July 31st :: Emergency Situation

Talk about this week's LRRcast and what you'd like to see in future ones.
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 01 Aug 2008, 15:27

While I support the idea of manned space travel I would like to see more the huge amount government funding of manned space travel spent on robotic missions which have a much higher scientific return.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Tetsubo

Postby Tetsubo » 01 Aug 2008, 20:46

Lord Chrusher wrote:While I support the idea of manned space travel I would like to see more the huge amount government funding of manned space travel spent on robotic missions which have a much higher scientific return.

We would have quite enough money for both if the US military budget were say cut in half. Not to mention funding everything else we need AND help knock down the deficit.
--
Tetsubo
--------------------------------------
Deviant Art: http://ironstaff.deviantart.com/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/tetsubo57
Telaril

Postby Telaril » 01 Aug 2008, 23:58

I just wanted to say that this podcast had one of the best intros ever. The connection to the video and Paul and Matt's delivery was perfect.

It's just a tiny little thing, but it cheered me immensely.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 02 Aug 2008, 10:10

Tetsubo wrote:
Lord Chrusher wrote:While I support the idea of manned space travel I would like to see more the huge amount government funding of manned space travel spent on robotic missions which have a much higher scientific return.

We would have quite enough money for both if the US military budget were say cut in half. Not to mention funding everything else we need AND help knock down the deficit.

The sad thing is, you're right. The money spent on the last 6 years of the War in Iraq is equal to the the entire budget of NASA since it's inception, plus a few more years. I tend to support the military in general (hell, my brother is in the Canadian army), but the American military seems vastly mis-managed, especially with the Iraq war.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Melendwyr
Grand Wiki Theodore

Postby Melendwyr » 02 Aug 2008, 10:40

Ditto, except for the part about manned space travel.
"...so he turns to me, and he says 'Why so serious?' He puts the blade in my mouth, and says 'Why so serious?
Let's put a smile on that face!
'"
Tetsubo

Postby Tetsubo » 02 Aug 2008, 11:00

Master Gunner wrote:
Tetsubo wrote:

The sad thing is, you're right. The money spent on the last 6 years of the War in Iraq is equal to the the entire budget of NASA since it's inception, plus a few more years. I tend to support the military in general (hell, my brother is in the Canadian army), but the American military seems vastly mis-managed, especially with the Iraq war.

Canada "lacks" the Military-Industrial collusion that exists in the US. I think that in general Canadian politicians are far less corrupt then their American counterparts. In the US it's just one step away from our politicians having actual price tags printed on their bodies.
--
Tetsubo
--------------------------------------
Deviant Art: http://ironstaff.deviantart.com/
YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/tetsubo57
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 02 Aug 2008, 18:19

Tetsubo wrote:In the US it's just one step away from our politicians having actual price tags printed on their bodies.

Or bullseyes on their chests and foreheads.
Frozengale

Postby Frozengale » 02 Aug 2008, 22:47

Paul wrote:you might as well be programming in LOLCODE.

OH WOW!!

I burst out laughing when I went and read those examples. That is amazing programming right there. I am now sorely tempted to learn LOLCODE just for, well the LOLs :lol:
If I ever come up with something witty or interesting I'm not going to display it in plain sight for you buffoons to steal away.
Melendwyr
Grand Wiki Theodore

Postby Melendwyr » 03 Aug 2008, 17:46

Regarding Montana's speed limits:

Were these crashes where one person hit another, or just where one person lost control and crashed?
"...so he turns to me, and he says 'Why so serious?' He puts the blade in my mouth, and says 'Why so serious?
Let's put a smile on that face!
'"
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 03 Aug 2008, 20:55

Melendwyr wrote:Were these crashes where one person hit another, or just where one person lost control and crashed?

Both.
Any speed-related collision resulting in fatality.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 07 Aug 2008, 18:21

Way, way, too early to start questioning when the podcast will be out, but...it's usually up by now. So...yeah...
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 07 Aug 2008, 18:52

Master Gunner wrote:Way, way, too early to start questioning when the podcast will be out, but...it's usually up by now. So...yeah...

James left his power cable up at the Underground Moonbase, but he's retrieved it now. It'll be up tonight.
James
LRR Crew

Postby James » 07 Aug 2008, 18:53

In fact It just finished uploading as you posted that message.
James
LRR Crew

Postby James » 07 Aug 2008, 18:58

but I messed it up. So now i have to re-export it and upload it again.
20 minutes and we should be golden.

Return to “LRRcast”