LRRcast - Cellphone Home Screens

Talk about this week's LRRcast and what you'd like to see in future ones.
James
LRR Crew

LRRcast - Cellphone Home Screens

Postby James » 24 Apr 2015, 22:40

Join Cam, Ian, James and Paul this week as they talk about their iPhone home screens and the apps that occupy them.
Jollyskull
First Video: 1337

Re: LRRcast - Cellphone Home Screens

Postby Jollyskull » 26 Apr 2015, 14:01

I finished watching this podcast and I will have to say that the topic you chose made you sound like elitist pricks.

Personally I found the topic to be a bad idea and am hoping you will choose something else.

This may because I am still using a non smart phone as I do not feel the need for this.
Bergie
First Video: Man Cooking: Meatshroom

Postby Bergie » 26 Apr 2015, 18:10

I think those words are a bit harsh, though I do agree it was one of the weaker topics you guys have done lately. I could have seen it as part of a podcast, but I lost interest about halfway through.
Paul
Super Moderator
First Video: Tetris

Postby Paul » 26 Apr 2015, 18:34

That's fair, perhaps it was a little bit of a niche topic, but, as you can tell from the podcast, it is something that we spend way too much time thinking about.

Incidentally, if there *is* a topic you would like for us to talk about in a future podcast, please let us know!
Jollyskull
First Video: 1337

Postby Jollyskull » 26 Apr 2015, 19:47

Bergie wrote:I think those words are a bit harsh, though I do agree it was one of the weaker topics you guys have done lately. I could have seen it as part of a podcast, but I lost interest about halfway through.

You are absolutely correct that I cam off far harsher than I meant looking back on it now. I will still stand by the point that this was a tad bit esoteric in topic and can tell it is something that as a group LRR is passionate about.

Topics what about something like short stories the crew has written or what are important skills or pitfalls you have learned about in writing or shooting.
Dubious_wolf
First Video: Mercenary Solutions 2

Postby Dubious_wolf » 27 Apr 2015, 07:41

I liked the topic.
I found some new app ideas and I have a pretty tricked out phone theme so this appealed to me.
(My phone is currently decked out with a custom Mass Effect theme with custom notifications clipped from the game.)
I would say perhaps the podcast was a bit long but I'm fine with it because I just run podcasts in the background all the time.
^( " )^
winner!
Dubious_wolf
First Video: Mercenary Solutions 2

Postby Dubious_wolf » 27 Apr 2015, 07:45

Haha Paul's post count looks like a phone number to my iphone. XD
^( " )^
winner!
Phi
First Video: Impersonal Information

Postby Phi » 29 Apr 2015, 03:36

I felt like this one was a bit too niche, but maybe it's because I don't really use my phone that much.

Suggestion for a podcast: Technological woes! (how technology turned its back on you, or how you accidentally dropped your phone into the toilet, etc.)
Yaxley
First Video: Lock Out

Postby Yaxley » 04 May 2015, 11:45

I spend the majority of this podcast rearranging apps on my phone, so I fit the niche I guess. I also learned about some cool apps I hadn't heard of before, so that was nice.
fantôme
First Video: mtgo drafts

Postby fantôme » 04 May 2015, 15:32

Interesting choice of topic, I had no idea so many people used their phones for so many different things - okay I know that sounds antediluvian, I mean for so many useful things, I honestly always thought that 99% of phone applications were just exercises in passing the time.

Phi wrote:accidentally dropped your phone into the toilet, etc.)

Having once accidentally put my phone in with the laundry, I can confirm that disassembling it and leaving the individual components submerged in uncooked rice overnight does indeed dry it out enough to be functional again.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 04 May 2015, 17:59

Strictly speaking, any cool and dry place would work for drying out electronics. It just happens that bags of rice tend to be extremely dry, and stored in cool pantries.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
fantôme
First Video: mtgo drafts

Postby fantôme » 05 May 2015, 00:03

Rice is a desiccant, without "actively" drying the components it could take a very long time.

Return to “LRRcast”