LRRcast for Cruising Break

Talk about this week's LRRcast and what you'd like to see in future ones.
James
LRR Crew

LRRcast for Cruising Break

Postby James » 12 Mar 2012, 12:39

Enjoy this one kiddies!

We didn't have time this weekend to record a podcast and next weekend we are taking a much needed vacation, a company get a way if you will.
So the next LRRcast won't be recorded till March 24th.
Chuckles
First Video: Omni-Lingual

Re: LRRcast for Cruising Break

Postby Chuckles » 12 Mar 2012, 14:15

I actually still have the boxes and (most of) the cards for the first decks I played with.

LINK REDACTED

I bought those two, played a couple games, then took out all the blue cards and combined the white. I've been modifying that deck ever since, and I still use it to this day.

It's like that phenomenon where you can replace every part in a vehicle and still call it by its original name.

EDIT: Couldn't get embed to work. Direct link ahoy!
http://dft.ba/-25CC

(Apologies for the crappy quality. Had to take the picture with my webcam, of all things.)
"Flat beer or a lumpy mattress. Take your pick."
"I'd prefer a flat mattress."
"Hmm.. Well, it could be done.. If I take the lumps out of the mattress, and put them in the beer, you'd have a flat mattress and a lumpy beer!"
Delanofilms
First Video: Gay Chicken

Postby Delanofilms » 12 Mar 2012, 16:35

Y u no card pdfs?
Definitely want to foil proxy some of them
ADTL; "I'm basically Twilight Sparkle."
Paul, you are objectively awesome.
aeric90
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby aeric90 » 12 Mar 2012, 16:54

Oh man :D I didn't expect my question to cause such a conversation. As one of your very gay fans I hope you know that I loved the video very much and wasn't offended one little bit :)
Join The War Against Pants
http://twitter.com/aeric90
His_Ryanness
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming (I think)

Postby His_Ryanness » 12 Mar 2012, 17:19

There does seem to be an audio sync issue with the video again, unless it's just me.
This signature has been designed by neuroscientists to render you sterile upon reading.
Vigafre
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby Vigafre » 12 Mar 2012, 17:28

I'm just assuming they fix it in this one either since these last two came out about the same time.

Anyways, I'm adamantly against My Little Pony. Why? Because some my friends annoyed me about it and I can't let them win.

Edit: FUCK Fairway Solitaire. I don't curse often, but really.
JustAName
First Video: Rapidfire I
Location: The Land of Unbearably Fashionable People and Lots of Cars

Postby JustAName » 12 Mar 2012, 19:13

Twoooooooooooo things!

1) When someone (Kathleen?) said there was a walrus behind that door, I kind of laughed a bunch because in my group, one of the, "Alright, now, who knows one of the core rules of improv?" for when we're running workshops is "C.R.O.W." which supposedly stands for Character, Relationship, Objective, and Where but we always say the "W" stands for "Walrus" as in "where's the walrus" so... It was amusing to me, at least.

2) I don't BELIEVE Saramin ever announced their engagement here. Actually, last I heard, they were keeping it a bit on the DL. ^^;
Alja-Markir wrote:Andy is the LRR Heart-throb.
Morgan is the LRR Crotch-throb.

And all I can do is read a book to stay awake. And it rips my life away, but it's a great escape.

Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 12 Mar 2012, 19:21

Graham said they figured it out but didnt fix it for tgwp filmed on feb 18th. This was filmed on feb 25th it still unsynks for me.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
Tapir12
First Video: Kei Kon 2004

Postby Tapir12 » 12 Mar 2012, 19:39

I have to say, I never used to watch the podcasts, but recently I have been really enjoying them.

I spent most of the podcast trying to figure out what the titles across the top meant. At first I thought it was an acronym, but SIVSS is apparently Scalable Intelligent Video Server System, so I doubt that's right. And then I thought I was probably trying too hard.

I like Paul's idea of doing a ballad about something stupid. What kinds of stupid things were you thinking of?

Also, I'm probably the only one who thinks this, and I know you guys are promoting Friday Nights, but I really wish the Magic discussion was put in the gaming podcast.
Last edited by Tapir12 on 12 Mar 2012, 20:40, edited 1 time in total.
Things I like and maybe you will too:
AIESEC | Monster | Juuni Kokki | Vienna Teng | Guide To Canada
Vigafre

Postby Vigafre » 12 Mar 2012, 19:52

I figured the "stupid inhuman vapourized siberian squid" was the thing behind the door.
Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 12 Mar 2012, 20:31

"stupid inhuman vapourized siberian squid" is the name of my red/white control deck.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 12 Mar 2012, 21:24

Tapir12 wrote:Also, I'm probably the only one who thinks this, and I know you guys are promoting Friday Nights, but I really wish the Magic discussion was put in the gaming podcast.
No, that's fair. We try to keep it under control, but if someone asks us a MtG question...

It's tricky :?
the amativeness
Location: America, where everyone sues everyone, always, for everything.

Postby the amativeness » 12 Mar 2012, 21:46

The other website?

Well now we know what LLR stands for...
zA: How do I relax?
Evil Jim: Jerk off.
Frozengale: You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.
Vigafre

Postby Vigafre » 13 Mar 2012, 00:46

Luscious Love Rhino?
phlip
First Video: Eternal Sonata (Unskippable)

Postby phlip » 13 Mar 2012, 02:24

Re Fairway Solitaire: The solitaire game in question is actually called golf, for reasons I've never fully understood. Games putting a golfing theme behind the cards are pretty common.
While no one overhear you quickly tell me not cow cow.
but how about watch phone?

