LRRcast for Terms of Friendship

Talk about this week's LRRcast and what you'd like to see in future ones.
RytelCSF
First Video: Son of a Bitch

Postby RytelCSF » 16 Mar 2009, 15:45

I do enjoy XKCD, but it seriously bugs me that its success has meant that you can't so much as draw a stick figure without someone claiming that it's an homage to the comic at best and a ripoff to it at worst.

Seriously. It's a stick figure. They've been around for a while, people.

Though that's really less a criticism of the comic and more one of the internet.
goat

Postby goat » 16 Mar 2009, 18:10

Elomin Sha wrote:
Lyinginbedmon wrote:
Elomin Sha wrote:Nice one smeghead.
No need to be cruel Elomin

You're a total total...a word hasn't be made to describe how totally...you are but you are one. And a total one at that.

My skills with MSpaint aren't good enough to make that... "better". Perhaps I should break down and learn 'shop.

First James is all over Matt, now Graham totally wants to frack James. I smell love triangle.

As far as webcomics are concerned, how could you pass over Cyanide and Happiness? (http://www.explosm.net/comics/1591/)
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 16 Mar 2009, 19:15

goat wrote:First James is all over Matt, now Graham totally wants to frack James. I smell love triangle.

Matt and Graham are "roommates" too, so you know there is something there.

I'm surprised that with all the girls in this forum, not ONE of them has written a multi-page LRR slashfic (the awesome Roddy and Riley slash notwithstanding). Seriously, my friend Aly writes slashfics that are the stuff of nightmares (her latest one? It ENDS with BDSM Argus Filch and Madam Hooch *shudder*).
Terin

Postby Terin » 16 Mar 2009, 19:28

I'm probably glad I've never seen one of these so-called "slashfics". I don't know exactly what they are, but I can infer from context.

Also, no one from LRR has looked at Concerned? It's a great comic, that lasted about a year or so, and is based around Half Life 2. Just take a look at it, it's not like the other webcomics out there. (at least, in my opinion)
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 17 Mar 2009, 11:23

They've likely seen it, but because it's ended, they didn't think about it. It's being posted here several times before, and I seem to recall someone from the crew mentioning it at some point.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Yukikaze

Postby Yukikaze » 17 Mar 2009, 14:00

(mid-podcast post)

By the by, I've mentioned that as soon as someone makes a PS2 emulator for Linux, you can just install YellowDog on your PS3 and you're good.

On that topic...PS2 emulator available for Linux

Anybody with a PS3, this is your opportunity to add backwards compatability if you didn't have it before. If you try it out, please tell us how well it works.
mias

Postby mias » 17 Mar 2009, 17:05

BILL: have you read Survivor yet? Or Diary? I agree that Fight Club remains Chuck's best work, but those two are probably tied for second on my list. Nobody really mentions Diary, which is a shame, because I feel like it's an unappreciated gem; not as zany as Choke or Survivor, but totally strange and suspenseful, and definitely the one I want to make into a movie.

Also, mid-podcast while everyone was answering the question of favourite Parker/Stone songs, I kept wondering when or if the La Resistance medley would pop up. Hands down one of the best songs in the movie, definitely the one I listen to most. I really wish they could have played that at the Oscars!
Godzpunchingbag
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby Godzpunchingbag » 18 Mar 2009, 23:12

LMAO "I want to frak your goramn brains out"
TorachiKatashi

Postby TorachiKatashi » 19 Mar 2009, 08:21

tak197 wrote:
goat wrote:First James is all over Matt, now Graham totally wants to frack James. I smell love triangle.

I'm surprised that with all the girls in this forum, not ONE of them has written a multi-page LRR slashfic (the awesome Roddy and Riley slash notwithstanding). Seriously, my friend Aly writes slashfics that are the stuff of nightmares (her latest one? It ENDS with BDSM Argus Filch and Madam Hooch *shudder*).

I'm awfully, awfully tempted. That sounds amazingly fun to write. xD!
Mats

Postby Mats » 20 Mar 2009, 13:03

On a side note, I do believe that Firefly fans are calling themselves "Browncoats".
Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 20 Mar 2009, 13:07

Mats wrote:On a side note, I do believe that Firefly fans are calling themselves "Browncoats".

didn't we say that in the podcast?

-m

I am not angry at you.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 20 Mar 2009, 13:22

Matt wrote:
Mats wrote:On a side note, I do believe that Firefly fans are calling themselves "Browncoats".

-m
They also call themselves Flans.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
goat

Postby goat » 20 Mar 2009, 13:28

TorachiKatashi wrote:
tak197 wrote:

I'm awfully, awfully tempted. That sounds amazingly fun to write. xD!

Let me go on record and say that I'm totally not interested in reading it, I just want to know that one exists, just for the awkward. So....

DO IT
Mats

Postby Mats » 20 Mar 2009, 22:03

Matt wrote:

-m

Must have missed it then, I was sure you wondered what it was but didn't remember on the spot.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 22 Mar 2009, 17:52

Smeghead wrote:Image

...so.... yeah

I apologize for calling people out for not doing these in the recent podcast.

This is hilarious.
Smeghead
Bear Hunter S
First Video: The Writers Room

Postby Smeghead » 30 Mar 2009, 22:56

Thank you :)
DocHoladay

Black Hole

Postby DocHoladay » 11 Apr 2009, 12:59

I just have to say, Black Hole messed me up when I was a kid. I actually thought I made it all up until I found a pop up book a few years ago. I'd like to see it again though, just to refresh my memory.
The doctor is in.....sane....

Return to “LRRcast”