AskLRR Thread! Closes tomorrow.

Talk about this week's LRRcast and what you'd like to see in future ones.
Chillie
First Video: The Job

Re: AskLRR Thread! Closes tomorrow.

Postby Chillie » 24 Mar 2012, 05:17

[skips the thank yous and tears]

1. Was it just me or was Jonny a bit more hammered in Jonny Two than in the first one?
2. Do any of you guys ever plan to visit Moscow (the Russian one)?
3. Did Jer tell anyone where he'd gotten the map (behind him)?
thebookster
First Video: Rejected WiiPlay Games

Postby thebookster » 24 Mar 2012, 05:19

Hi! What's up?
I'll just go right into the questions:

How hard is it for you to do the LRRCast? As in, is it difficult to find things to say, do you ever run out of questions, is it hard to find enough people, etc?

When you are filming, does Graham usually act as director? Or is it whoever wrote that particular script? Or is everyone directing each other?

Finally: I played Magic a long time ago (like, 7-8 years ago), but stopped when my brothers' decks were lost in a flood. I never created my own decks, I only played with theirs. But you guys have gotten me interested in Magic again. I know you've answered "how do you start?" before, so my question is, what are the different types? I hear people talking about Commander, Standard, I know there are Planeswalkers, can someone give a rundown of the types of Magic games?
DewMan001
First Video: Unskippable episode 1

Postby DewMan001 » 24 Mar 2012, 06:03

Have you considered doing a Minecraft GPLP on a server run by and potentially featuring Alex?

I've had trouble getting in to Magic. I think I might need a change of format, and I'm highly considering giving Commander a go. Best way to go about this?

And finally, who is Mark and what does he do at Mojang?
Tumblr (where stories live): http://dewman001.tumblr.com
Twitter (where thoughts live): http://twitter.com/dewman001
An album: http://bit.ly/19hnKaH
Canibalduk
First Video: The Arms Race

Postby Canibalduk » 24 Mar 2012, 06:16

What is the craziest/stupidest thing one of the crew has done/witnessed in a Commander game? Mine was a turn 7 Repay in Kind after the person who went right before me played Form of the Dragon. Quickest commander game ever.

Those two cards are here if you need them:
http://gatherer.wizards.com/pages/card/%20...%20eid=178016
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/%20...%20eid=193657
Westerfarmer
First Video: THe Job

Postby Westerfarmer » 24 Mar 2012, 06:18

Hello you people of awesome~

What is your thoughts about Denmark?

Also for Kathleen, where is the weirdest place on of your cats has been found?
As my cat Mons is content in any peaceful placeImageImageImageImage

Also thank you for answering last time, love all of you!, but Alex and Paul the most!
And Friday nights is awesome as well.
Geoff_B
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Postby Geoff_B » 24 Mar 2012, 06:28

Some of these questions may have been answered before as I haven't been keeping up.

1. How do you decide what stories to feature in Checkpoint/Feed Dump?
2. I was watching some of the older videos recently. Do you guys still have Nerf guns these days?
3. (for Graham) How hard is it to work out Jonny's actions and movements as well as his monologue?
Twitter|Google+|Tumblr|Facebook|Steam|Skype: gmbridges

I survived spaMEGAdon and all I got was this lousy signature joke.

#TeamMonica, #TeamMaki, #TeamTavis
Woland

Postby Woland » 24 Mar 2012, 06:34

Since you have started playing magic again, how much have you spent on the game (ballpark)?
Any suggestions on how to keep the costs down?
Gap Filler
First Video: The Job

Postby Gap Filler » 24 Mar 2012, 07:03

By your estimation, when does an AskLRR thread become too long for its own good?
--
For that matter, do you see a corollary between quantity of questions asked and time for which the thread is open?
--
What are your views on people who respond to group meeting announcements by saying they can't come because they live too far away or live in another country?
"In the neighbourhood of infinity; it was the time of the giant moths..."
DaMage
First Video: Wireless

Postby DaMage » 24 Mar 2012, 07:23

Ah ha! Finally caught one of these.

1. How hard was it to get all your camera/boom gear set up in the snow?
2. In 'ways to do your taxes' there is the "totally legit 401(k)" was the number 401,000 chosen randomly?

Lastly: Over the last 6 months you guys keep mentioning an Iron stomach challenge that (at last mention) James had....is this ever to make it online?

Thanks for the entertainment over the years.
ljackstar

Postby ljackstar » 24 Mar 2012, 08:05

So lrr gang, did you think "don't stop believing" was an experience?

Also what is your opinion and the nearly extinct snow jellyfish

Finally as a proud edmontoinian I must say, god damn french canadians!!
Last edited by ljackstar on 24 Mar 2012, 08:13, edited 2 times in total.
anzila
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby anzila » 24 Mar 2012, 08:05

Dear LRR,

As you may know from internet osmosis, the Yugioh franchise has decided that the experience of playing card games is enhanced by doing so while on a motorcycle. What sort of vehicle would you chose to drive while playing a card game? It can be any sort of vehicle or game, as long as you are driving and playing.

On a less silly note would you happen to know of any decent online tutorials for editing audio or video on a Macbook? I'm one of those people who learns best by watching others do things.

