DVD problems

News and Announcements about LoadingReadyRun
wartjr2373
First Video: Quantum Documentary

DVD problems

Postby wartjr2373 » 06 Apr 2010, 13:29

Not sure if this is the best place for such a topic, but I'm gonna try it here anyway.

I recently purchased the seasons 2 and 3 DVDs while at PAX East. Now, for the most part, these are awesome, and I had a blast listening to the commentaries and watching all the bloopers (of which there is a gratuitous amount). There were just a few glitches in the DVDs that I thought it prudent to bring to your attention.

In season 2, Celestial Sea Episode 1 doesn't work at all. When I select it the DVD just reloads the menu, and if I Play All it will start at episode 2. Doesn't work whether commentary is enabled or not.

In season 3, Life is Like a Movie has no commentary track. With commentaries disabled, the video works fine, but after enabling commentaries, the video plays with no audio at all.

Also, this is minor, but How to Talk Like a Pirate has a graphical glitch near the beginning of the video. It doesn't affect the rest of the video, but it basically freezes for about 5 seconds before continuing.

I'd be curious to know if the old DVDs had the same problem, or if others who also purchased DVDs at PAX experienced this as well.
Just call me Dylan. It's easier to pronounce.

Matt
LRR Crew

Re: DVD problems

Postby Matt » 06 Apr 2010, 14:03

it would be good to know if this is common to all the DVD's or if this is unique to your copy. hopefully others can confirm. in the mean time, I advise you to e-mail graham about it.

-m

I am not angry at you.
wartjr2373

Postby wartjr2373 » 06 Apr 2010, 14:48

Matt wrote:it would be good to know if this is common to all the DVD's or if this is unique to your copy. hopefully others can confirm. in the mean time, I advise you to e-mail graham about it.

-m

I sent him an email a few days ago, after I discovered the first problem, but he hasn't responded yet. :(

Matt
LRR Crew

Postby Matt » 06 Apr 2010, 15:14

we only just got back into the country on sunday. hit him again.

-m

I am not angry at you.
wartjr2373

Postby wartjr2373 » 06 Apr 2010, 17:29

Alright, I sent him another email with all the info in my original post.

Emperor Gum
First Video: Moving Out

Postby Emperor Gum » 07 Apr 2010, 11:46

wartjr2373 wrote:I recently purchased the seasons 2 and 3 DVDs while at PAX East. Now, for the most part, these are awesome, and I had a blast listening to the commentaries and watching all the bloopers (of which there is a gratuitous amount)

[shakes fist]
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 15 Apr 2010, 00:01

My copy of "Life is like a Movie" also has not commentary track. Other commentaries seem to be fine. I don't recall the other glitches but I'll double check.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 15 Apr 2010, 16:59

I demand a refund. In rupees.
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
tanatoes
First Video: Man Cooking

Postby tanatoes » 15 Apr 2010, 19:27

I can confirm that the Machinma episodes start with episode two, but you can hit the "previous track" button on yer DVD remote to go back to episode one. So that's okay.
-------
Why can't Wii be friends? 0639 9148 4145 6376
wartjr2373

Postby wartjr2373 » 16 Apr 2010, 08:57

That doesn't work for me. According to PowerDVD, there's only six chapters, and chapter 1 is episode 2. Going back is not permitted.

iwashere33
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby iwashere33 » 25 Apr 2010, 07:19

arrgh - the scurge of DRM!

wait... what?
Ian McKellen, now!
troth
First Video: Bump in the night

Postby troth » 03 May 2010, 18:16

I don't have those problems. But my season 3 disk 2 skips like you wouldn't believe. Might be the player, but it works fine with everything else.
Walker McTroth
Chemistring

Postby Chemistring » 24 May 2010, 16:00

wartjr2373 wrote:That doesn't work for me. According to PowerDVD, there's only six chapters, and chapter 1 is episode 2. Going back is not permitted.

