May 22 :: Bagel Time

Talk about this week's LRRcast and what you'd like to see in future ones.
User avatar
Graham
Super Moderator
Posts: 15038
Joined: 09 Mar 2004, 19:37
Location: Victoria, BC
Contact:

May 22 :: Bagel Time

Postby Graham » 22 May 2008, 15:14

It's go time!
User avatar
Pretzelcoatl
The Feathered Pretzel
Posts: 110
Joined: 30 Mar 2007, 23:31
Location: Hangin' with the cool kids.

Postby Pretzelcoatl » 22 May 2008, 15:16

I'm going to sing that song about every single noun I see.
"Let us prepare to grapple with the ineffable itself, and see if we may not eff it after all."
~Douglas Adams
User avatar
kkief02
Posts: 1935
Joined: 29 Oct 2007, 15:19
Location: Oregon ^-^
Contact:

Postby kkief02 » 22 May 2008, 15:53

Podcast woooo!

Edit: soo is that an actual challenge...... and if so what exactly is it, i wasn't able to hear it correctly because of the laughing being so loud.
Image
Image
Graham wrote:It was less "filler" and more "I'm Morgan! I want to show off my hat! I have sex with dead horses!"
User avatar
jtaylor
ASCII Ninja
Posts: 999
Joined: 16 Apr 2007, 16:32
First Video: Talk Like a Pirate

Postby jtaylor » 22 May 2008, 16:06

hooray me!
User avatar
Melendwyr
Grand Wiki Theodore
Posts: 1879
Joined: 21 Sep 2006, 15:15
Location: Middle of Nowhere

Postby Melendwyr » 22 May 2008, 16:43

I actually thought it was Friday this morning... sorry, Graham.

Although, on the plus side, my posting the thread made me aware that it was actually Thursday. Since Friday is our Wear-Jeans-To-Work-Day, and it's forbidden on other days, that was very important. So... thanks, everybody.
"...so he turns to me, and he says 'Why so serious?' He puts the blade in my mouth, and says 'Why so serious?
Let's put a smile on that face!
'"
User avatar
Melendwyr
Grand Wiki Theodore
Posts: 1879
Joined: 21 Sep 2006, 15:15
Location: Middle of Nowhere

Postby Melendwyr » 22 May 2008, 17:01

Y'know, if we go by your Alexa ratings, your viewership numbers have only increased with time.
"...so he turns to me, and he says 'Why so serious?' He puts the blade in my mouth, and says 'Why so serious?
Let's put a smile on that face!
'"
User avatar
Keith K
Posts: 686
Joined: 08 Feb 2008, 08:56
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Keith K » 22 May 2008, 17:26

As a long-time PS3 owner and a non-Xbox owner, I have to concede that Microsoft will win. The PS3 will not catch up. The PS3 is NOT in an upswing.. in fact the PS3 is getting worse.

Sony fucks up over and over and over and they're not improving. It's gotten to a point that EVERYTHING uttered by Sony has to be considered a lie until it can be proven with significant evidence. Evidence which never arises... ever!

I bought into the system knowing eventually I will have to own one for FFXIII.. but being a diehard RPG fan, I feel like I've been completely abandoned by the brand. Xbox is definitely the place to be and until Square Enix can definitively prove that FFXIII is in fact REAL and not vapourware, PS3 simply has nothing going for it in my eyes.

MGS4 stands the chance of being the first title of being a breakthrough exclusive.. but if you pull back in all objectivity, you'll realize that its been done to death and its not worth dropping another $400, $500 or even $600 for a system to play.

If you don't have a PS3, don't buy one until FFXIII gets an American release date.. and dont start spouting that FFXIII will be a global release.. cause thats a pipedream.
User avatar
Valandil
Posts: 392
Joined: 07 Sep 2007, 15:48
Location: In England.

Postby Valandil » 22 May 2008, 17:54

Matt:

No idea what class you play, but I'm pretty much certain the item you're referring to is:

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=28034

That?
Wraith wrote:WHY DOES THIS KEEP GETTING HARDER?!
User avatar
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
Posts: 8913
Joined: 29 Apr 2005, 22:53
First Video: Door to Door
Location: In England.

