THE THREAD FORMERLY KNOWN AS THE NEW ASK LRR QUESTION THREAD

Talk about this week's LRRcast and what you'd like to see in future ones.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 25 Apr 2008, 16:14

With regards to Facebook, are any of you concerned that, by cataloguing all of your social contacts on it, it is effectively an email virus' wet dream?
ClownX
First Video: How to Talk Like A Pirate

Postby ClownX » 25 Apr 2008, 18:13

First of all: In Rock Band World Tour, press the yellow fret, Y, or the foot pedal to see the contents of a setlist. Saved my ass so much.
--
IN OTHER NEWS!
--
I am sorry, but I regretfully have to inform you that someone recording THIS VERY PODCAST has been poisoned! It is your job to deduce who!
--
COROLLARY:
--
I am sorry, but I regretfully have to inform you that someone recording THIS VERY PODCAST has poisoned ALL of you! It is your job to deduce who!
theINC

Postby theINC » 26 Apr 2008, 02:04

Do the view counts on the videos take into account RSS downloads?

Same question as above, but for the podcast?
Woland owes me 10 points.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 26 Apr 2008, 02:29

Since Paul's status as a Hetero Mortuus is established in the Wiki as canon for continuity, will you ever make reference to his undead status in other videos?

Welches sonstig Sprachen ausführen jeden ihrer sprichst?
theINC

Postby theINC » 26 Apr 2008, 04:44

Paul and any other Mac users who use MSN:

What MSN client are you using?

The Microsoft one doesn't have as much functionality (no A/V functionality!) as other versions I've used, but none of them seem to have stability. I used to use aMSN which does webcam etc but it crapped out on me with extreme errors, so now I'm using Adium (Pidgin/gAIM but for the Mac).

Unclever title

Postby Unclever title » 28 Apr 2008, 10:53

What videos are you guys considering "Lucasing?" As you called it.

Less important: This post is on page 22 of the LRRcast thread, as of when this was posted you guys have answered questions midway on page 18. A four page difference.

In the old AskLRR thread you finished it on page 23.

When you're answering this, what's the final page number on the thread? Are you gaining on us or losing ground? Is this thread too epic in size?
My train of thought is more like a roller coaster that has loop de loops and no safety bars.
I don't know if I'm tall enough to ride.
Lacerta
Affable Marmot
First Video: How to Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Lacerta » 28 Apr 2008, 14:47

If you were given a $1,000,000 budget to shoot a LRR video, what would you do?
semper fidelis tyrannosaurus
theINC

Postby theINC » 29 Apr 2008, 02:38

Nail clippers or nail scissors?

Melendwyr
Grand Wiki Theodore

Postby Melendwyr » 01 May 2008, 07:47

Graham acknowledged that the GTAIV vid was made in the hopes of getting attention.

How's that working out? Is it doing better, as well, or worse than the preceding Uwe Boll video?

I notice that your Alexa stats have been consistently up for the past six months. How do you feel about that?
"...so he turns to me, and he says 'Why so serious?' He puts the blade in my mouth, and says 'Why so serious?
Let's put a smile on that face!
'"
Nomadic
First Video: Serious Cravings

Postby Nomadic » 01 May 2008, 10:51

Whatever happened to "The Rant" style videos and will you bring them back? (I, for one, enjoyed listening to Graham rattling off...I WANT YOUR ACCENT.)
Successfully lurking since 1709.
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 03 May 2008, 21:43

Do you think Desert Bus could be made more enjoyable by making it a tie-in game with another series? Like "Sam & Max ride Desert Bus." No actual graphical or game-play changes mind you, just the name.
Last edited by Evil Jim on 08 May 2008, 19:30, edited 1 time in total.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 04 May 2008, 12:58

Probably asked before, but might as well be said again (seeing as the answer changes):

What is the crew listening to now? (Music wise, not ambiance)
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
Veiland

Postby Veiland » 07 May 2008, 06:06

What do you now about the mighty country formed as a guitar, also known as Norway?

