LRRcast for Killer Instinct

Talk about this week's LRRcast and what you'd like to see in future ones.
Tapeti

Re: LRRcast for Killer Instinct

Postby Tapeti » 13 Aug 2009, 05:48

Yeah. I was thinking like, sometime not in the beginning, Alex of Toronto could show up, travel with them for a bit, and then disappear. Something like that, right?
theDreamer
First Video: Quantum Documentary

Postby theDreamer » 13 Aug 2009, 06:01

That makes untold amounts of sense, seeing as how people are always joining your party later.
I can put my hands in my head, and I can laugh it in the face.
ecocd
First Video: Desert Bus 2

Postby ecocd » 13 Aug 2009, 06:23

Tapeti wrote: But also traveling with them is like, Tim or something.

Tim was always involved with the crew and now he's the primary force behind the Runners. If he can weasel himself into a few regular videos he'll be a regular crew member pretty soon.

Though the timing is coincidental, ever since Morgan took off, Tim has really stepped it up.

Tapeti wrote:Yeah. I was thinking like, sometime not in the beginning, Alex of Toronto could show up, travel with them for a bit, and then disappear. Something like that, right?

It doesn't have to be only the Support Characters that move in and out. Bill left for a short period and Morgan's had two stints of absence, right?

What about locations? Thinking in the JRPG framework of Towns and Dungeons, where would the action be taking place? The locations certainly depend on the plot in a final product, but Victoria is the home city no matter what.
ecocd - echo-see-dee (We apologize for the inconvenience)
Tapeti

Postby Tapeti » 13 Aug 2009, 06:26

Well obviously we must include the Orbiting Underground Moonbase mk ii

I think we can lay down the basics, but before we can actually decide on anything, we need to come to a general consensus on atleast a vague concept of the plotline.
ThrashJazzAssassin
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby ThrashJazzAssassin » 13 Aug 2009, 06:56

I had a few ideas this morning, mostly for the main plot of the game, but I'm fairly sure the rest of you guys would disagree with them, so I'll keep them under wraps to see if I can turn them into something else like a video idea, and stick to making basic suggestions. Also my ideas tend to be running in the direction of "make an RPG with LRR characters in" rather than "which JRPG tropes could we make LRR versions of?"

As far as locations are concerned: start out local, at the crew's houses (the starting village) and UVic (the nearby town), and work your way up. The Rumble island, Evil Inc's HQ, CCYD, the Homo Mortuus Reserve, the ZOMGie Research Facility, Paul's circa 1950 underwater utopia... there are enough good locations, if you go looking for them.
RytelCSF
First Video: Son of a Bitch

Postby RytelCSF » 13 Aug 2009, 07:02

The Large Hamster Collider...
Tapeti

Postby Tapeti » 13 Aug 2009, 18:19

I'm really at a bit of a loss as to plotline. Absolutely drew a blank. Which is weird, because usually I'm a master at pulling stories out of my ass. But that's beside the point.

Any suggestions would be helpful. We need to keep in mind, though, that this plot can't be too epic. After all, think about how overly taxing that would be on our potential game developer.
Chfan

Postby Chfan » 14 Aug 2009, 04:36

Well, it could somehow be related to the Runners. Or perhaps it takes place after CommodoreHUSTLE, so geoff factors in as an ally of sorts.

I was thinking maybe the head of Evil Inc. (Evil Paul) has hatched a new plan and only the LRR Crew (and, inexplicably, also Paul) have to stop him. It doesn't have to start that way, you could just start with the everyday difficulties of LRRife, but that'd get boring fast...
Well, hallo there.
ecocd
First Video: Desert Bus 2

Postby ecocd » 14 Aug 2009, 06:09

Chfan wrote:Well, it could somehow be related to the Runners. Or perhaps it takes place after CommodoreHUSTLE, so geoff factors in as an ally of sorts.

I was thinking maybe the head of Evil Inc. (Evil Paul) has hatched a new plan and only the LRR Crew (and, inexplicably, also Paul) have to stop him. It doesn't have to start that way, you could just start with the everyday difficulties of LRRife, but that'd get boring fast...

