RETURN OF THE PODCAST(S) + AskLRR Thread.

Talk about this week's LRRcast and what you'd like to see in future ones.
CaptainEnder7
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Re: RETURN OF THE PODCAST(S) + AskLRR Thread.

Postby CaptainEnder7 » 11 Jan 2013, 21:59

Dear Drs LRR,
First of all, glad to see the return of the podcast! I'm a long time watcher, first time writer (one of the rare LTWFTW's). I seem to remember that you guys are doing the playtest of DnDNext. How's that going? What do you think of the system as compared to previous incarnations?

And finally Drs LRR, butt's 12 by pies?

"Ok, so, some sort of well-dressed ostrich. What's the next move?"

"CaptainEnder7: Space Asshole and Rogue Space Pooper" - Kathleen (and Graham) Commercial
Marshak2627
First Video: Somewhere around Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Postby Marshak2627 » 11 Jan 2013, 22:19

Hello,

I have few things I was wondering about. The first one is do have plans in expanding the number of cons that LRR go to (I am hoping for Gen-con)? Also on the subject of cons, other then running a booth and doing panels what do you normally do at cons?

My last question relates to Desert Bus 6, just this last week I finished watching DB5 (yes, all 150 hours, I know I'm crazy you don't have to tell me.), and was wonder if you knew if DB6 is online somewhere? I have checked Twitch, but I am kinda worried that it is out of order and I may miss out on some of it. Also I would like you to know that while I was watching it I got pretty good at knitting.

Thanks for reviving the LRR'cast and thanks for all the awesome content you guys create.
square1
First Video: Unskippable: The Saboteur

Postby square1 » 11 Jan 2013, 23:00

Yay lrrcast is back :)

With the new ravnica decks added to duels of the planeswalkers, what're your favorite decks now in that game?

Also, if Kathleen is there, I'm incredibly curious to hear your impressions for persona 4 golden.

Finally, with the positive experience with strip search and Friday nights, are you expecting cross-promotional work to be a growing portion of your annual output or do you have more internally generated projects you hope to pursue this year?

Thank you very much!
BarcodeReader
First Video: Arms Race
Location: The lowest, deepest, darkest, SE-most corner of Iowa.

Postby BarcodeReader » 11 Jan 2013, 23:31

Hello! Loooooooooong time watcher, first time askLRR-er. First off, just want to say that you guys are amazing, I think I would have given up a dream of working in videography a long time ago if it weren't for you guys. :) I loved this years Desert Bus (my second), but was sadly unable to watch most of it live, so I'd like to say an official Thank You to the guys/gals what captured it and put it up on youtube, it's made it tolerable to wait during the long recovery time it takes for you guys to put on such an awesome show. As well discovering ALL the visual gags on the Poster being all the more exciting.

Were/are there any Desert Bus Memes that've gotten too tiresome for you guys already?

In other news, what'd you guys think of The Hobbit? "SOOOOOOO In!", or just "soooo in"?

Rapidfire Season 3 was awesome! What encouraged you guys to bring it back this year? (Also, More Kane and Crowthorn VS/Teamup with Snooty French Cayne and Krothorne. Shady Salesman also needs to be in more things.)

You guys have mentioned the many inspirations for what you're doing, but have you ever seen a comedy group or website that has been directly inspired BY you?

My dad is working on a mock-umentary about peoples reactions about the impending follow up to a prophesy that Cthulhu is going to rise out of the river next to our hometown. What would you call some good examples as points of reference that we may not have heard of?

Has Matt really gotten that film-student-crazy after 2-3 months of school?

And lastly, how was you guy's christmas? I mean, after the world didn't end and everything?

"Great Paul's Bunyan, he's strong as an Ox!"
"But I have no horns... Or lumberjack friends..."

(Art by http://tominalley.deviantart.com/)
Zipa
First Video: 3 ps3s

Postby Zipa » 12 Jan 2013, 06:19

Yay LRRcast is back.

Will you guys be re-uploading/fixing/ect of older videos like the Loadingreadyrumble at all? I know you guys know that they are broken as you mentioned it in a past LRRcast a long time ago and some of them have been uploaded to youtube.

Also who are your favourite rapidfire characters to write and/or play? (my personal favourites are Kane and Crowthorne and the dodgy sales guy, Alex appearing in the guys jacket was brilliant)

Final question, are there any plans to have any futher different hosts for Feed Dump such as Alex or Paul ect? The one with James as the host was awesome (Graham is still awesome though so don't feel bad :D )
Jenelmo
First Video: Friday nights: Untap

Postby Jenelmo » 12 Jan 2013, 07:58

For those that play magic what guild are you playing in the Gatecrash Prerelease
There must always be a Stark in the Moonbase
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 12 Jan 2013, 09:09

OMG OMG!

