May 16 - Slacking for Gold

Talk about this week's LRRcast and what you'd like to see in future ones.
Melendwyr
Grand Wiki Theodore

May 16 - Slacking for Gold

Postby Melendwyr » 17 May 2007, 17:15

It's not afternoon at all. Sorta.
"...so he turns to me, and he says 'Why so serious?' He puts the blade in my mouth, and says 'Why so serious?
Let's put a smile on that face!
'"
jtaylor
ASCII Ninja
First Video: Talk Like a Pirate

Postby jtaylor » 17 May 2007, 17:24

Wait a while and it will be.

Edit:
My computer is named Apollo, mostly because it is in a NZXT Apollo case.
Last edited by jtaylor on 17 May 2007, 17:45, edited 1 time in total.
emma
CAPS LOCK!

Postby emma » 17 May 2007, 17:25

Jer, if you give me your measurements, I swear to god I will try and knit you a sweater. I have never knit a whole sweater before, but I have always, always wanted to. For reelz.

My external harddrive is named Leon! Alex will be proud of you if you can figure out where it came from. :P
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 17 May 2007, 17:50

3mm4 wrote:Jer, if you give me your measurements, I swear to god I will try and knit you a sweater.

Jer. DO THIS.
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 17 May 2007, 17:52

Leon's Grate Adventule?

Under Linux my computer is known as omega, under Windows omegaprime. My C drive is calculus. This is not a Tintin reference though, Linux drive names are boring (hda1, hda2, hdb1) but it does not use drives in the same way.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
emma
CAPS LOCK!

Postby emma » 17 May 2007, 18:04

Graham wrote:
3mm4 wrote:Jer, if you give me your measurements, I swear to god I will try and knit you a sweater.

Jer. DO THIS.

I cannot gaurantee that it will be a good sweater, or that it will take less than a year, but god knows I will TRY.

emma
CAPS LOCK!

Postby emma » 17 May 2007, 18:05

Let me, in order to show you all my coolness, list off why my desk is as cool as it is. Unfortunately, I just cleaned it today, so while I do normally keep my desk fairly tidy, it is even tidier than usual. Let's begin, shall we?

1. Loadingreadyrun.com, open on my computer. Fancy that.
2. Adorable animals. Nothing is cooler than pictures of adorable animals, except the adorable animals themselves, and that dog is dead and the cat is a lot bigger now.
3. An arrow. Come on, that's just cool.
4. The darts for my blowgun. I bought in the Amazon. It is a blow gun that shoots darts. Need I say more?
5. STFU, NOOB - plus, it opens beer.
6. I am a princess, obviously.
7. Diet coke is for pussies. Also, I was out of ginger ale.
8. Pocky, bitches. I had two more boxes but I eated them.
9. 380 pieces of Dubble Bubble. And there is another bucket you can't see. DELICIOUSLY COOL. Also, there is no gum left so the bucket is full of computer wires.
10. A fairly kickass subwoofer, to go with my tiny, hidden, but still pretty rad speakers.
11. Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norrell. Really cool book.
12. To go with it, Harry Potter (number 6) because I am catching up before the next book comes out, and I haven't read it in a while.
13. Dune, because I bought it for 50 cents and have been meaning to read it for like 5 years. (this is my pile of books I am actually reading right now. I am not so pompous as to make a pile of books to show how cool I am. If I was, there would be very different books in that pile. Can you say - Marcel Proust?)
14. A Guiness coaster. Sure, you can get them anywhere. But mine came from Ireland.
15. Bronze medallion, bitches. I can save LIVES.
16. It's a samurai sword. I got it at the dollar store. It is good for hitting people with.
17. It's a giant plastic fish. I got it for my birthday.
18. Spiderman! And it is full of buttons!
19. Casablanca! And it is full of beads!
20. His name is Francesco. He is a bunny on a stick. I stole him.
21. Bronze medal, people. I lost EVERY GAME I PLAYED and still won a bronze medal. Because I am just so cool that they were like 'yo, she is too rad to not give a medal to.'

Also in this picture are the slightly less cool but still necessary things, such as my bag of makeup, my nail polish, and my hairbrush (hidden). I am a girl. It cannot be helped. I do my nails and put on make up when I am bored. I AM STILL COOL.

