week.

I was wondering if any of you have played the Kingdoms of Amalur reckoning yet and if so what did you think of it. personaly i feel like its a mix of mass effect and fable

secondly have you ever considered hanging the mic above you for the podcasts so when people bang on the table (or when Kathleen was drawing during podcasts) it dosent come over as loud? - not a complaint just something i thought of while listening to a lota podcasts in the background while playing games

Also i miss Gibb
Last edited by rpg1203 on 25 Feb 2012, 13:48, edited 2 times in total.
Do Not Meddle In The Affairs Of Dragons, For You Are Crunchy And Taste Good With Ketchup
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 25 Feb 2012, 13:36

If not already addressed, why was Graham out of focus in much of 'Cruising'?

For fans of Community, have you seen the Inspector Spacetime continuum? It's pretty great.
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 25 Feb 2012, 13:56

And we're out! See you next week!

-m

I am not angry at you.

Return to “LRRcast”