AskLRR Thread! Closes tomorrow.

Talk about this week's LRRcast and what you'd like to see in future ones.
Hugums
First Video: Fun with microwaves

Re: AskLRR Thread! Closes tomorrow.

Postby Hugums » 23 Mar 2012, 21:00

Two questions for you guys this week. First I want to say that your videos are one of the only constants in my life with a new video almost every day, more or less, and a massive archive. It's pretty comforting to have something to come to every day and escape to another world for 3-5 minutes. I love you guys :D

Actual questions,
1. Would you guys be willing to go to New York comicon? I keep having trouble getting to PAX east but never any problem with NYCC.
2. My roomates are assholes, playing music at all hours and being generally obnoxious, one day I got back after classes to find that one of them was using MY BED to make the beast with two backs with his girlfriend. Any tips to deal with Jackass roomates? And do you have any roomate from hell stories?

Thanks guys!

Oh, one more thing, did you know that combining three rocks in triple town makes a boulder which can then be destroyed by an imperial bot to get a chest? Happened to me by accident, also happened to be the same game with my first flying castle :D
Nanosauromo
First Video: Unskippable - Eternal Sonata

Postby Nanosauromo » 23 Mar 2012, 21:07

Does Alex really call himself A-Train?

Do you actually play the Commander decks you use in Friday Nights?
Pugnacity
First Video: Forget about it

Postby Pugnacity » 23 Mar 2012, 21:12

2 easy questions

1. How many LRR members wear/require corrective lenses .
2. Since you went skiing in the Loading Time, how often do you guys ski/board?
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 23 Mar 2012, 21:18

I am going to refrain from asking a question because one of the videos that was supposed to be covered this week was the one that I wrote... but I just wanted to point out that I could have asked.

I could have asked something.

OK no forget that I am going to ask something. Is anyone else watching The Legend of Korra (the sequel to Avatar: The Last Airbender)? Because... the first two episodes were officially released online THIS VERY NIGHT, and HOLY CRAP I highly recommend you watch it.

Though you are busy people, a show this smartly written and steeped in genuine eastern culture PLUS with a strong female lead... must be watched!
shadowstep
First Video: Bros Clubbing Bros

Postby shadowstep » 23 Mar 2012, 21:42

A few (a lot of) questions:
1 - I recall it being mentioned how Cam was getting cold for Assassin Creeds. I take it he wasn't wearing a jacket under the white shirt to help keep warm?

2 - There wasn't an abacus in Ways To Do Your Taxes. What gives!? (My real question is, 'what would the title for that gag have been?')

3a - In last week's Feed Dump (Carcinogen Cola), did Graham imply that neither he nor Kathleen have brains, muscle, and looks?
3b - A request from Graham: Do more stuff using that old timey voice!
3c - I thought the jester hat was already used in a previous Feed Dump?

4 - In this week's Feed Dump (Fruit Fly Rejection), who's the fellow in the middle?

5a - Who in the LRR crew is going to PAX East?
5b - Where there be any free time to meet with fans (like me! :D) and play some Magic? (I sure hope this LRRcast goes up before PAX East.)

6 - (This might sound confusing because I'm phrasing it as if I'm watching this LRRcast when it goes up on the 31st! Assuming it goes up on the 31st! (Hint hint, James? :D)) Last week on Checkpoint, you covered Mass Effect 3's ending debacle. If you haven't covered how it developed in this week's episode, then what are your thoughts regarding how that's developed?

7 - I've been sorta watching GPLP (I watched all of Dante's Inferno, but haven't watched ep. 4 of Chad Football), and I was thinking: how often do you folks watch other Let's Play series? Have any of you watched the LP that Shamus Young does (Spoiler Warning)? They just wrapped up Deus Ex: Human Revolution yesterday.

8 - A question for Matt: Have you been keeping up with your resolution to see a movie each week this year? I noticed that your Tumblr for it hasn't been updated since January and wasn't sure if you just forgot about posting about movies or not.

9 - Lastly, a question about the Moonbase (and sort of about Checkpoint): Photographers have rolled background things that they use. How feasible would it be for you to get one of those? I ask becaus I find myself distracted by Paul's glasses when you do a segment with him on Checkpoint. I can see the green screen behind him!

EDIT: Sorry, I came up with a tenth question after I posted this...
10 - In one of the old Loading Times (or maybe it was an OTR), you guys had a ping-pong tournament. Have you ever played against Penny Arcade, or was that tournament just a one time thing because you had a ping-pong table?
DericWadleigh
First Video: Crapshots Ep. 25 - The Punishment

Postby DericWadleigh » 23 Mar 2012, 22:06

Okay, so if you could make an MtG card of anything what would it be? Within reason, what would it's stats, mana cost, attack/toughness, effect, etc. be? Why would you want that card, and if possible, would you want to be the only one with it or would you like it to come out in a pack?