I hope you have enjoyed your tour of my slackspace, complete with items both of a slacking and none-slacking nature. I enjoyed doing it, and I hope my immense effort produced enough entertainment to get me a forum rank, because god knows nothing else will.

Lavos
Lavos
First Video: 1337

Postby Lavos » 17 May 2007, 18:14

http://i18.tinypic.com/677i13s.jpg
http://i11.tinypic.com/4tr0pyp.jpg

If you guess what I'm playing on the cube, I won't bother you at all.
i dont know what's happening anymore
Tank_girl

Postby Tank_girl » 17 May 2007, 18:33

My Computer desk. As protected by Buddha.

Matt's PC. Located directly behind mine.

( please don't take away my points for his actions.)

BY OUR FORCES COMBINED

Image[/list]
Lavos
Lavos

Postby Lavos » 17 May 2007, 18:36

I lol'd tankgirl.
You're gonna win.
i dont know what's happening anymore
jtaylor
ASCII Ninja
First Video: Talk Like a Pirate

Postby jtaylor » 17 May 2007, 19:41

Edit: Pics disappeared!
Last edited by jtaylor on 10 Sep 2008, 15:55, edited 1 time in total.
Yukikaze

Postby Yukikaze » 17 May 2007, 20:21

I actually remember Patlabor: Mobile Police. That was a pretty good anime, though I never managed to sit through the second movie.

My hard drives are named Lazerus(C drive. Ressurected through the necromancy of reformatting after the FAT of a 40GB disk got corrupted, dropping it to an 8GB disk), Symbiote(D drive. Yes, the name was inspired by the black critter from Spider-Man, but ultimately, I just thought it sounded cool), and Titania(J drive, since Windows keeps demoting her. My mobile drives all get feminine names. Titania is the big one, Mercuria was my Creative Labs MuVo TX, 256MB version, which I have since lost.)

I believe I shall post a photograph of my entire room once I get my hands on a decent camera. I think it's got personality. My dad thinks it's a fire hazard.
Deemed too hazardous for human contact.
Misty
The Goddamn Batman
First Video: Suspend Your Disbelief

Postby Misty » 17 May 2007, 22:01

My desktop is not rad at all... but here it is:

Highlights are my Roy and Hughes figures (atop the monitor) Axl and Final Form Sora figures (far right of the pic) various origami stuff- a butterfly, flower, frog, and kickass bug thing (littered everywhere) and Pedobear himself (sitting next to my Spyro sheep and Terra from Teen Titans atop the monitor also)
YamaroV2

Postby YamaroV2 » 17 May 2007, 22:37

Yknow what, I -just- got my tripod and tuner card the other day, so I'll take a pic and upload.

All ya'lls bout to be put to -shame.-
No longer your barrel-rolling monkey.
RPGManic

Postby RPGManic » 17 May 2007, 23:13

Graham, Shivani is actually the name of the Hindu godess of destruction.
, not shiva :P

And im suprised no one went with 'Eddie'

and why the hell were you sued by toys r us?
MAKE PENNE ARIBIATA NOT WAR
Misty
The Goddamn Batman
First Video: Suspend Your Disbelief

Postby Misty » 18 May 2007, 00:19

Oh yeah, that reminds me! I don't really name any inanimate objects around me, other than my iPod. His name is Daz, after my favorite singer ^__^ (shut up Morgan :P)
eiopqrtuwy
Smartest SpamBot Ever
First Video: Rejected 'Get a Mac' Ad's

Postby eiopqrtuwy » 18 May 2007, 02:26

I live in a college dorm so my set up isnt too elaborate, I use my laptop on top of my lap on my bed rather than my desk.
Things of interest in the photo are:
Laptop
Mess of wires (ethernet, headphones, power supply, printer cable, etc)
Bed (with blankets and pillow)
Printer
Headphones
Lamp
Solved Rubik's Cube (and various other related puzzles)
Stacks of school text books
Trash Can

Sadly this is almost everything I own (the exceptions being clothes, boardgames, bike, and car) but such is life as a student.
AmazingPjotrMan
...and all I got was this lousy rank.

Postby AmazingPjotrMan » 18 May 2007, 03:18

My camera got lost in a drunken haze last week :(

Oh and my 360 is called the Dawn of Autumn.
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 18 May 2007, 07:02

I'm pleased that my question got such a great response! Even the forumites are getting in on it!

