LRRcast - Kathleen Trivia (June 2015)

Talk about this week's LRRcast and what you'd like to see in future ones.
Graham
Super Moderator

LRRcast - Kathleen Trivia (June 2015)

Postby Graham » 04 Jul 2015, 15:15

The 2v2 continues for this months Kathleen Trivia. James and Cam return to square off against Graham and Alex.
mtvcdm
First Video: Pokeproblem

Re: LRRcast - Kathleen Trivia (June 2015)

Postby mtvcdm » 04 Jul 2015, 20:13

The Dutch flag wasn't necessarily as much of a slam-dunk as you think. Luxembourg has a very, VERY similar flag; it's mainly down to the shade of blue on the bottom bar; Luxembourg has a lighter blue.

Then you get into Romania and Chad. and Andorra. and Moldova.

(Yes, I insta-knew Niue.)
Skizz
First Video: Checkpoint

Postby Skizz » 04 Jul 2015, 20:25

I knew all the questions that were answered (team chin had a pretty easy run, if my ready answers were anything to go by) and a couple of others, including the Pakistani flag.
Grickles
First Video: Unskippable

Postby Grickles » 05 Jul 2015, 00:46

Niue is actually quite well known in Australia as the place where Asylum Seekers to Australia were stored for processing.

There was a lot of controversy recently in the Australian media over the conditions of Asylum Seekers in Niue
LOST IN SPAAAAACE
Eric the Orange
First Video: The Job

Postby Eric the Orange » 05 Jul 2015, 07:53

OK two ways to even the odds I suggest having Cam be his own team VS everyone else (I mean what did james answer that Cam did not). Either that or have both teams have the same questions and write their answers like normal pub trivia.
Booster
First Video: Checkpoint- Episode 1

Postby Booster » 05 Jul 2015, 07:57

Eric the Orange wrote:OK two ways to even the odds I suggest having Cam be his own team VS everyone else. Either that or have both teams have the same questions and write their answers like normal pub trivia.

I don't think either of those things are necessary, writing down the answers would make discussion between team members harder since they are sitting so close, and Cam doesn't need to be on his own team, he just had a good run of questions on this one
SohNata
First Video: Unskippable

Postby SohNata » 05 Jul 2015, 09:58

Great epsiode. I do enjoy these quite a lot.

I'm also very proud of myself for knowing the flag of Niue. I got left alone with an atlas a lot as a kid.
Odanbear
First Video: Hot & Saucy

Postby Odanbear » 05 Jul 2015, 10:27

I feel like by the time we got to the Salton Sea, 54 Grahams per liter would be pretty damn salty.

TBH, didn't know any of those flags or countries.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 05 Jul 2015, 15:45

Kathleen vs Cam Trivia Showdown, hosted by Beej.

It would be entertaining, if nothing else.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
ShadowChorus
First Video: Friday Nights - Untap

Postby ShadowChorus » 06 Jul 2015, 14:50

People listening to the podcast will be very confused when Kathleen describes the white bar of Pakistan's flag being Horizontal rather than vertical.

But no, this whole thing is really cool and I hope for more trivia in the future.
mtvcdm
First Video: Pokeproblem

Postby mtvcdm » 06 Jul 2015, 18:11

So, interesting side note, UNESCO just had its annual session where they named new World Heritage Sites. (The full list is here.)

Apparently the Alamo wasn't in there until now. Other notables: Jamaica has their first site (Blue and John Crow Mountains); Singapore has their first (Singapore Botanical Gardens); the Sites of Japan’s Meiji Industrial Revolution: Iron and Steel, Shipbuilding and Coal Mining (Japan) got in, John the Baptist's baptism site in Jordan got in.
Clypheous
First Video: Checkpoint Episode One

Postby Clypheous » 07 Jul 2015, 05:02

You should put a warning at the beginning of episodes of this that listening to it is going to be a little less useful than normal. I almost always listen to these in the car now as opposed to at my desk, so the whole flag part was pretty confusing, although I did know the flags pretty well.

As always, quite amusing though, the trivia tends to be just hard enough to be trivia, but easy enough that even people who aren't trivia nuts can get some. Now you just need to have a topic "legal issues in astrophysics" and I will be set!

Return to “LRRcast”