Just chiming in - my copy of Season 2 doesn't have Celestial Sea Ep.1 either.
GaProgMan
First Video: 1337 - 64K

Postby GaProgMan » 30 May 2010, 15:11

I've not managed to buy any of the DvDs myself yet (shame on me, I know) so this might not even apply:

If you use a media player called VLC player (Video Lan Client in its heyday) you can view each of the individual titles and video segments on a DvD. You might be able to see whether the actual episode is on there or not. It could be on there, but by some accident it has been left off of the menu listings (meaning it wouldn't normally get played), or it may have not been included on the disc at all. Either way, this should be able to help you figure out which it is.

(Right click on a playing video, move over "Playback", then to "Titles" and it'll list all of the video titles on the disc. It's just a case of proceduraly going through each one)
Avatar image is part of Vanilla Jester's Draw-A-Thing series on LRR forumers
sloth42
First Video: Unskipable

Postby sloth42 » 08 Jun 2010, 15:40

Same two problems for me. No commentary for Life is Like a Movie and DVD player can't seem to find the Celestial Sea episode one.
wartjr2373

Postby wartjr2373 » 08 Jun 2010, 15:56

Any chance we could get the commentaries for those two uploaded on YT like Hell's Kitchen and It's a Wonderful Game?

Madrox
First Video: commodoreHUSTLE 01

Postby Madrox » 19 Jul 2010, 15:52

I had the same problem with commentaries too but on Season 4
ThrashJazzAssassin
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby ThrashJazzAssassin » 20 Jul 2010, 01:27

Well, like wartjr2373 said, the LRR youtube channel has versions of Hell's Kitchen and It's a Wonderful Game with non-buggered commentaries; it's a known issue that those ones are screwed up. If you have any other commentary problems, then it's just your copy of the DVD, and you should buy a new one.
magicpokey
First Video: Paper Boy

Postby magicpokey » 26 Jul 2010, 16:22

Hey guys, I ordered seasons 2 and 3 (and a button) last Friday (the 16th) and I am wondering how long it will take to ship to east coast USA, North Carolina specifically, its been over a week now and I am getting anxious...

I Require Additional LRRDVDs!

thanks
I'm a bigger nerd than you. Not by way of intelligence, mind. But because I'm over six feet tall and more than 350 lbs.
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 27 Jul 2010, 03:41

You must learn patience.

I would guess a couple more weeks.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 27 Jul 2010, 04:19

Remember, the merch has to go through Canada Post, UPS, and Customs at the border. Speaking as someone who has to deal with making sure that works most of the time (though with different companies)...what Chrusher said. I'm pretty sure the only people that would get their merch in a week live in Victoria or Vancouver.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Emperor Gum
First Video: Moving Out

Postby Emperor Gum » 27 Jul 2010, 06:42

magicpokey wrote:Hey guys, I ordered seasons 2 and 3 (and a button) last Friday (the 16th) and I am wondering how long it will take to ship to east coast USA, North Carolina specifically, its been over a week now and I am getting anxious...

I Require Additional LRRDVDs!

thanks

16th of July? Ha, I ordered mine in May!
magicpokey
First Video: Paper Boy

Postby magicpokey » 27 Jul 2010, 07:25

darn. I was hoping to avoid shipping through Canada as I read they were manufactured somewhere in California. Oh well. I will learn patience... I will unlearn what I have learned...

thanks for the info though, I spent days searching the forums for average shipping times from the store and the latest info I could find on the store was from 2008. I would suggest an LRR Store FAQ of some kind as a sticky topic somewhere, so others will know what to expect vis-a-vis shipping, packaging, etc.

Not that anything could have stopped me from buying the dvd's, mind. I can't wait to have them on my shelf and be able to enjoy LRR goodness any time I want...
I'm a bigger nerd than you. Not by way of intelligence, mind. But because I'm over six feet tall and more than 350 lbs.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 27 Jul 2010, 07:47

They used to be made by a store in the states, but at least as of the latest Shirt Printing Loading Time (May/June), they're made in and shipped from Victoria. Even when they were made in the States though, I think they shipped them up to the crew to mail out first since LRR isn't exactly profitable enough to purchase warehouse space and staff to do it for them down there.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
Metcarfre
First Video: Not Applicable

Postby Metcarfre » 27 Jul 2010, 18:56

Average shipping time; there is none.

Hell's bells; I even handed Tim cash money into his hands, and I didn't get my shirt for a week or more!

Return to “Site News”