My old hard drive was MPU (brownie points if you guess where that is from), but it had some, shall we say... difficulties. Long story short, I upgraded to dual 80GB SATA drives. Unfortunately, windows refused to let me RAID them, so one's merely storage. Thus the main is now Mainframe, and my other drive is partitioned into Storage/OS/Paging File.

Yea, not very clever. Anywho, I gotta bolt out the door, so when I get back I can share info about other named items of mine.

~~~

Edit: Back. Got about a third of the way to my destination before I got a call and learned that the brunch I was invited to has been canceled. And I was so looking forward to a mountain of pancake. Ahh well...

So then, I also have a few bokuto, named Dao and Askant, my old Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 is named Widdershins, my old, old sandbag critters are Spud, Gek, Arturo, and Widget. My hiking staff is named Shambler, my digital music library is Musaes, and I used to have an rather nifty hurricane lantern named Rhadamanthus.

~Alja-Markir~
Last edited by Alja-Markir on 18 May 2007, 07:29, edited 2 times in total.
James
LRR Crew

Postby James » 18 May 2007, 07:08

Juhnaid

Postby Juhnaid » 18 May 2007, 07:26

My Room, I guess! Geez.. I wish my camera was better..

I have a Beer Fridge, Usually filled with apples.. Blank CD's and a black light ontop of that. One of the speakers from the superwoofer under the desk. Lots of iPod gaes, A gamecube controller which I cit the wire off of. A usb controller that works on maks, Toothpaste and a Razer, Loading Read Run Dvd,s and.. a few cd's. Oh yes, A Katana too.

24inch iMac and 13inch Macbook, Lots of Tropicana cartons, some shower gel.. err.. external hard drive, more wires, superwoofer with a pillow on top (I need a foot rest!) A bunch of old consoles.. And a poster.

And the bed, perfectly positioned so that I can watch movies on the iMac and use the Macbook to stay online at the same time.. more anime posters.. and.. wires on the floor.

I slack, Therefore I am
---------------

Haz- King Ozzy (Juhnaid)

---------------
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 18 May 2007, 07:52

Sooo.. heres my desks.. yeah i have two, and i still don't have enough roomm....

some things in this photo:
1: my tartan towel thing.. they hand them out at football games at cmu... (our mascot is a tartan, which is a plaid piece of fabric, so that kinda explains that...)
2: my awesome Macbook, Sammie, (he replaced Silvester, my powerbook, who drowned.. ie, i spilled icey tea on him...)
3: My magic cards, and binder, yeah i'm a nerd...
4:My awesome knit a day calender.. (I'll try to make a LRR sweater, but I'm really bad at making clothing, so hows about a bag?)
5: Half - eaten soft pretzel...
6: my 6th grade class photo... yeah its been hanging there since 6th grade...
7: My DVDs and random books...
8: my middle school music awards.. don't ask why i still have these.....

This here's the other desk...
1: Just all the shit that is on this desk... and I just cleaned, like right before I took this picture
2: My award for "best trombone solo" from the Reading High jazz fest.. this one makes me feel good...
3: My awesome John Deere hat... yeah, we have a John Deere tractor..
4: Random box of gadgets and wires...
5: Awesome speakers for my awesome stereo...

And heres what it all looks like when you walk into my room....
wow i just realized how much crap i have...
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
emma
CAPS LOCK!

Postby emma » 18 May 2007, 08:22

COPYCAT

Also, that isn't a tartan. It's just... maroon.

korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 18 May 2007, 08:36

hey now, i just liked what you did, so I used it (imitation is the highest form of flattery)... and yeah, the tartan thing is bad, but not as bad as the ones they gave out this year, that were maroon and said "terrible tartan"... after the steelers terrible towel... so bad...

oh well.. waiting for the next video.
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
RPGManic

Postby RPGManic » 18 May 2007, 09:17

eiopqrtuwy wrote:I live in a college dorm so my set up isnt too elaborate, I use my laptop on top of my lap on my bed rather than my desk.

ahh crackles, there goes the point of my entry >.>

dam you vile woman!
MAKE PENNE ARIBIATA NOT WAR

Return to “LRRcast”