LRRCast for commodoreHUSTLE 10

Talk about this week's LRRcast and what you'd like to see in future ones.
Jer
LRR Crew

LRRCast for commodoreHUSTLE 10

Postby Jer » 18 Jul 2009, 09:01

Ok, it's late and I'm sorry :(. Better listen to it quick, though, as the next one will be up soon ;).
Chfan

Re: LRRCast for commodoreHUSTLE 10

Postby Chfan » 18 Jul 2009, 09:03

It's all right, Jer. I haven't had a computer, so I'm actually glad it was late.
Well, hallo there.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 18 Jul 2009, 09:22

By "soon" do you mean "a month from now"?

Also, third-to-last is Antepenultimate I believe.
Last edited by Master Gunner on 18 Jul 2009, 09:23, edited 1 time in total.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Tensen01
Sketchasaurus Rex
First Video: Who Watches Movies?

Postby Tensen01 » 18 Jul 2009, 09:23

Antepenultimate
His_Ryanness
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming (I think)

Postby His_Ryanness » 18 Jul 2009, 10:27

Hahaha, watched the video again. Jer changes shirts at the end of the DnD scene. Presumably you shot the next scene he shows up in wearing that shirt first?
This signature has been designed by neuroscientists to render you sterile upon reading.
YamaroV2

Postby YamaroV2 » 18 Jul 2009, 11:04

Hey, uhm, graham? US snes's can play japanese games just fine, all you have to do is snap some plastic inside the cartridge slot.

And Japan is NTSC-J, not PAL. PAL is europe.
No longer your barrel-rolling monkey.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 18 Jul 2009, 14:08

So Jer, if you took your mom's last name, then your name would mean "Chosen by God to win"... why haven't you changed it yet?
King Kool
Quality and Quantity

Postby King Kool » 18 Jul 2009, 14:29

Ramadamagulitamultimate.
a winner is you. - Ash
King Kool, you are wrong. - Graham
King Kool, shut your face. - James
This thread was creepy until KingKool made it AWESOME. - Tombrend
Why this obsession with foam implements? - Metcarfre
Dave-O_Boy
First Video: Unskipable

Postby Dave-O_Boy » 18 Jul 2009, 16:12

Super Facomi(sp?) games work on a SNES. I use to have Rock Man X and Fatal Fury Special.
Also I had a game copier for SNES. Oh man that thing was so cool.
Yaxley
First Video: Lock Out

Postby Yaxley » 18 Jul 2009, 16:39

Quite frankly, I am sick of this Virtual Boy bashing. Yes, every game automatically paused every 10-30 minutes to keep players from hurting themselves, but if you actually took that seriously, you are weak.

I would play Galactic Pinball for hours at a time. HOURS, I tell you. And I suffered no ill effects. I mean, I almost failed algebra that semester, but that wasn't the Virtual Boy's fault.

I always felt that the problem with the Virtual Boy was that it acted like a portable game system that wasn't actually portable. It was also a system you played in isolation, which was okay for a game system you could play in a car, but not for one you had to play in the living room. Not to mention that while it had some decent games, no major Nintendo franchises ever got to it. Yeah, there was a Wario game (which was actually very good), but there was no Mario, no Zelda, no Metroid, no Castlevania. And there wasn't a single RPG for it. On the one hand, I understand that. If the game system makes some people ill if they play it to long, a game that take 40+ hours to complete is out of the question. But I wasn't one of the people that got sick from it. And a Final Fantasy game where I could see nothing but graphics and hear, with headphones, nothing but sound, would have been the best, most immersive game ever, at least for me.

Until I failed a math class, I guess.
Nevrmore
Supreme Testicle Manager

Postby Nevrmore » 18 Jul 2009, 17:05

Yaxley wrote:Quite frankly, I am sick of this Virtual Boy bashing. Yes, every game automatically paused every 10-30 minutes to keep players from hurting themselves, but if you actually took that seriously, you are weak.

I would play Galactic Pinball for hours at a time. HOURS, I tell you. And I suffered no ill effects. I mean, I almost failed algebra that semester, but that wasn't the Virtual Boy's fault.

Yeah, and come to think of it, I've had enough of everybody complaining about how flashing strobe lights give them headaches or, in some particularly weak people, induce seizures! I've stared at strobelights for several minutes on end with absolutely no problems! "Epilepsy?" More like Pussylepsy, am I right, guys??
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 18 Jul 2009, 18:15

Hmmm....was Meagan one of the upside-down girls at Desert Bus, I certainly recall seeing her there....