Eventually Norwegian music(if any)?

edit: typo
Last edited by Veiland on 08 May 2008, 08:17, edited 2 times in total.
iwashere33
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby iwashere33 » 07 May 2008, 06:19

i have an idea for the shopping = LRR bumper stickers

and, i know this might be a bit late but i only thought of it now...
The max effect video where it's a newscast about the sex in mas effect. I noticed that i was talking about the 'sex box'

question is: did you know there was a 'sex box' when you made the video or were just thinking the 360 is only good for making fun of.

link for reference:
http://gizmodo.com/344437/sexbox-3600-1 ... n-xbox-360

2nd question: did you know that if you buy any arcade game on xbox live and are not hooked up to the internet you cant play the full version? (not signed in means trial versions only)
Ian McKellen, now!
Quovak

Postby Quovak » 07 May 2008, 16:11

Sorry if this has already been asked, but I know that in a lot of old videos you would hide the script somewhere in shot so you would have a reference to fall back on. Do you still tend to do this in the majority of your videos or have you moved beyond having to do that?

Edit so that this question will be answered sooner: I noticed that on Paul's web design site he capitalizes the word internet. What are your opinions on the whole internet/Internet debate?
Last edited by Quovak on 26 May 2008, 21:03, edited 1 time in total.
Number09
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Number09 » 08 May 2008, 09:06

1. Are you aware that a few of the game scenes in Rejected Wii Games are being used in the ad for Torrent (a show on G4/tech TV)?

2. Marvel or DC?
Woland

Postby Woland » 08 May 2008, 10:03

Living in the Pacific Northwest, do you have much contact with or sense of Indigenous/Native North Americans/Canadians? (wtf is the Canadian word for this?)

Also, what is your favorite Revolution?
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 08 May 2008, 19:28

Is there any chance of LRR doing another live video podcast as was done shortly after the Desert Bus drive? I really enjoyed the event & would go out of my way to see more in the future if broadcast live.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
LS

Postby LS » 09 May 2008, 00:11

How many XL shirts would I have to buy for you guys to think that you had a really large community of people that could relate to Mr. Wiggins, and thus cause you to decide that Matt should be in more videos?
Fancy Morgan: the Matt lover.
Valandil

Postby Valandil » 09 May 2008, 02:51

Dear LRR crew,

I'm currently in my second year of Undergraduate university and I plan, when finished, to move to Canada, do a Postgraduate Law course and start a career there. My current choices UBC or UVic. I was wondering if you could tell me anything about the latter, as when I went to Canada in the winter I only got a chance to see UBC.

Sincerely,
Chris.
Wraith wrote:WHY DOES THIS KEEP GETTING HARDER?!
unknowngamer

Postby unknowngamer » 09 May 2008, 23:34

Does anybody have a particular favorite MST3K episode/Riff track/Cinematic Titanic?
Telekenesis

Postby Telekenesis » 11 May 2008, 10:43

When is Graham going to do another rant, like the "Election Rant"?
And if you weren't planning another rant, here's some ideas..
Facebook
Beijing Olympics

But more importantly, when is Graham's stubble going to appear again?
(A.K.A. His sexy stubble)

Edit: Making everything bold is fun.
Last edited by Telekenesis on 13 May 2008, 09:53, edited 1 time in total.
Graham wrote:Clearly I'm dancing like a ninny intentionally.

Graham wrote:It's a lot of phun.
Dioblox1

Postby Dioblox1 » 11 May 2008, 13:25

Shit, I'm sure every questions that could be thought of has already been asked by so many. I mean, the only questions that probably have not been asked, at least yet anyway, are probably the really disgusting/personal questions. Give it awhile, you'll be flooded by them.

But for me, what is my questions to you. Hmm... Okay, I've got one (probably been asked anyway, but what the Hell, right? I don't give a shit in being creative right now). How do you all remain focus on the goal to continue on and make videos and do what you do? Fore I and my own group of friends have tried many attempts to create our own "niche" I suppose with machinima, but everyone just seems to lose focus and it all dies a horrible death. So, how do you all remain motivated?
Friend, Hero, and All Around Good Guy. Sadly we couldn't get Superman, so you're stuck with me.
Hawkaris
First Video: 1337

Postby Hawkaris » 12 May 2008, 14:14

What was your first online alias (i.e. screen-name, handle, etc.) that you used with some regularity? Do you still use it?

What is your preferred snack food: When writing a script? During filming? While editing?
Last edited by Hawkaris on 12 May 2008, 20:04, edited 1 time in total.
Mechsae

Postby Mechsae » 12 May 2008, 16:15

(Name is pronounced 'Mech-Sigh, incase someone tries to read who asked this question during the podcast.)

Taking into consideration that the Summer movie season has already begun, whihc movies this Summer were you looking forward to the most and if it already came out, what was your opinion on it?

Return to “LRRcast”