LRRCast for A Standup Guy

Talk about this week's LRRcast and what you'd like to see in future ones.
Matt
LRR Crew

Re: LRRCast for A Standup Guy

Postby Matt » 03 Jun 2009, 07:37

tak197 wrote:Also, for Matt and anyone else, Ares is the God of war, Aries is the sign of The Ram.

we figured that out quietly, behind the scenes of the podcast.

-m

I am not angry at you.
ANeMzero
First Video: 1337

Postby ANeMzero » 03 Jun 2009, 14:39

Ribonizer wrote:I have a friend who's like, totally the opposite in some weird homophobic reaction. Where he can't get into a game if the main character is a girl. No matter how fucking awesome the game, or the girl, can be, example: Castlevania Order of Ecclesia -_-

Maybe he was traumatized earlier in life by the ending to Metroid.
and now; back to me.
Ribonizer

Postby Ribonizer » 03 Jun 2009, 22:54

ANeMzero wrote:Maybe he was traumatized earlier in life by the ending to Metroid.

Haha, I sure hope so!
I have a Zero Suit Samus figure pre-ordered XD
It'll traumatize him
GA ga daisuki~
Nevrmore
Supreme Testicle Manager

Postby Nevrmore » 06 Jun 2009, 14:44

Uncharted wasn't that great, mostly because it was absolutely crippled by the slippery aiming. I'm told that you could set the sensitivity of the analog stick in the options menu, but I wasn't aware of that when I was playing, so the whole game I had to keep superconscious control over my thumb during firefights because the slightest twitch could send Drake's gaze from one point of the room to another, opening him up to the sometimes aggressively cheap aiming of every enemy in the area while I fumbled to try and reposition the reticle.

If the multiplayer beta for Uncharted 2 can be used as a measuring stick for the game itself, though, the aiming seems to have been tightened up to a more tolerable degree, so that's good. Also it's fun to punch people to death. I'll probably check it out.
Genghis Ares
First Video: ArmEGAddon

Postby Genghis Ares » 07 Jun 2009, 21:57

Matt wrote:
tak197 wrote:Also, for Matt and anyone else, Ares is the God of war, Aries is the sign of The Ram.

we figured that out quietly, behind the scenes of the podcast.

-m

I thought that bit was funny. But Graham's pronunciation is exactly how I intended and as it should be as far as I know.

Sweet, my first LrrCast post took 19 minutes to answer.
nahashon

Postby nahashon » 07 Jul 2009, 20:20

I have been away from LRR for a good six months, so have been listening to a lot of old podcasts. I had to post this purely because I am grinding in WoW listening to Bill on the podcast talking about grinding to podcasts....

Return to “LRRcast”