LRRcast - Monthly Spending

Talk about this week's LRRcast and what you'd like to see in future ones.
Paul
Super Moderator
First Video: Tetris

LRRcast - Monthly Spending

Postby Paul » 07 Mar 2015, 09:07

Join Graham, Paul and James as they discuss their monthly spending habits in regards to online services. Twitch and Rdio and Netflix! Oh my!
Emtee
First Video: FNM

Re: LRRcast - Monthly Spending

Postby Emtee » 07 Mar 2015, 11:48

James, You should check out Google Opinion Rewards: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... asks&hl=en

For all of your App Purchases.

From the last few months I have earned $4.73 of Google Play Credits.
RedNightmare
First Video: The Job

Postby RedNightmare » 08 Mar 2015, 00:54

When James taked about 'some people at Penny Arcade' I just pictured Jerry Holkins sitting at his desk, watching the podcast. He just clicks it away, stands up and walks away mildy angered.

Not because I think Jerry would be among those people, but because he could sell the hell out of that performance :P
"I wouldn't call myself an evil genius. Simply genius will suffice."

http://www.twitch.tv/rednightmare7

Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 08 Mar 2015, 21:36

The comment about the all everything service made me think an old Qwest (an American ISP) ad from the late 1990s. In the add a man checks into a motel in the middle of nowhere. He asks about entertainment and the clerk says every movie ever made on demand. The ad implied that in the future everything every made would be available online.

It is quite annoying now that rights issues are the only preventing everything being available everywhere now.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
VectorZero
First Video: Unskippable: Lost Planet

Postby VectorZero » 09 Mar 2015, 01:51

I accidentally signed up for LuteCrate and now my house is full of musical instruments I don't know how to play.
Banzai_Tree
First Video: The Job

Postby Banzai_Tree » 09 Mar 2015, 02:39

I use a google chrome extension called hola better internet to access american, canadian, english and finnish netflix for a broader available catalogue of movies of tv shows.
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 13 Mar 2015, 14:03

Lord Chrusher wrote:The comment about the all everything service made me think an old Qwest (an American ISP) ad from the late 1990s. In the add a man checks into a motel in the middle of nowhere. He asks about entertainment and the clerk says every movie ever made on demand. The ad implied that in the future everything every made would be available online.

It is quite annoying now that rights issues are the only preventing everything being available everywhere now.

I remember that ad! And I remember thinking, "How the fuuuck is that gonna happen?"

It also makes me think of all the people who were complaining when Netflix went up a few bucks, and it's like, "Yeah, it's not twelve bucks a month for EVERY MOVIE EVER MADE WHENEVER YOU WANT."
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
HalfBadger
First Video: Friday Nights - Rotation

Postby HalfBadger » 23 Mar 2015, 20:53

I got so annoyed at the WWE network deal in Canada, that I basically stopped watching WWE TV altogether. I used to have the WWE app on my Smart TV and was waiting to give WWE my money to subscribe to the network.
"If in other sciences we should arrive at certainty without doubt and truth without error, it behooves us to place the foundations of knowledge in mathematics." - Roger Bacon

Return to “LRRcast”