[he/him/his]
JayBlanc
First Video: That thing with the thing and that stuff

Postby JayBlanc » 13 Mar 2012, 03:56

On writing Software, I can really recommend using Scrivener, it's on the OS X app-store and there's a Windows version too.

It's a lot lot lot easier to use for creative writing, and moving scenes and segments around, than a generic word-processor. It even has a relatively useful screenplay mode.

It's also a lot lot lot lot lot lot cheaper than Final Draft. $45 for Scrivener, vs $249 for Final Draft. The windows version is discounted by $5 because it's missing some features.
P_Raposo
First Video: Don't remember, was several years ago!

Postby P_Raposo » 13 Mar 2012, 07:27

His_Ryanness wrote:There does seem to be an audio sync issue with the video again, unless it's just me.

Same thing here. Graham just probably forgot to fix it, again. :P
RedNightmare
First Video: The Job

Postby RedNightmare » 13 Mar 2012, 07:38

His_Ryanness wrote:There does seem to be an audio sync issue with the video again, unless it's just me.

I had it too, though was it me or did the delay practically disappear round the end?
Also, Yes, we dutch have the weirdest news. If you ever need an extra story for Feed Dump, let me know. There's alot more where that came from (designer trains anyone?)
"I wouldn't call myself an evil genius. Simply genius will suffice."

http://www.twitch.tv/rednightmare7

Gap Filler
First Video: The Job

Postby Gap Filler » 13 Mar 2012, 07:40

If you really cared that much about these sync issues, you'd download the files and correct it yourself. Or just listen to the audio only.
"In the neighbourhood of infinity; it was the time of the giant moths..."
Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 13 Mar 2012, 09:17

Gap Filler wrote:If you really cared that much about these sync issues, you'd download the files and correct it yourself. Or just listen to the audio only.

That just doesn't make sense, that is like when people say things like "Well if you don't like how the government is run, you should just get elected, or get out of my country."

We, as a community, like the pod/vid casts if we didn't we wouldn't keep listening and commenting on them. In the thread of the last cast for TGWP, Graham said they figured out what the problem was but didn't fix it. This was recorded and posted after that, the problem is still there. People aren't saying "its out of sync and if you don't fix it ill sue!" or "its out of sync I'll never listen again!" People comment on it because it is somewhat jarring to see and would prefer it to be fixed. The crew have said they don't watch all the content all the time as they are too busy creating more wonderful content. People are saying its still out of sync because they might have thought they fixed it and didn't not because they hate the crew.

[–]Graham_LRR
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 13 Mar 2012, 09:50

In my defense, we THOUGHT we figured out the problem, and fixed that... but it wasn't.

We now know what the problem actually is, and will fix it for the next one we record.

Sorry all!
Season's Beatings
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby Season's Beatings » 13 Mar 2012, 13:50

As a side note, I only listen to the audio even though I know you guys get money for ad rev if I watch the video.

1: The ads don't show up for me. Could be a regional thing. Could be my adblock.

2: I'm on an incredibly small bandwidth cap due to the internal politics of the telecom industry in NZ. The amount that an hour and a half of video would chew through isn't appealing.

3: If its just you sitting and talking then the audio does fine. I know I miss the occasional sight gag and the overlay.

But I like you guys and I wanna support you. So there maybe a DVD order once I sell my car.
Avistew
First Video: Can't remember

Postby Avistew » 13 Mar 2012, 14:14

phlip wrote:Re Fairway Solitaire: The solitaire game in question is actually called golf, for reasons I've never fully understood.

Because you try to get the lowest possible score and deal nine times (similar to the nine holes of a half course in golf)?
Check out my webcomic, The Meddlers! (Currently not updating)
G-Cat50
First Video: Rejected WiiPlay Games

Postby G-Cat50 » 13 Mar 2012, 15:51

In regards to MLP, I remember seeing somewhere that the creator of the show, when she was thinking up the Powerpuff Girls, said that she actually had the (non-gender specific) college-student demographic in mind (hence the anime-style and all the Godzilla references) and the young-girl demographic was a result of the facilitation of the former. I just assumed that MLP was the same i.e referencing pop-culture from the 80's when the target audience were children themselves, and current young-fans are an intentional hang-over from the fact that children's tv is timeless in it's message and so forth.
In case anyone asks, the "G" stands for "Ginger"

Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 13 Mar 2012, 18:12

FYI Graham if you guys ever REALLY need a canoe, I know like five people in the area who own them. Including my father-in-law, who has AT LEAST four.

Edit; also you could have said "up-Island" in FNM as opposed to up-state.

Edit: Nice Thank You For Smoking reference.

Graham wrote:
Tapir12 wrote:Also, I'm probably the only one who thinks this, and I know you guys are promoting Friday Nights, but I really wish the Magic discussion was put in the gaming podcast.
No, that's fair. We try to keep it under control, but if someone asks us a MtG question...

It's tricky :?

It bugs me too. You could just say 'no gaming questions, thanks' and open up TGTWP question threads for gaming...

Return to “LRRcast”