Kathleen do you have any other free mobil games you would like to get me addicted to? I have over one million points on triple town right now for the first time since you forced me to play it whenever im waiting for classes.

When Desert bus wrapped this year did you cry? Cause I cried.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
thebookster
First Video: Rejected WiiPlay Games

Postby thebookster » 12 Jan 2013, 11:07

What was the first con each of you went to?

What was the first con you went to as LRR?
AlexanderDitto
Better Than the First Alexander
First Video: Desert Bus 1: The Original!

Postby AlexanderDitto » 12 Jan 2013, 11:08

Glad to have the podcasts back, you guys! I'm also very glad to see you guys getting more extra video gigs (Pocket Planes shorts, StripSearch, etc), and I think these are more important than the podcasts so if podcasts have to go on hiatus so you can complete more awesome projects, I'm actually fine with no podcasts, as much as I enjoy them.

My question: Plans for PAX East? Do we know who's going yet? Anything I should bring you? Besides baby carrots of course.
Silverfish
First Video: The Gay Chicken

Postby Silverfish » 12 Jan 2013, 11:11

Is the terrible salesman from Rapidfire at all inspired by Senor Cardgage from Homestar Runner? They are distinct characters, but I think they have a similar feel to them.
Boofinka
First Video: Paper Boy

Postby Boofinka » 12 Jan 2013, 11:11

Dear docrots LRR:
Now that three of the four lrr couples got engaged, are Bill and Morgen getting pressured into tying the knot anytime soon?
mehall
First Video: I don't remember. It was a long time ago

Postby mehall » 12 Jan 2013, 11:33

I don't think my SQUEEEEEEEEE over the return of podcasts is a question.

So I guess I'll settle for harassing you about postage for DVD's to the UK again. (I'm annoying myself nevermind you and I understand it's been the festive season.)
sleepingzombieXD
First Video: lost planet

Postby sleepingzombieXD » 12 Jan 2013, 12:02

Hi, name´s Adam Rönne Idänge and I´ve got a question for you guys that might be abit personal, but the worst that can happen is a "no" . . . .right?

Well iv´e, in recent times, been In a robbery, given chase to said robbers (near miss-axe-to-the-face)+ had a encounter with a heavy ex-mobster (and his quite dangerous Fight dogs)
so to give myself a oppertunity cope/ hear someonelse else:

Have any of you guys been in, any Similiar, "Live Fire" situations?

Respectfully, just throwing it out there.
/Adam.

P.S
LOVING your rapidfire!
guidance
First Video: Omni-Lingual

Postby guidance » 12 Jan 2013, 12:03

Dear people of LRR

You have been making comedy videos for a while now, so I am going to assume that you are an authority on comedy. How does randomness play into your videos, and are you a fan of doing videos this way? Monty Python seemed to have a good mix between random events happening and just funny situations, while things like the movie movies seemed to fail at it horribly.

Also we held your friend Mike (from your early videos) hostage at our house for new years, but we let him go around 1 am so he wouldn't miss the skytrain.
"My scythe--I like to keep it next to where my heart used to be"
SomeCallMeTim
First Video: Desert Bus 2

Postby SomeCallMeTim » 12 Jan 2013, 12:29

If you feel comfortable divulging, I am a sucker for engagement stories and would like to know how you proposed, Graham! You seem like a pretty creative guy, so I'm sure you cooked up something special.

Congrats to both of you! And I'm looking forward to many more podcasts in the future!
BE RIGHT THERE HOMBRE!
ewhac
First Video: One of the early Unskippables

Postby ewhac » 12 Jan 2013, 13:53

Dear LRR (ruler of the planet Omicron Persei 8):

In your episode, "Resolved," you had a throwaway reference to Kingston vs. PNY SD cards. Given that you've clearly had lots of experience with non-volatile storage, could you hold forth on your experiences with various brands of SD cards?
jello
First Video: Feed Dump: Black Metal and Nudity

Postby jello » 12 Jan 2013, 13:54

Will there ever be a Feed Dump with Kathleen and James as the only co-hosts and James not being replaced by Alex? ;)
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 12 Jan 2013, 14:01

OOPS! Should've locked this already. We finished with guidance's question.

Thanks guys! It'll be up later today (audio and video).

Return to “LRRcast”