Postby Lord Chrusher » 22 May 2008, 19:34

The next Total War game, Empire Total War, set from 1700 to early 1800s will include naval combat. Since Total War games are awesome this should be good naval combat.

Edit:
Somewhat unrelated but you could orbit underground, provided your tunnel was large enough and matched your orbit. Almost as large a problem as having a perfectly tunnel would be traveling fast enough - 8 kilometers per second. This would require that the orbital tunnel be vacuum.
Last edited by Lord Chrusher on 22 May 2008, 20:17, edited 1 time in total.
Image
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Image
User avatar
Dominic Appleguard
Posts: 1536
Joined: 24 Apr 2008, 20:05
Location: Chicago

Postby Dominic Appleguard » 22 May 2008, 19:55

Keith K wrote:It's gotten to a point that EVERYTHING uttered by Sony has to be considered a lie until it can be proven with significant evidence.


This much is undeniable. Sony have basically lost all of their credibility in public speaking. If Reggie went up and said the next Nintendo console would fondle the player's bottom at contextually appropriate points during gameplay, he would get a standing ovation. If Jack Tretton stood up at E3 to say that the PS4 "is going to have games", people would say, "pictures or it didn't happen".
User avatar
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
Posts: 9010
Joined: 13 Mar 2007, 19:20
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate
Location: Stroudsburg, PA
Contact:

Postby tak197 » 22 May 2008, 20:00

As for the non-Graham-posted podcast thread,

*facepalm*

EDIT: Not quite done with the Podcast yet, but I hope Matt's post-"procedure" recovery is going well. "Get well soon and DON'T EVER MAKE THOSE NOISES ON THE PODCAST AGAIN!"
Last edited by tak197 on 22 May 2008, 22:35, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Image
User avatar
JesterJ.
Posts: 6893
Joined: 12 Nov 2005, 23:00
Location: Seattle
Contact:

Postby JesterJ. » 22 May 2008, 20:25

Waait a second. I thought Wednesdays were supposed to be podcast night, but they were just always late and got here a day late. How did I possibly miss the switch? I guess I don't have to be disappointed every Wednesday night now, that's a relief...
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
User avatar
Evisr
Posts: 472
Joined: 12 Sep 2007, 15:45
Location: Edmonton, Alberta

Postby Evisr » 22 May 2008, 21:30

I hate you guys...

brb buying peggle now
User avatar
Lavos
Lavos
Posts: 4783
Joined: 01 Jan 2006, 23:48
First Video: 1337
Location: Vancouver BC

Postby Lavos » 22 May 2008, 21:51

BRUCIE = FPS DOUG
i dont know what's happening anymore
User avatar
Matt
LRR Crew
Posts: 9742
Joined: 14 Mar 2004, 00:19
Location: Victoria, BC
Contact:

Postby Matt » 22 May 2008, 22:33

Valandil wrote:Matt:

No idea what class you play, but I'm pretty much certain the item you're referring to is:

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=28034

That?


you would be wrong. as a healadin, the item I wanted was

http://thottbot.com/i28190

-m
Image

I am not angry at you.
User avatar
Graham
Super Moderator
Posts: 15038
Joined: 09 Mar 2004, 19:37
Location: Victoria, BC
Contact:

Postby Graham » 22 May 2008, 22:34

JesterJ. wrote:Waait a second. I thought Wednesdays were supposed to be podcast night, but they were just always late and got here a day late. How did I possibly miss the switch? I guess I don't have to be disappointed every Wednesday night now, that's a relief...

James moved the podcast release to Thursday when we shifted the videos to Monday to give more breathing room between the updates.
User avatar
ArmondoSC
Posts: 35
Joined: 03 Dec 2007, 03:45
Location: Location, location, location!

Postby ArmondoSC » 22 May 2008, 22:56

Graham wrote:James moved the podcast release to Thursday when we shifted the videos to Monday to give more breathing room between the updates.


