LRRcast for cHustle 05 - Street

Talk about this week's LRRcast and what you'd like to see in future ones.
ecocd
First Video: Desert Bus 2

Postby ecocd » 10 Feb 2009, 10:03

Graham wrote:Um, I'll happily release a real one.
Just give me a bit.

Thanks Graham.

By the way, do you ever find time to sleep?
James
LRR Crew

Postby James » 10 Feb 2009, 10:53

ecocd wrote:
Just give me a bit.

Thanks Graham.

By the way, do you ever find time to sleep?

He sleeps from the hours of 4am-11am (or there abouts)

Also I will post that picture of the three of you after I get home fromwork today.
the amativeness
Location: America, where everyone sues everyone, always, for everything.

Postby the amativeness » 10 Feb 2009, 11:00

Vaughn wrote:is there a #AAAAA or whatever code for a more accurate one? or is it just the Darkblue? =D

Hex Value of the Dark Blue background is #180094 (9.4% red, 58% blue). Not sure if you can select your own colors...

***BEGIN TEST***
Testing... Sweet! It works!
***END TEST***

{color=#180094}YOUR TEXT{/color} <--Just swap the {}s for []s.
zA: How do I relax?
Evil Jim: Jerk off.
Frozengale: You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.
Jillers
First Video: How to Talk LIke a Pirate

Postby Jillers » 10 Feb 2009, 11:18

Just give me a bit.

...just like the Where in the World is Jeremy Petter posters? :wink:
Team Cybershark

[subliminal] visit Geeking Out About [/subliminal]

~End Transmission~
Tim
proudfoot
First Video: Something funny.

Postby Tim » 10 Feb 2009, 11:22

Jillers wrote:Tim: There's are 2 extra levels on the DS, 1 introduced about 3/4 way through the game. Do that side quest, you will level up to the point where you can start the game and beat Lavos w/ Chrono.

Does it have anything to do with a golden hammer? I'm working on some kind of golden hammer sidequest because I just got Magus in my party and I can't beat that thing the Queen summons on the Dark Omen.
Special People: Superhero-with-a-twist web fiction, updating twice weekly.
Losing Freight: A sci-fi serial where readers vote on daily polls to shape the future of the story!
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 10 Feb 2009, 12:26

James wrote:
ecocd wrote:By the way, do you ever find time to sleep?

He sleeps from the hours of 4am-11am (or there abouts)

I had much more reasonable hours last night. 1:00AM - 10:00AM
Yay!
James
LRR Crew

Postby James » 10 Feb 2009, 15:50

Here is is folks, the very first pictures of Runners in the wild.

Also if anyone is interested my new flickr account is:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jameslrr/
Kag

Postby Kag » 10 Feb 2009, 16:57

Tim wrote:
Jillers wrote:Tim: There's are 2 extra levels on the DS, 1 introduced about 3/4 way through the game. Do that side quest, you will level up to the point where you can start the game and beat Lavos w/ Chrono.

Does it have anything to do with a golden hammer? I'm working on some kind of golden hammer sidequest because I just got Magus in my party and I can't beat that thing the Queen summons on the Dark Omen.
Yep. The Lost Sanctum (where the hammer is) is the first of the new areas. The other one is only accessible in New Game+.

And no, you can't screw yourself out of any endings. New Game + starts from the very beginning of the game, but you have all your phat loot and levels.
Jillers
First Video: How to Talk LIke a Pirate

Postby Jillers » 10 Feb 2009, 17:07

Tim wrote:

Yes, yes it does. It goes on a while, to the point of tedium, but you do gain a lot of levels from just grinding basically, and get some awesome equipment. And don't forget to go to the end of time and find the other side quests you can do before Lavos (the Black Omen is actually a side quest, you don't have to do it)
Team Cybershark

[subliminal] visit Geeking Out About [/subliminal]

~End Transmission~
AwesomeAndrew

Postby AwesomeAndrew » 10 Feb 2009, 19:26

So here's my 'meh' runner photo, basically it's me in a blue sweater with a nerf gun and one of the handwraps I had from when I boxed. I do have a blue nerf gun somewhere but I couldn't find it and personally I think nerf guns are pretty gangster.

Click Here to open it.
This signature is mediocre.
ChiUnit4evr
First Video: Fun with Microwaves

Postby ChiUnit4evr » 10 Feb 2009, 21:18

James wrote:Here is is folks, the very first pictures of Runners in the wild.

Also if anyone is interested my new flickr account is:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/jameslrr/
I spy with my little eye, a think geek 8bit tie.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 11 Feb 2009, 01:45

AwesomeAndrew wrote:I do have a blue nerf gun somewhere but I couldn't find it and personally I think nerf guns are pretty gangster.
If ya got a kickin' crib...
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Ollie, don'tcha know!
First Video: Bagel Time

Postby Ollie, don'tcha know! » 11 Feb 2009, 10:03

Not much on the clothes side of things, but I've got a electric guitar that is very LRRunners if you want a pic...
I think this place is full of spies. I think they're onto me.
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 11 Feb 2009, 10:09

Sorry, I have to chime in on this one - how exactly does one go through life without owning components of clothing that are black or blue?

Black is basically an essential for day to day fasion, particularly if you have a job.

My costume for the video was blue jeans, a black dress shirt, a blue tie and a blue coat.

You can get a blue bandana for what, $1.50?

