iTunes podcast

Talk about this week's LRRcast and what you'd like to see in future ones.
PickledMoog
Posts: 2
Joined: 04 Jun 2008, 05:01
Location: Birmingham, UK
Contact:

iTunes podcast

Postby PickledMoog » 04 Jun 2008, 05:04

Is the iTunes podcast feed broken. Mine will no longer update. It says the URL is not correct and I have checked that it exists.
For Sale: 1 ACME catapult -- hardly used.
User avatar
Paul
Super Moderator
Posts: 1000576
Joined: 15 Apr 2005, 18:31
First Video: Tetris
Location: Victoria, BC

Postby Paul » 04 Jun 2008, 10:03

The '&' in D&D was messing it up. should be ok now.
User avatar
Tensen01
Sketchasaurus Rex
Posts: 1780
Joined: 27 Sep 2004, 20:10
First Video: Who Watches Movies?
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Postby Tensen01 » 20 Jun 2008, 19:35

I would like to request podcasts older than The Divorce to be put on there.

I'd really like to have all the casts on my pod.
Image
User avatar
Evil Jim
Posts: 7265
Joined: 14 Jul 2007, 00:39
First Video: Shake Your Hands
Location: R'lyeh, Wisconsin
Contact:

Postby Evil Jim » 20 Jun 2008, 19:48

Tensen01 wrote:I would like to request podcasts older than The Divorce to be put on there.

I'd really like to have all the casts on my pod.

The archive goes all the way back to Hagiography Today.

Also, I'm surprised that the Fire Fox spellchecker recognized the word "Hagiography" as correct.
Image
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
User avatar
Tensen01
Sketchasaurus Rex
Posts: 1780
Joined: 27 Sep 2004, 20:10
First Video: Who Watches Movies?
Location: Colorado
Contact:

Postby Tensen01 » 20 Jun 2008, 20:54

Evil Jim wrote:
Tensen01 wrote:I would like to request podcasts older than The Divorce to be put on there.

I'd really like to have all the casts on my pod.

The archive goes all the way back to Hagiography Today.

Also, I'm surprised that the Fire Fox spellchecker recognized the word "Hagiography" as correct.


Not on iTunes it doesn't
Image
User avatar
Evil Jim
Posts: 7265
Joined: 14 Jul 2007, 00:39
First Video: Shake Your Hands
Location: R'lyeh, Wisconsin
Contact:

Postby Evil Jim » 20 Jun 2008, 20:57

Tensen01 wrote:Not on iTunes it doesn't

Why not download the MP3s from the archive & load those onto your iPod?
Image
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
User avatar
Paul
Super Moderator
Posts: 1000576
Joined: 15 Apr 2005, 18:31
First Video: Tetris
Location: Victoria, BC

Postby Paul » 20 Jun 2008, 23:31

The general idea with a RSS feed is to keep people up to date with new content not to archive everything. To this end, both LRR feeds only go back 10 items. Not only would it be impractical to have all 101 LRRcasts available through the RSS feed, it would also exceed Feedburner's maximum feed size.

You should be able to just download the mp3s of the LRRcasts and drag them into your iTunes library.
User avatar
Oshinagaki
Posts: 17
Joined: 14 Feb 2008, 21:29
Location: YOUR FACE
Contact:

Postby Oshinagaki » 24 Jul 2008, 23:00

i know this has been asked but how do you subscribe to the podcast via itunes? I forgot how ><
User avatar
ShortBreak
Posts: 82
Joined: 04 May 2008, 03:10
Location: Scotland
Contact:

Postby ShortBreak » 26 Jul 2008, 09:03

Oshinagaki, open up iTunes and in the search box put in 'Loadingreadyrun'. It should come up with the LRRcast and all you have to do is click 'Subscribe'
Hope this helps :D
User avatar
Kennsta
Posts: 50
Joined: 13 May 2008, 20:21
Location: Victoria

Postby Kennsta » 06 Aug 2008, 18:07

I'm on my Itunes podcast list and it says that "loadingreadyrun - Lrrcast" does not seem to be a valid URL.
please check you have entered the correct URL and try again
so what do i do? any suggestions?
"Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ..." -Louis Hector Berlioz

Return to “LRRcast”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests