Aug 14th :: Ways to get a Ticket

Talk about this week's LRRcast and what you'd like to see in future ones.
User avatar
James
LRR Crew
Posts: 3007
Joined: 20 Mar 2004, 13:14
Location: Victoria
Contact:

Aug 14th :: Ways to get a Ticket

Postby James » 14 Aug 2008, 17:54

PODCAST IS A GO
LISTEN OR DIE LIKE THE REST
SERIOUSLY, GO!

You won't actually die, but you should listen to the podcast it is hilarious.
Also the 3 missing podcasts will be back within the next couple days. Finally sorted it out and should have them soon.
User avatar
Metcarfre
Posts: 13676
Joined: 08 Jul 2008, 13:52
First Video: Not Applicable
Location: Vancouver, B.C.

Postby Metcarfre » 14 Aug 2008, 17:59

Daggumit.
I'm saving it for work tomorrow, but since I already know the outcome...
ZOMG! Soo funny guyz!
User avatar
sevey
Posts: 228
Joined: 01 Sep 2006, 12:19
Location: Bottom Lane
Contact:

Postby sevey » 14 Aug 2008, 20:14

Nice podcast fellas. I got a laugh out of the "All the girls standing in the line for the bathroom" because if you've ever heard that song, that line is the only thing you remember. The song, btw, is Everybody Nose by N.E.R.D.
WaffleIronMan wrote:They all look the same in the dark...unless they're fat
User avatar
kkief02
Posts: 1935
Joined: 29 Oct 2007, 15:19
Location: Oregon ^-^
Contact:

Postby kkief02 » 14 Aug 2008, 21:13

We like to hear you Matt.... Or at least I do
Image
Image
Graham wrote:It was less "filler" and more "I'm Morgan! I want to show off my hat! I have sex with dead horses!"
User avatar
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
Posts: 9010
Joined: 13 Mar 2007, 19:20
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate
Location: Stroudsburg, PA
Contact:

Postby tak197 » 14 Aug 2008, 21:25

James, you say "bagel" like me, and it's a Philly thing. If you say "wood-er" (water), then it's official.

And 'Melk" is a Midwestern thing, not an "American" thing.
Image
Image
User avatar
spartanhelmet
Posts: 1072
Joined: 01 Aug 2008, 22:21
Location: Perth, Phailstralia
Contact:

Postby spartanhelmet » 14 Aug 2008, 21:47

So uhh.... any GW2 codes left over to be in a competition?

How about one involving bad writing? :)
User avatar
TimeCruiserMike
Posts: 154
Joined: 18 Jan 2008, 21:30
First Video: 1337
Location: North Hills, CA
Contact:

Postby TimeCruiserMike » 14 Aug 2008, 21:55

just a note on men vs women in restrooms . . .as a person who's had to clean the men's room and the women's room . . . i am in a position to know women are by far the nastier restroom visitors . .. my god the horrors . . . *shudder*
Image
User avatar
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
Posts: 8913
Joined: 29 Apr 2005, 22:53
First Video: Door to Door
Location: In England.

Postby Lord Chrusher » 14 Aug 2008, 22:10

The month is wrong in the file name for this week.

Hagiography Today is a season three video.
Image
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Image
Cybren
Posts: 1497
Joined: 29 Feb 2008, 14:38

Postby Cybren » 14 Aug 2008, 22:44

"don't be a douche" is my guiding life philosophy.
User avatar
LS
Posts: 129
Joined: 29 Feb 2008, 10:53
Location: The Internet
Contact:

Postby LS » 15 Aug 2008, 00:36

I read the blog, was interested, fully intended to do it, and decided that--since I'd already given a detailed and sexually explicit description of what I liked, and disliked, about the new site--I would refrain from attempting to steal the spotlight from someone with something that had not yet been voiced.

In the future, no such restraint shall be shown.

Consider yourselves warned.



(Also, I demand a web design segment to the podcast.)
Fancy Morgan: the Matt lover.
User avatar
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
Posts: 19383
Joined: 29 Oct 2006, 12:19
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate
Location: In Limbo.
Contact:

Postby Master Gunner » 15 Aug 2008, 04:29

I was going to send in a clip, but then I realized that I'm far too lazy to do that, so I didn't.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
User avatar
Radical Ans
Posts: 65
Joined: 03 Jan 2008, 12:12
Contact:

Postby Radical Ans » 15 Aug 2008, 10:28

I realized, as Graham was describing how he quotes things in everyday life, that I do the same thing. For example, I started using the line "you're a cigarette" from Clerks:TAS forever ago, and it's mutated into the canned response "You're a ____" where the blank is the last word or phrase they said. It doesn't always work out, like the time my GF said something was heavy and i shot back with "You're heavy" without even thinking.
User avatar
Jer
LRR Crew
Posts: 1738
Joined: 18 Mar 2004, 17:23
Location: Victoria
Contact:

Postby Jer » 15 Aug 2008, 11:04

POINT OF NOTE:

I DO, in fact, read my LRR email every day and have done for years. Upon looking through my filtered messages, however, I realize that some important relevant may have gotten junked, so I will endeavour to find anything recent and reply to it.

Considering the amount of spam that address gets (and the fact that my filter empties itself periodically) that will be no mean feat.
Image
User avatar
CygnusX1
Posts: 274
Joined: 20 Jun 2008, 08:58
Location: Toronto

Postby CygnusX1 » 15 Aug 2008, 12:08

crap, asklrr ended right before my question. is there some way we can disable editing in the asklrr question thread cause its garbage when people go back to their old posts and edit in like 10 new questions
we sometimes catch a window, a glimpse of what's beyond
http://www.underaglassmoon.wordpress.com
User avatar
Evil Jim
Posts: 7265
Joined: 14 Jul 2007, 00:39
First Video: Shake Your Hands
Location: R'lyeh, Wisconsin
Contact:

Postby Evil Jim » 15 Aug 2008, 19:17

I'm glad for the reminder because I forgot about last week's 15 seconds of fame bit. I recorded & sent mine in right away after listening to the LRRcast today.
Image
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
User avatar
achesst
Posts: 60
Joined: 12 Jun 2008, 23:21
Location: Da States

Postby achesst » 17 Aug 2008, 12:01

I feel I must correct one small misconception in the group's feelings about Jurassic Park.

"The black guy" as you called him, was actually Samuel L. Jackson. He was not sent to die, they sent him because he should have been able to kick the dinosaur's asses! I mean, if you have dinosaurs rampaging outside, who do you send but Samuel Mother F-ing Jackson? Exactly.
User avatar
Telekenesis
Posts: 49
Joined: 11 May 2008, 10:32
Location: Watching from Nova Scotia since Season 1

Postby Telekenesis » 18 Aug 2008, 08:01

How do you guys manage to mess up the podcast file titles so frequently? xD

jul14 is so 4 weeks ago.


Great podcast, though. I always love them. ^-^'



Edit;
I forgot to say..
In fact, I do see other women leaving the wash room without washing their hands. It's disgusting. =S
Image
Graham wrote:Clearly I'm dancing like a ninny intentionally.

Graham wrote:It's a lot of phun.
User avatar
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
Posts: 9010
Joined: 13 Mar 2007, 19:20
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate
Location: Stroudsburg, PA
Contact:

Postby tak197 » 18 Aug 2008, 21:58

I just had a thought while listening to this podcast regarding X in "X ways to Y". We are always thinking X is equal to a number as it used to be in S1.

BUT...

If we consider "Y" to be a verb, then why cant "X" be something OTHER than a number? X ways to Y could be as follows:

X: Funny, Odd, Good, Bad, Stupid, Dangerous, Silly, Overcomplicated...

Y: Get a ticket, cheat on a test, keep warm, Meet Chicks, Beat a Video Game,...

Which mean you could have:

Overcomplicated ways to Get a Ticket
Dangerous Ways to Meet Chicks
Bad Ways to Cheat on a Test

and so on.
Image
Image
User avatar
Metcarfre
Posts: 13676
Joined: 08 Jul 2008, 13:52
First Video: Not Applicable
Location: Vancouver, B.C.

Postby Metcarfre » 19 Aug 2008, 08:05

Hmmm...
I continue to find the podcasts too quiet, and difficult to listen to. My stereo is out of commission and therefore I can't hear it over my laptop speakers, with everything cranked. Can levels be adjusted? Anyone else?

Return to “LRRcast”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests