LRRcast for 2013-08-17

Talk about this week's LRRcast and what you'd like to see in future ones.
User avatar
Graham
Super Moderator
Posts: 15038
Joined: 09 Mar 2004, 19:37
Location: Victoria, BC
Contact:

LRRcast for 2013-08-17

Postby Graham » 26 Aug 2013, 23:58

Cameron and Beej join Paul and Kathleen on this week's LRRcast.
User avatar
JayBlanc
Posts: 806
Joined: 18 Dec 2011, 13:54
First Video: That thing with the thing and that stuff

Re: LRRcast for 2013-08-17

Postby JayBlanc » 27 Aug 2013, 02:12

Cam has the radio voice! Would listen to Cam read shipping forecast.
User avatar
Yaxley
Posts: 2389
Joined: 02 Nov 2008, 14:38
First Video: Lock Out
Location: Pennsylvania

Re: LRRcast for 2013-08-17

Postby Yaxley » 27 Aug 2013, 08:36

Paul mentioned the deleted scenes for Onmi-lingual on the DVD. Teasing a Season 6 DVD release?
User avatar
UNHchabo
Posts: 172
Joined: 16 Apr 2012, 14:52
First Video: Back It Up
Contact:

Re: LRRcast for 2013-08-17

Postby UNHchabo » 27 Aug 2013, 16:11

"Americans deep fry everything."

Not true! That's mostly the midwest -- everyone does stories on the Iowa State Fair, which added deep fried butter a couple years ago.

Meanwhile, Maine is known for lobster, Maryland for crab, and each of the Northern New England states vie for Maple Syrup Supremacy. Vermont's is usually available nationwide, but I say New Hampshire's is better. :)

Yaxley wrote:Paul mentioned the deleted scenes for Onmi-lingual on the DVD. Teasing a Season 6 DVD release?


I think Graham has told that story in a previous LRRcast, and we know they've been working on the Season 6 DVD for a while; it got pushed out by WotC's insistence that the Friday Nights DVD be published now-or-never.
Looking for an older video? Try this wiki page. (Current through the end of 2008)
User avatar
Brushwag
Posts: 3
Joined: 27 Aug 2013, 18:52
First Video: It's Magic

Re: LRRcast for 2013-08-17

Postby Brushwag » 27 Aug 2013, 18:57

I just love the look that Beej gets on his face when he says "Oh god, I have opinions."
User avatar
Lord Hosk
Posts: 6587
Joined: 07 Dec 2011, 08:30
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Re: LRRcast for 2013-08-17

Postby Lord Hosk » 28 Aug 2013, 09:02

UNHchabo wrote:"Americans deep fry everything."

Not true! That's mostly the midwest -- everyone does stories on the Iowa State Fair, which added deep fried butter a couple years ago.

Meanwhile, Maine is known for lobster, Maryland for crab, and each of the Northern New England states vie for Maple Syrup Supremacy. Vermont's is usually available nationwide, but I say New Hampshire's is better. :)



Michigan is one of the best fruit producing regions on the planet, our Apples, Watermelon Cherries, and Blueberries are much sought after. We also have Pasties, which is like a hot pocket only not produced in a factory, or using cardboard instead of dough.

UNHchabo wrote:I think Graham has told that story in a previous LRRcast, and we know they've been working on the Season 6 DVD for a while; it got pushed out by WotC's insistence that the Friday Nights DVD be published now-or-never.


LRR has been working on DVDs of various kinds for the past 8 years, unfortunately they keep producing so much new content that its hard to go back. As much as I have enjoyed the couple of DVDs I bought from them, I dont think I enjoyed them as much as just watching all their new stuff. There are what 3-6 LRRs depending on the day of the week and they produce between 20 and 120 minutes of content a week, thats stagering if you think about it. That same amount of content takes a network staff of hundreds and they get time off, LRR does it week in and week out, AND Desert bus.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
User avatar
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
Posts: 8913
Joined: 29 Apr 2005, 22:53
First Video: Door to Door
Location: In England.

Re: LRRcast for 2013-08-17

Postby Lord Chrusher » 29 Aug 2013, 05:58

Even when LRR was only doing one video a week the DVDs took a long time to be released. I have to admit I also don't watch them that much.
Image
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Image
User avatar
plummeting_sloth
Posts: 3180
Joined: 05 Dec 2011, 09:47
First Video: three PS3s
Location: Baltimore, MD
Contact:

Re: LRRcast for 2013-08-17

Postby plummeting_sloth » 31 Aug 2013, 09:45

Paul, the character you were thinking about as the worst person you've ever played was a highly dismissive of all other fandom jerk in "Some Kind of Geek"
He habitually wears an expression as if he had determined to drive his head through a brick wall, and was about to do it (Description of U.S. Grant)
Elomin Sha wrote:I love the smell of napalm'd sloths in the morning.
User avatar
UNHchabo
Posts: 172
Joined: 16 Apr 2012, 14:52
First Video: Back It Up
Contact:

Re: LRRcast for 2013-08-17

Postby UNHchabo » 01 Sep 2013, 07:56

plummeting_sloth wrote:Paul, the character you were thinking about as the worst person you've ever played was a highly dismissive of all other fandom jerk in "Some Kind of Geek"


Eh, while that guy was a jerk, I'd say Paul's most recent "bad person" character was in "Open and Shut". I think that's the one he was trying to think of.
Looking for an older video? Try this wiki page. (Current through the end of 2008)
User avatar
plummeting_sloth
Posts: 3180
Joined: 05 Dec 2011, 09:47
First Video: three PS3s
Location: Baltimore, MD
Contact:

Re: LRRcast for 2013-08-17

Postby plummeting_sloth » 01 Sep 2013, 13:11

UNHchabo wrote:
plummeting_sloth wrote:Paul, the character you were thinking about as the worst person you've ever played was a highly dismissive of all other fandom jerk in "Some Kind of Geek"


Eh, while that guy was a jerk, I'd say Paul's most recent "bad person" character was in "Open and Shut". I think that's the one he was trying to think of.


He literally said in a prior LRRcast that said character form "Some kind Of Geek" was the one of the worst people he's had to play. Not incompetently evil... just a huge asshole.
He habitually wears an expression as if he had determined to drive his head through a brick wall, and was about to do it (Description of U.S. Grant)
Elomin Sha wrote:I love the smell of napalm'd sloths in the morning.
User avatar
JackSlack
Posts: 4572
Joined: 15 Oct 2010, 19:46
First Video: ENN, but I forget which.
Location: Sydney, Australia

Re: LRRcast for 2013-08-17

Postby JackSlack » 02 Sep 2013, 15:07

In hindsight, I should have known the answer to my question.

Return to “LRRcast”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest