LRRcast for Fun with Microwaves 2

Talk about this week's LRRcast and what you'd like to see in future ones.
RytelCSF
First Video: Son of a Bitch

Postby RytelCSF » 02 Mar 2009, 13:16

DmitriW wrote:Alex's should have the final Failcount chiseled into it.

Or alternatively, "Immortality Fail Count: 1"
Unclever title

Postby Unclever title » 02 Mar 2009, 16:24

I like the new mics, Graham has got this sultryness now that's hard to describe, but it's nice that people aren't yelling and there seems to be less talking over each other going on (not that there was much on a regular basis) There's definitely more bass but that might just be the balance.

It sounds like you guys need to re-balance a little, work on proper mic placement and other stuff I don't really know how to do except out of trial and error. Ultimately though unlike your previous mic experiments for podcasting I think this setup CAN be better than the laptop mic, though it will require a little more precise control, at least initially.
My train of thought is more like a roller coaster that has loop de loops and no safety bars.
I don't know if I'm tall enough to ride.
Nevrmore
Supreme Testicle Manager

Postby Nevrmore » 03 Mar 2009, 19:03

On the topic of Dane Cook being included in the memoriam (or not) if he were to die, Graham mentioned that it's only people who matter who get included. Now I admit that I didn't watch the Oscars this year (or ever. Bunch of trite bullshit if you ask me, but that's beside the point), I was told that in the memoriam, George Carlin wasn't included.

If both of these things are true, I am now going to destroy the Oscars and maliciously murder everyone involved.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 03 Mar 2009, 19:47

Nevrmore wrote:On the topic of Dane Cook being included in the memoriam (or not) if he were to die, Graham mentioned that it's only people who matter who get included. Now I admit that I didn't watch the Oscars this year (or ever. Bunch of trite bullshit if you ask me, but that's beside the point), I was told that in the memoriam, George Carlin wasn't included.

If both of these things are true, I am now going to destroy the Oscars and maliciously murder everyone involved.

According to this LA Weekly writer's blog posting, Eartha Kitt, George Carlin, Don LaFontaine, Patrick McGoohan, and a few other notable people were left off, but the AMPAS allowed some film critic (who the hell is Manny Farber?) to be in the montage this year, after they refused to put Gene Siskel on the montage in 1999.

The Oscars: fucking up dead people's memoriams for decades...

So Nevrmore, which would you rather brandish, the torch or the pitchfork? I want to know because I would need to sharpen the pitchfork if I'm using it.
Nevrmore
Supreme Testicle Manager

Postby Nevrmore » 03 Mar 2009, 19:56

tak197 wrote:According to this LA Weekly writer's blog posting, Eartha Kitt, George Carlin, Don LaFontaine, Patrick McGoohan, and a few other notable people were left off, but the AMPAS allowed some film critic (who the hell is Manny Farber?) to be in the montage this year, after they refused to put Gene Siskel on the montage in 1999.

The Oscars: fucking up dead people's memoriams for decades...

So Nevrmore, which would you rather brandish, the torch or the pitchfork? I want to know because I would need to sharpen the pitchfork if I'm using it.

Neither. In these situations, I bring my Rapegun.

*cocks rapegun.

In every sense of the word*

Let's go a-killin'.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 03 Mar 2009, 21:23

To be fair, Eartha Kitt, George Carlin and Patrick McGoohan were probably best known for their roles on TV (or stand-up) than in film.
But yeah...
Nevrmore
Supreme Testicle Manager

Postby Nevrmore » 03 Mar 2009, 21:27

The rapegun does not acknowledge excuses!
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 03 Mar 2009, 21:28

Leaving Don LaFontaine out alone qualifies for a lynching.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
billyjr82

Postby billyjr82 » 04 Mar 2009, 16:26

Graham-

There's a really easy way to get the karma achievements (in one play through if you plan for it). Just play however you want and just before you level up at the appropriate levels, (save) and then either steal from Dukov (that pimp near the west edge of DC) to lower your karma without increasing XP, or donate 2000 to the church of atom to raise your karma. Though if you blow up megaton I don't know of any quick ways to raise your karma.

On the first play through, the easiest way is to just be a good guy, save at levels 7, 13, and 19, steal enough from dukov to become the appropriate karma, and level up.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 04 Mar 2009, 19:01

I actually just did that, based on an email I got detailing the strategy.
Can't believe I hadn't thought of that.
Happened to have saves at levels 5, 13 and 19, so yay!

Then I downloaded Operation: Anchorage and beat that.
All 54 achievements, huzzah!
Terin

Postby Terin » 12 Mar 2009, 16:13

Then the Pitt and Broken Steel comes out. More torment ensues.

I think that the Broken Steel DLC will be the most interesting, mainly because of how the ending will be ret-conned, and how exactly the Enclave can pose much of a threat that DLC could cover.

At least having clean water in the rivers will be fun. No longer will need to drink from the purified toilets of Tenpenny Tower.

Return to “LRRcast”