Edit: Also on a more personal note, if you're making a particular collection of cards and I had one or two I was willing to donate, would you take them or do you have some morals against using LRR to accomplish your own magic-related collections.
Last edited by DericWadleigh on 23 Mar 2012, 22:09, edited 1 time in total.
"Hi! I'm the Doctor! Do everything I tell you, don't ask stupid questions, and don't wander off!"
Evil Keebler Elf
First Video: Desert Bus 1

Postby Evil Keebler Elf » 23 Mar 2012, 22:06

Suppose the Idaho Asparagus Commission and PUB Meeting double book a conference room. Who comes out on top?
Kingdragon81
First Video: It's magic

Postby Kingdragon81 » 23 Mar 2012, 22:12

If you had to pick one creature from mtg as your new mode of transportation what would it be?

Also in regards to pony time how do we know that it's not all true and you're just pretending to not like it so Matt doesn't get the satisfaction of being right? (which is what I will continue to believe regardless of how you answer)
KITTY!
Dark_Watcher
First Video: The Job

Postby Dark_Watcher » 23 Mar 2012, 22:17

A few questions:

If you could be half-person half-sausage, which way would you want it (top half sausage or bottom half sausage) and why?

Let's say you were a hitman and needed a signature kill/tool/calling card (assume that it won't incriminate you), what would it be and why?

What sites/reviewers do you visit or trust in respect to movies, games, music, etc.?

Just as some people say that the horror genre is perfected in video games, can you think of any genre that wouldn't work well in a video game?

Lets say you ended up making a feature length film that, no matter the content, would be a box-office success and would be nominated for best picture, what type of movie would it be? Bizarre art film, comedy, drama, genre film? Anything controversial for shits-and-giggles?
Season's Beatings
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby Season's Beatings » 23 Mar 2012, 22:31

Hi all. Long time fan. First time Askluuurrrrr. Its the reason I joined the forums.

First question: Mahna Mahna. Doo Dooo Do Do Do.

Second question. Have you thought about doing a more in depth series with lasting continuity and serious story arcs? ComHus was awesome but I think stretching your drama legs could do some good. Many other web series are moving into more story driven plots than gag a week stuff.

Third question. Why don't you post more in your own forum?
Come play with us Gordon.
Forever.
And ever.
Exbando
First Video: It's Magic

Postby Exbando » 23 Mar 2012, 22:33

First time that I caught the thread open!

If you were a planeswalker, what would you're abilities be (only 3, no transforming)?

Is Graham going to get revenge for nobody showing up for Feed Dump?

I haven't played any of the Assassin's Creed games, but the trailer for 3 catches my interest. Should I play the other ones first?

If you do another series of Friday Nights, will it be the same amount of episodes?

What's your favorite type of deck in standard right now?
I pretty much have no clue what to put here.
JackSlack
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.

Postby JackSlack » 23 Mar 2012, 22:55

Rrrrrrrapidfire questions, yet again! This time, in honour of Lore Sjoberg's heroic van trip, I present you with a list of items. Declare each "Good" or "Bad" and move on.

1. The red yoshi.
2. Double Decker London Busses
3. The original Xbox controller
4. Waking up a half hour before your alarm
6. Pizza in a Cone
7. Paragade
8. Counterspells.
slashdotdot
First Video: Save Our Games

Postby slashdotdot » 23 Mar 2012, 23:33

Hey Gang.
Some time listener, first time... you know the drill.
In your many years of making funny stuff for the internet, have you ever encountered someone, who either stole one of your ideas, or one of your videos?
How did you feel about it?
Have you ever been seriously accused of stealing other peoples ideas, other than the lone angry internet commenter: "They totally stole x from y!"
Keep up the great work!
Moon_Called
First Video: Bloody hell, I can't remember.

Postby Moon_Called » 24 Mar 2012, 00:03

Long time/first time etc.

A few months ago I drew a creepy doll face in the condensation on my mirror after taking a shower. It's still there, staring at me through the steam. Have I accidentally doomed my family to a lifetime of eternal torment?

And on a more serious note, I want to thank Kathleen for introducing me to Triple Town. I really enjoyed it, and introduced my mum to it on a lark. She took to it immediately. For the first time in years, Mum and I finally have a game we can play and talk about together.

Also, Matt: Favorite background pony? (The Apple family counts.)
Last edited by Moon_Called on 24 Mar 2012, 00:21, edited 1 time in total.
Oh freddled gruntbuggly
Thy micturations are to me
As plurdled gabbleblotchits on a lurgid bee.
Zipa
First Video: 3 ps3s

Postby Zipa » 24 Mar 2012, 00:08

Sweet first time I've caught the thread open .

Just wanted to say you guys did a amazing job with Friday nights , I had no clue about MTG what so ever prior to seeing it , now I at least know what the hell you guys are talking about sometimes . So I really hope you get to do another series.

My question is has anyone on the crew played or intends to play star wars the old republic? I'd love to hear some comments on it from you guys since the unskippable you did was hilarious .