Also, I got the impression on the previous D&D scene with the surprise round that Jer ran out after his dragon died, so the game ended then, without the completion of the surprise round. After he found out he was using weighted die, Jer would have started from the beginning with working die, and killed them all in the surprise round.
Last edited by Master Gunner on 18 Jul 2009, 18:31, edited 1 time in total.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Chfan

Postby Chfan » 18 Jul 2009, 18:19

God, shut up about Halo...
Well, hallo there.
Accjrb

Postby Accjrb » 18 Jul 2009, 18:32

Nope it's preantepenultimate.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/preantepenultimate

1. (chiefly phonetics)[1] Three before the end; fourth to last.[1]

This book has ten chapters; therefore, chapter seven is the preantepenultimate one.
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 18 Jul 2009, 18:41

You're right, but also wrong. It all comes down to what they were asking for. As the definition says, it's the fourth to last. So it would go:

Chapter 7- Preantepenultimate
Chapter 8- Antepenultimate
Chapter 9- Penultimate
Chapter 10- Ultimate

So Antepenultimate, or third-to-last, is what comes before Penultimate (making cH 9-Growl the antepenultimate episode), and before that comes Preantepenultimate (which would be cH 8-Investigation).
A Model Worker

Postby A Model Worker » 18 Jul 2009, 20:24

Yaxley wrote:I always felt that the problem with the Virtual Boy was that it acted like a portable game system that wasn't actually portable. It was also a system you played in isolation, which was okay for a game system you could play in a car, but not for one you had to play in the living room. Not to mention that while it had some decent games, no major Nintendo franchises ever got to it. Yeah, there was a Wario game (which was actually very good), but there was no Mario, no Zelda, no Metroid, no Castlevania.

Don't forget Teleroboxer, which really deserves to be considered part of the Punch Out series. (Made by that dev. team and plays really like one)

Also it managed to have a game based on the movie Waterworld, that actually somehow managed to defy all odds and be good.

(As a full disclosure, I do own every US released virtual boy game except for the one staring the characters from SMT/Persona Jack Bros. and the baseball game. Many of which were purchased from blockbuster for 99 cents)
Processing the hell out of your natural language since 2008
sdhonda
First Video: Fun With Microwaves

Postby sdhonda » 19 Jul 2009, 02:01

DAMNIT PETTER, JUST HAD TO HAVE THAT FISH DID'NT'CHA!
sdhonda
First Video: Fun With Microwaves

Postby sdhonda » 19 Jul 2009, 02:04

A Model Worker wrote:
Yaxley wrote:I always felt that the problem with the Virtual Boy was that it acted like a portable game system that wasn't actually portable. It was also a system you played in isolation, which was okay for a game system you could play in a car, but not for one you had to play in the living room. Not to mention that while it had some decent games, no major Nintendo franchises ever got to it. Yeah, there was a Wario game (which was actually very good), but there was no Mario, no Zelda, no Metroid, no Castlevania.

Don't forget Teleroboxer, which really deserves to be considered part of the Punch Out series. (Made by that dev. team and plays really like one)

Also it managed to have a game based on the movie Waterworld, that actually somehow managed to defy all odds and be good.

(As a full disclosure, I do own every US released virtual boy game except for the one staring the characters from SMT/Persona Jack Bros. and the baseball game. Many of which were purchased from blockbuster for 99 cents)

Didn't the AVGN pay through the roof for his (near) complete collection?
Angelic_Incubi

Postby Angelic_Incubi » 19 Jul 2009, 02:37

Okay, This is my first post and it's because it's the only way I could ever maybe convince you guys to come down to Melbourne Australia.

Baked Potatoe Restaurant? Spudbar, it exists and is in Melbourne! Imagine Subway but without bread, with a Baked Potatoe and alot more shit to put on it. Also sorry you can't copy-write it.
Dave-O_Boy
First Video: Unskipable

Postby Dave-O_Boy » 19 Jul 2009, 02:38

Copyright.. *twitch*
Master Gunner wrote:Chapter 7- Preantepenultimate

This is now on my favorite word list. Along with Paramnesia, Phantasmagoria, Pseudembryo, and some other words that begin with "p."
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 19 Jul 2009, 03:31

Master Gunner wrote:You're right, but also wrong. It all comes down to what they were asking for. As the definition says, it's the fourth to last. So it would go:

cHustle 8- Preantepenultimate
cHustle 9- Antepenultimate
cHustle 10- Penultimate
cHustle 11- Ultimate

So Antepenultimate, or third-to-last, is what comes before Penultimate (making cH 9-Growl the antepenultimate episode), and before that comes Preantepenultimate (which would be cH 8-Investigation).

It took me a second to realize what you were saying, Gunner. So I fixed it for you.
Master Gunner

Postby Master Gunner » 19 Jul 2009, 04:46

That works too, I was just going with his example first before switching over to Hustle.
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 19 Jul 2009, 05:47

I've always been told it was penipenultimate (penny-pen-ultimate)
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
goat

Postby goat » 19 Jul 2009, 07:18

Dave-O_Boy wrote:Copyright.. *twitch*
Master Gunner wrote:Chapter 7- Preantepenultimate

This is now on my favorite word list. Along with Paramnesia, Phantasmagoria, Pseudembryo, and some other words that begin with "p."

*shifty eyes*

penis

(sorry dave-o)
Angelic_Incubi

Postby Angelic_Incubi » 19 Jul 2009, 09:03

Dave-O_Boy wrote:Copyright.. *twitch*

Sorry... :( I have an unfortunately accute sense of dyslexia... it works with homophones aswell.

Return to “LRRcast”