Hmmm, I like the idea of a cHustle: Clone Wars type set-up where it purports to be events between cHustle Season 1 and Season 2.

Actually, it's more like cHustle fanfiction and I don't mean that in a derogative manner. I've heard talk of the DesertBus fanfiction contest, but I think cHustle post-Season 1 is the perfect environment for fanfiction. So even if this game is vaporware, any cHustle plot would be easily expanded as a fanfic that's sure to tickle anyone and everyone.

Edit:
Discussion now moved to: http://loadingreadyrun.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=9875
ecocd - echo-see-dee (We apologize for the inconvenience)
Cade Antilles
First Video: Man Cooking - The Gigantor

Postby Cade Antilles » 14 Aug 2009, 08:45

Well, that Stick Stickly song is definitely interesting. Just got around to checking it out. I was thinking that this song would be way better without the death metal screaming, but I was groovin' along to the tune. Then, the '90s dance techno popped in and it through me for a loop. So, I totally see what you guys were talking about.
"May the Force rock you!"

Professional Procrastinators - Insuring a better tomorrow, by having more fun today!
Lyinginbedmon
First Video: BioShocked

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 06 Sep 2009, 16:47

So it's been a while, and I've actually found something interesting about Attack Attack!

For one, they have a youTube channel.

For another, they're definitely the least "Holier than Thou" Christian rock band I've ever seen, dropping curses quite a bit and clearly a lot more "USAire" than "Child of God". I respect them for not being that typical jerk evangelist that usually infests the music genre.

Their music however still gives me absolutely no deeper respect for the Christian rock genre whatsoever.
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
Tally
First Video: 1337 rap

Postby Tally » 09 Sep 2009, 15:21

Huh. I had no idea Attack Attack was a Christian rock band. That's... different. :)

See, speaking of Christian rock, I have a theory about it (as someone who used to listen to a lot of it): it's just like any other rock music. In other words, most of it is fairly insipid, lacking depth and originality - your basic over-sugared ear candy - and of course every now and then it presents something interesting, unique and worthwhile. No different from most other music genres.

Which all has nothing to do with Attack Attack, which I think falls into its own special category of mind-blowingly awful (yet oddly full of entertainment value).
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 09 Sep 2009, 15:46

The difference is Christian rock can tap into a lot more money, far easier than most other genres. I read an interesting article (in GQ of all places) that basically showed that Christian bands generally earn waaaaaaay more money than their secular counterparts.

An lack of supply (Christian bands) plus an excess of demand (from the many Christians who will only listen to "Christian music") means that much of what emerges is of lower quality than other genres.

And yes, I speak as a Christian that enjoys Christian rock every now and then. Just... not a lot of it (As there's little that's good).
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 09 Sep 2009, 16:42

+1 to metcarfre. There's a Christian rock station in my city that my brother insists on listening to every damn time he's near a radio, and the stuff on there is just awful. Utterly pointless and generic, and its even bad at coming up to that level. The few odd good songs/bands are one's you really have to search out for yourself.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 09 Sep 2009, 18:46

Ok this might seem like a silly question but what difference if any is there between Christian rock and other forms of music loosely described as rock and roll?
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 09 Sep 2009, 19:20

Christian rock allegedly features lyrics and themes relevant to Christianity, in the style loosely described as "rock and roll". Just because we feel the need to add our label to everything.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 09 Sep 2009, 21:53

Aside from lyrical content, Christian rock is often more rythmic and poppy than traditional R&R. Most songs are meant to be sung along to, and many adapted as worship songs (ones sung in church). Also, even the harder-core bands are comfortable laying down acoustic and otherwise mellow tracks in their albums.

Christian R&R pretty much encompasses every rock genre, from emo to metal. Yes, metal. Remember P.O.D.? Christian Rock. Lifehouse? Christian rock.

*thinks*

That's it.

Return to “LRRcast”