LRRcast - Anime Recap: Autumn 2015

Talk about this week's LRRcast and what you'd like to see in future ones.
Mums
First Video: Checkpoint "Socially inept"

Re: LRRcast - Anime Recap: Autumn 2015

Postby Mums » 25 Feb 2016, 14:20

I'm not a 100% sure if I like it but it has piqued my interest. For me it's the personal story, them having to face the cold reality. Fighting monsters isn't a cool fun game, it's dirty, it's another living thinking creature that you have to kill. Also there seems to be an interesting mystery as of why they are in that world as an overarching plot aside from their personal development.
Sit down. Get ready. Sit down again!

The perfectly lying, lying bastad!
Tapir12
First Video: Kei Kon 2004

Postby Tapir12 » 25 Feb 2016, 16:09

Hmmm ok, I think I get what you mean.

It might be hard to find, but I think you might really like The Twelve Kingdoms. It's a fantasy and focuses on the personal story of the main character while also building a much larger world filled with politics and some great characters. It's broken up into a series of arcs that are separate but connected stories. It's takes a few episodes to really get going, so you have to be patient with it but it's very worth it.

Another fantasy series that might fit what you are looking for is Seirei no Moribito. It's a less complicated but still very intricate world with clashing cultures, no true antagonist and a protagonist who is trying to sort herself out while participating the overarching story. It's got some nice action scenes but also a lot of character interaction.

Another one that might work has already been mentioned, but is worth mentioning again: Mushishi. It's more laid back with more slice of life style stories but in a historical/fantasy setting. The main character doesn't get a lot of development, but the stories are less about him and more about the people he meets on his journeys. Each episode is it's own story. It's an absolutely gorgeous series that really takes advantage of the medium.

Also, if you are having trouble tracking some things down, let me know and I can perhaps point you towards some sources.
Things I like and maybe you will too:
AIESEC | Monster | Juuni Kokki | Vienna Teng | Guide To Canada
Mums
First Video: Checkpoint "Socially inept"

Postby Mums » 29 Feb 2016, 05:11

Awesome, thank you, I will look into them when I catch up with time :)

I think a friend showed me an episode of Mushishi once and I remember liking the laid back story telling.

If you know a good place to stream Silver Spoon I would like to give it a chance. Crunchy Roll doesn't seem to work for that show in my region, if it's even on there. I find it when googling but not when I search their show list.
Sit down. Get ready. Sit down again!

The perfectly lying, lying bastad!
unpronounceable
First Video: A Stitch in Time

Postby unpronounceable » 29 Feb 2016, 16:36

If you're in one of the regions it supports (US, Canada, UK, Australia), [url=because.moe]because.moe[/url] is a really easy way to see if an anime is licensed for streaming. If not, it might still be worth while checking out the sites it searches to see if they stream it in your country. I don't know if it explicitly lists those sites, but just the default spread of shows in the different regions should give you a bunch of options to check out.

Return to “LRRcast”