Also the iPad 3 worth it or not if you have a iPad 2 ?
wondermoo
First Video: desert bus 5

Postby wondermoo » 24 Mar 2012, 01:03

Just wanted to drop in and say that I truly appreciate all the hard work and time goes in to creating so much entertaining content. It truly makes my day, multiple days of the week. I don't really have a question, just wanted to stop in and say thanks!!
Cybertrash
First Video: Bros Clubbing Bros

Postby Cybertrash » 24 Mar 2012, 01:34

Heya. Long time viewer, first time asker.

I was curious about the technical side of your productions, what type of cameras/microphones/lighting do you use? Have had any nightmares when equipment failed?

Also, how are the Loading Time/OTR videos filmed? I'm impressed how you manage to keep the video quality in what looks like awful lighting conditions.
Gap Filler

Postby Gap Filler » 24 Mar 2012, 01:40

So none of the crew listen to grindcore (at least according to old LRRcasts), what about other extreme metal? What of black metal, death metal, doom and so on? And what about noise?

For that matter, how extreme and transgressive, or just plain odd, are your musical tastes?
"In the neighbourhood of infinity; it was the time of the giant moths..."
mattyh0590

Postby mattyh0590 » 24 Mar 2012, 01:45

Hey Guys! Long time watcher/ listener, first time poster!

Question one: How is Geoff? I haven't seen him around lately.

Question b: On the GPLP, what console(s) do you use? And how do you ensure that the achievements/ trophies don't flash up at the top?

Question triangle: Will there be a 2012 Olympics edition of the Canadian Slacking T-Shirt? (Reeeeeaaaally want one :D)

Sorry if the questions seem a bit rubbish, I've just woken up. Also, you guys got me into Magic, which I have found to be an excellent game, so thanks guys! :D
Darkobra
First Video: ISC: Goat Penis

Postby Darkobra » 24 Mar 2012, 01:49

What are Tally and Kathleen's favourite colours and preferred shades of each which don't clash with their usual clothing?
Lyinginbedmon wrote:You are clearly some form of incorporeal undead.
Like a vampire.
But with knives.
MegaPamplemousse
First Video: I am not american

Postby MegaPamplemousse » 24 Mar 2012, 01:55

What's up with all this wind?
Avayu
First Video: Unskippable: Metal Gear Solid Part 1

Postby Avayu » 24 Mar 2012, 02:42

Hey Guys!The usual, long time fan, first time asklrr. Now, on to the questions:

If you could mix and match mutant powers like Chad in X-Men Density, whose powers would you choose? Also, which costume?

As a more serious question, did you consider beforehand that you were going to take a very controversial standpoint on the the whole ME3 ending debacle in last week's Checkpoint?
the_lone_bard
First Video: Black box...i think.

Postby the_lone_bard » 24 Mar 2012, 03:40

Hey, hope you guys are doing well.

So, just as a start off, does it ever get annoying that so many posts here start with "Wow I finally caught this thread!" or some variation thereof.

Ok, now a whole lot of MTG questions.

First up: Commander, how big of a dick would you think I am if I were to make a commander deck lead by Child of Alara, with nothing but indestructible creatures and green ramp? (If you don't know, Child of Alara is a Day of Judgement everytime it is killed, and costs one of each colour.)

Second: Where I play Magic there is currently a rather large problem of some people spending hundreds on the latest 'net deck, and other people like me who just build out of what we have which, is never going to include high priced cards, because the card gods hate me. But the real problem, is that my current vamps only deck consistantly wins. Which has caused alot of shouting and what not. Have you ever had players who acted like this when their $500 decks lost to a $10 deck?

And thirdly, since I should probably keep this to less than twenty questions: What is your opinion currently, on the avacyn restored hellvault pre-release event.
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/lone.bard
MsN: Thelonebard@live.
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/TheLoneBard
Twitter: Thelonebard

I'm mean because you're stupid.
Cirmanman
First Video: 3 PS3s

Postby Cirmanman » 24 Mar 2012, 03:56

Inspired by your Commodore Hustle videos, I decided to keep track of all the letters, numbers and other symbols I've pooped. The complete list is:
-A
-C,c
-G
-I,i
-J,j
-K
-L,l
-O,o
-P
-Q
-R,r
-T,t
-U,u
-v
-x
-Y,y
-!
-\
--
-=
-<

I was wondering what you think of this list, what symbol you're most impressed by and if you remember any of your own poop shapes.

My personal favorite is capital K :mrgreen:
Dared00
First Video: The Phone Manner

Postby Dared00 » 24 Mar 2012, 04:03

Hi! Long time watcher, first time asker.

1. When are you going to update the contributors list? Kate and Cam should really be there.

2. Have you ever thought about rebranding or changing the site, logo or any part of your design? I hope not.

EDIT: Oh, wait! Desert Bus 5 videos. When.
Last edited by Dared00 on 24 Mar 2012, 09:36, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “LRRcast”