Pleasure to question you all, and I hope you have a pleasant Velociraptor free day.
NotAwesomeAtAll
First Video: Paper Boy

Postby NotAwesomeAtAll » 24 Mar 2012, 08:45

A few quick question:
1) How well do you think Ubisoft will handle a half Native American character; do you fear they may us the the same lazy stereotyping that movies often do?
2) Could you ever see yourselves doing an X-Blades GPLP? I would love to see ( hear) Graham rage in regularly updated 20-30 minute segments! :D
3) I just finished an Uwe Boll quadruple feature (12:00-6:00 A.M.),and was wondering what you think of/have you seen his non- videogame dramatic films? Personally I think they are a step-up, but do have a tendancy to drain all joy from life due to thier subject matter.
4) Recently I have been trying to get into D&D, but where I live there are unwritten laws, it seems, against playing table-top RPGs, and I can find no groups or individuals interested in participating. What should I do?
"It's very pissing in the wind, but the sky is on fire, and it's the best I can manage."
-David Mitchell
theblokeperson
First Video: Phailhaus 5 or 6

Postby theblokeperson » 24 Mar 2012, 09:04

I just wanted to say firstly that I enjoy the work you fine fellows put into your content each and every week, and that the stories you tell and the dedication you show have galvanized me into getting off my indecisive arse follow my own dreams of persuing a career in writing. Thank you.
Anyway, questions.

Dear Graham are you looking forward to Wrestlemania and if so what are your predictions?

Dear Matt after listening to the older podcasts I hear that the forums used to give you a hard time, is this still the case and if so how can people not enjoy your fantastic hair?

Finally, dear everyone, how does it feel to have gone from a small comedy troupe in BC to a powerful force for good, via the medium of and aweful game?
SniperMacFox

Postby SniperMacFox » 24 Mar 2012, 09:04

Good Day to you all!

This may be somewhat delayed but I wanted to congratulate you for the amount of money raised for Desert Bus last year. I personally won the auction for the signed copy of World of Goo and it now sits proudly as my most prestigious geek memorabilia item.

A quick three questions:

1) How goes the planning for Desert Bus 2012?
2) What's everyone's single favourite geekish memorabilia that they own?
3) Outside of Desert Bus does anyone take part in other charity work, volunteering or fundraising projects?

Thanks for all of your great work over the years, and god dammit Friday Nights was so good that it has finally got me and a few friends into Magic (I'll make sure to let Wizards know :D )
waZelda
First Video: The job

Postby waZelda » 24 Mar 2012, 09:13

If it was up to you, how many percent of the big budget video games coming out would be sequels and how many would be new IPs or stand alone games?
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then wouldn't hurt.
Sakurazaki
First Video: Fun With Microwaves

Postby Sakurazaki » 24 Mar 2012, 09:18

Long-time video follower, recent podcast follower, first time poster.

Two quick questions and one long one:

1) How did Marc Watson's involvement in Feed Dump come about?

2) Will we be getting another Fun With... or Iron Stomach Challenge video soon?

3) Back in the Bagel Time Podcast (all the way back in 2008), Jer predicted that the PS3 would come into it's own as a console and would eventually be a tough competitor for the 360. By comparison, Matt was incredulous and thought that the PS3 would never be a valid competitor in this console generation. With the magic of hindsight (especially given the fall of HD-DVDs), do you think that the PS3 has exceeded expectations?
Last edited by Sakurazaki on 24 Mar 2012, 10:07, edited 1 time in total.
CompletelyUnsure
First Video: Unskippable? I found this through 0Punc.

Postby CompletelyUnsure » 24 Mar 2012, 09:52

Made this account so I could ask this question...(medium length fan but I'm not a forum type guy)

Why are your characters in your videos always seem to be American or use American references/idioms? I know there's alot of overlap between the two dialects, but I'm pretty sure you've called it "soccer" more than once.
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 24 Mar 2012, 09:54

Mr Dressup or Mr Rogers?

Casey and Finnegan, or Chester the Crow, Annie, Alex, and Truffles?

I dont have a twitter account so I just stumbled upon the MTG drafts when someone posted here in the forums last week, and have watched way too much of it, is there any possibility of it getting a section in the videos section since it is a once or twice a week LRR video now?
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
Havok4
First Video: The first Unskippable

Postby Havok4 » 24 Mar 2012, 10:14

Which of your videos do you feel you had the most fun producing?

Also because you guys did all of the magic related stuff you convinced me to try a draft over spring break. I just wanted to thank you guys for that. I surprisingly came in first due to amazing beginners luck. Have any of you had similar experiences where you won something you really should not have due to luck or similar?
themanwithfournames

Postby themanwithfournames » 24 Mar 2012, 10:38

What happens when you guys are to old to do sketch comedy? Will there be a point where you have to "pass the torch" or do you see yourselves doing this till you guys are old and infirm? I can see mountains of elderly people humor...

Or will you guys just stop the site when you get old?
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 24 Mar 2012, 11:32

Oof, on to the third page? Gonna have to lock it down for this week. Thanks for asking!

Return to “LRRcast”