If you wnat to participate, go to your local dollar store, pick up a bandana, and hit a thrift store for some accents.

Get creative, people!

-m

I am not angry at you.
Ollie, don'tcha know!

Postby Ollie, don'tcha know! » 11 Feb 2009, 10:23

Matt wrote:Sorry, I have to chime in on this one - how exactly does one go through life without owning components of clothing that are black or blue?

Black is basically an essential for day to day fasion, particularly if you have a job.

My costume for the video was blue jeans, a black dress shirt, a blue tie and a blue coat.

If you wnat to participate, go to your local dollar store, pick up a bandana, and hit a thrift store for some accents.

Get creative, people!

-m

The only black and blue clothes I have have other colours on the as well that aren't LRR at all, and thse that do are pretty boring and not that special. I'll hav another look, but not everyone has black adn blue clothes that are perfect for LRR (it's not a primary concern when buying clothes).
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 11 Feb 2009, 10:38

Ollie, don'tcha know! wrote:
Matt wrote:Sorry, I have to chime in on this one - how exactly does one go through life without owning components of clothing that are black or blue?

Get creative, people!

-m

The only black and blue clothes I have have other colours on the as well that aren't LRR at all, and thse that do are pretty boring and not that special. I'll hav another look, but not everyone has black adn blue clothes that are perfect for LRR (it's not a primary concern when buying clothes).

My point ans't that everyone should be buying clothes with LRR as a consideration - my point was that everyone should own somethign black, so it shouldn't be too hard or expensive to find a way to drop blue accents in if you have a little creativity.

I can understand the odd person not having enough options to make a go of it, but we have a whopping 3 pictures so far on a forum of several hundred. Surely people own black pants or a black shirt?

-m

I am not angry at you.
Sable
The Master Chef
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sable » 11 Feb 2009, 10:51

I will have something up before the end of the week, I'm just waiting on a lens to show up.
James
LRR Crew

Postby James » 11 Feb 2009, 10:52

Sable wrote:I will have something up before the end of the week, I'm just waiting on a lens to show up.

What lens?
Sable
The Master Chef

Postby Sable » 11 Feb 2009, 11:01

James wrote:
Sable wrote:I will have something up before the end of the week, I'm just waiting on a lens to show up.

What lens?

Canon's 85mm f/1.2 L - my f/2.8 zoom isn't quite wide enough to get decent-ISO shots in the kind of lighting I generally have available, so, ultra-wide aperture get!

It's just a rental, sadly. While I'd love to throw down 1800USD on a lens, 100 bucks for a 7 day rental (with insurance and shipping!) is hard to beat.
James
LRR Crew

Postby James » 11 Feb 2009, 11:37

Neat, where did you rent it from?

I have actually had a chance to play with that lens for a couple minutes while I was in Mexico, it pretty damn sweet.
Sable
The Master Chef

Postby Sable » 11 Feb 2009, 12:24

James wrote:Neat, where did you rent it from?

I have actually had a chance to play with that lens for a couple minutes while I was in Mexico, it pretty damn sweet.

I rent all my bodies and lenses from LensRentals.com - they're located down in California, but I believe they will rent to Canadaland if you talk to them for a few minutes. They're astoundingly reasonable, and all of their equipment has looked brand-new.

To veer wildly off-topic, after having shorted out my 30D again (and paid for the painfully expensive repair), I am looking for a weather-sealed system. Unfortunately, Canon's weather-sealed options are exclusively the 1D cameras (4000-6500 bucks) while every Nikon from the D300 up carries very rugged sealing. I'm trying to decide if I want to reinvest in Nikon gear, or man up and buy the 1Ds Mark III I've been ogling for the past two years.
Ollie, don'tcha know!

Postby Ollie, don'tcha know! » 11 Feb 2009, 12:28

Yay. I've managed to fnd something that works. Bad news is I've left it a bit late and won't be able to take a pic until Saturday next week, as I'm packing tonight and am going away tomorrow morning. I just hpe the competition is still on then...
James
LRR Crew

Postby James » 11 Feb 2009, 12:54

Sable wrote:
James wrote:Neat, where did you rent it from?

I rent all my bodies and lenses from LensRentals.com - they're located down in California, but I believe they will rent to Canadaland if you talk to them for a few minutes. They're astoundingly reasonable, and all of their equipment has looked brand-new.

To veer wildly off-topic, after having shorted out my 30D again (and paid for the painfully expensive repair), I am looking for a weather-sealed system. Unfortunately, Canon's weather-sealed options are exclusively the 1D cameras (4000-6500 bucks) while every Nikon from the D300 up carries very rugged sealing. I'm trying to decide if I want to reinvest in Nikon gear, or man up and buy the 1Ds Mark III I've been ogling for the past two years.

That's a pretty big call. From the little I have seen, you seem to be pretty invested in Canon. Personally I couldn't be happier with my decision to go Nikon and would defiantly recommend it. What Body are you looking at getting? I have read great reviews for the D300 or given that you are toying with the idea of dropping 4000-6500 on the Mark 3 you could even look into the D700 or the D3 (D3x is priced so high its stupid)
Cuttlefishman
First Video: Field Guide to Homo Mortuus

Postby Cuttlefishman » 11 Feb 2009, 13:23

I'd thought I might post my runner get up. Note that I cannot preform "Gangsta" symbols.

Valete Omnes
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 11 Feb 2009, 13:26

That's a lotta blue...
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness

Return to “LRRcast”