:roll: Yeah, sure he did... James has proven himself to be a hard working, nose to the grindstone kinda guy... Nope, it's totally not because he's lazy or anything...
Tacos?
User avatar
Graham
Super Moderator
Posts: 15038
Joined: 09 Mar 2004, 19:37
Location: Victoria, BC
Contact:

Postby Graham » 22 May 2008, 23:09

He said it right there in the thread...
User avatar
Vaughn
Posts: 2894
Joined: 03 Jan 2008, 04:43
Location: Calgary, Alberta

Postby Vaughn » 23 May 2008, 00:09

Matt wrote:
Valandil wrote:Matt:

No idea what class you play, but I'm pretty much certain the item you're referring to is:

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=28034

That?


you would be wrong. as a healadin, the item I wanted was

http://thottbot.com/i28190

-m


Ive got both of those on my druid.

its funny, hes feral with fillers in resto. Hr can tank, dps, or heal. Cant heal heroics, but can tank or DPS them.

Fucking LOVE mah drewd. =3
Do the Catterpillar!
*wiggle wiggle*
User avatar
Valandil
Posts: 392
Joined: 07 Sep 2007, 15:48
Location: In England.

Postby Valandil » 23 May 2008, 03:53

Matt wrote:
Valandil wrote:Matt:

No idea what class you play, but I'm pretty much certain the item you're referring to is:

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=28034

That?


you would be wrong. as a healadin, the item I wanted was

http://thottbot.com/i28190

-m


Huh. You have seriously shitty luck. Normally people farm for ages for the Hourglass and see the Scarab drop every time.

Though having said that I ran Shadow Lab about 20 times trying to get the Robe of Oblivion on my priest pre-kara, but never saw the damn thing.

And, yeah. Druids kick ass. I wish I had the patience to level one. My priest frustrates me sometimes.
Wraith wrote:WHY DOES THIS KEEP GETTING HARDER?!
User avatar
Frost
Posts: 121
Joined: 28 Dec 2007, 18:31
Contact:

Postby Frost » 23 May 2008, 10:48

can't you buy the scarab?
Image
User avatar
Vaughn
Posts: 2894
Joined: 03 Jan 2008, 04:43
Location: Calgary, Alberta

Postby Vaughn » 23 May 2008, 11:04

Frost wrote:can't you buy the scarab?


no, thats the Blood of the Martyr or whatever.
Badges.
Do the Catterpillar!

*wiggle wiggle*
User avatar
Frost
Posts: 121
Joined: 28 Dec 2007, 18:31
Contact:

Postby Frost » 23 May 2008, 11:26

Dammit Vaughn I just lost 3 minuets to the eyebrows.
Image
What?
Posts: 145
Joined: 01 Nov 2007, 13:10

Postby What? » 23 May 2008, 19:32

Keith K wrote:As a long-time PS3 owner and a non-Xbox owner, I have to concede that Microsoft will win. The PS3 will not catch up. The PS3 is NOT in an upswing.. in fact the PS3 is getting worse.

Sony fucks up over and over and over and they're not improving. It's gotten to a point that EVERYTHING uttered by Sony has to be considered a lie until it can be proven with significant evidence. Evidence which never arises... ever!

I bought into the system knowing eventually I will have to own one for FFXIII.. but being a diehard RPG fan, I feel like I've been completely abandoned by the brand. Xbox is definitely the place to be and until Square Enix can definitively prove that FFXIII is in fact REAL and not vapourware, PS3 simply has nothing going for it in my eyes.

MGS4 stands the chance of being the first title of being a breakthrough exclusive.. but if you pull back in all objectivity, you'll realize that its been done to death and its not worth dropping another $400, $500 or even $600 for a system to play.

If you don't have a PS3, don't buy one until FFXIII gets an American release date.. and dont start spouting that FFXIII will be a global release.. cause thats a pipedream.


Dude, have you not heard of Disgaea 3?
User avatar
Vaughn
Posts: 2894
Joined: 03 Jan 2008, 04:43
Location: Calgary, Alberta

Postby Vaughn » 23 May 2008, 20:27

disgaea3 on PS3 makes me sad.
on the bright side, ive still got the last 2 worlds of Disgaea 1, and Disgaea2 to play. =D
Do the Catterpillar!

*wiggle wiggle*

Return to “LRRcast”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest