LRRcon 2014

News and Announcements about LoadingReadyRun
DewKnight
First Video: Stalking

Re: LRRcon 2014

Postby DewKnight » 02 Apr 2014, 16:38

Oh man I want to do this. I fear my doctors will give me a massive no due to the potential of catching something from so many people.
Prospero101
First Video: Feed Dump: Soldiers of Fortune

Postby Prospero101 » 02 Apr 2014, 16:39

Meanwhile, I will be here in Misery-er, Missouri flipping all the tables.
It's all over but the crying. And the taxes.

"Perfectionism might look good in his shiny shoes, but he's kind of an asshole and no one invites him to their pool parties."
Nima55
First Video: Omni-Lingual

Postby Nima55 » 03 Apr 2014, 21:40

What are the chance of there being a few D&D tables?
Better known as NovaGirl5, Guardian of Adam Savidan.
SomeCallMeTim
First Video: Desert Bus 2

Postby SomeCallMeTim » 03 Apr 2014, 21:47

Got confirmation on a nice summer job to pad the wallet, so I will be there! It's my first con, kind of nervous, but mostly about the travel aspects. I'm sure the social interactions will go just fine. Mostly excited!
BE RIGHT THERE HOMBRE!
Tally
First Video: 1337 rap

Postby Tally » 04 Apr 2014, 10:15

Just confirmed that I'll be able to make it down with the gang for this. Anyone interested in a casual stitch 'n bitch hangout in a corner somewhere? ;)
DuelLadyS
First Video: Unskippable

Postby DuelLadyS » 04 Apr 2014, 10:19

Tally wrote:Just confirmed that I'll be able to make it down with the gang for this. Anyone interested in a casual stitch 'n bitch hangout in a corner somewhere? ;)

YEEEESSSS!!!

You really need to let me know if you'll be in early and might want to do a craft store run with someone who gets an employee discount around... :wink:
Tally
First Video: 1337 rap

Postby Tally » 04 Apr 2014, 12:39

DuelLadyS wrote:YEEEESSSS!!!

You really need to let me know if you'll be in early and might want to do a craft store run with someone who gets an employee discount around... :wink:

:shock: Oooooooh! I will let you know when I can. I assume we will? I've not had the travel plans made super clear to me, but I was told we're leaving here on Friday morning, so presumably that means we'll be arriving something like mid afternoon to early evening.
crazy_coug99
First Video: Papers Please

Postby crazy_coug99 » 04 Apr 2014, 13:58

FYI to those coming in from out of town, the site for LRR Con is next to
Sea-Tac International Airport. Thus there are several other hotels in the immediate area for those on a budget but want to go. Price check the area and find the hotel right for your budget. I hope to see a lot of you there.
DuelLadyS
First Video: Unskippable

Postby DuelLadyS » 04 Apr 2014, 18:13

Tally wrote:
DuelLadyS wrote:YEEEESSSS!!!

:shock: Oooooooh! I will let you know when I can. I assume we will? I've not had the travel plans made super clear to me, but I was told we're leaving here on Friday morning, so presumably that means we'll be arriving something like mid afternoon to early evening.

It'll depend a bit on my work schedule, since I only asked for Saturday itself off... but I can't imagine it won't work out :mrgreen:

EDIT: attempting to alter time off requests to make it 2 days. It's a special occasion, I can have a long weekend.

Also, for the interested, I'd be happy to teach cross-stitch if you want to learn... I have some lil' butterfly kits to pass around- or, if preferred, I can see about altering them into lil' mana symbol kits instead! :D Just tell me if you're game, so I know if/how many to bring.
Last edited by DuelLadyS on 04 Apr 2014, 20:20, edited 1 time in total.
Chemistring

Postby Chemistring » 04 Apr 2014, 19:49

Tally wrote:Just confirmed that I'll be able to make it down with the gang for this. Anyone interested in a casual stitch 'n bitch hangout in a corner somewhere? ;)

Do you really need to ask? I always pack travel knitting.

So glad you can make it! :D
Kapol
First Video: Whisky Tango Foxtrot

Postby Kapol » 07 Apr 2014, 18:07

Is there anything else that is going to happen other than what the current guests are? I thought I remembered something about more being added, and I just want to make sure I haven't lost my mind completely.
Lord Hosk
First Video: Checkpoint: Into the breach
Location: Half and inch below the knuckle of the ring finger. MI

Postby Lord Hosk » 08 Apr 2014, 08:05

There will be an official "game room" which will have a variety of games on hand for people to play or you can bring your own.

Currently the "confirmed" are Graham, Kathleen, James, Jer, Tally, Cameron, Alex, Beej,Paul and 'likely' Matt, Liz, The Double Clicks, Mike Robles, Kris Straub, Kyle Stevens.

Also people on the peripherals who have said they will "probably attend" (based on overheard conversations dont hold me to any of these)Serge, Maya, Kate,The entire living cast of the original BattleStar Galactica, Andrew (war and peace) Ash Vickers, Batman, Ashley, Marshal, Kenji, Spot the dog, Card Kingdom representatives(probably dan), and Matts Fiancee.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
You hear that Khoo? We're almost better than the comic!
SomeCallMeTim

Postby SomeCallMeTim » 09 Apr 2014, 07:55

I don't know if Marshall is a joke or not, but I'd be stoked if he's there to just wreck me during a game :)
BE RIGHT THERE HOMBRE!
Rose_Nightshade
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Rose_Nightshade » 09 Apr 2014, 08:00

I hope this goes really well for you guys and everyone able to attend!!! :D Well enough that you'll be able to do it next year again!

I can't wait to see video from the event so I can at least participate vicariously. :D It would have been awesome to be able to play some Magic against fellow fans or the crew and just see everybody in person.

Thanks for wanting/being able to do something in the States aside from PAX!! :D This fan-stuck-in-America appreciates it!

Unfortunately I can't go THIS YEAR, due to short notice & airfare from FL being outrageous & not having vacation time enough to recover from the 3 hour timezone difference. CURSE YOU TIME ZONES!!! Curse you inadequate and insulting lack of employement benefits! I tried to figure it out, and financially, it COULD happen, but the time-zones are the ultimate obstruction to it being do-able. :(

Maybe me and the boyfriend will be able to go to PAX East next year and see y'all. :3 We'd have more money to spend on your merch if we did that anyway. So, slight upside, I guess?
CaptainSpam
First Video: It's Very Simple

Postby CaptainSpam » 10 Apr 2014, 19:12

There! Plane tickets, hotel reservation, and LRRCon ticket all purchased! I'm going to Seattle! I'm going there and not a single person here* will have any clue who I am! That's how crazy this is!

I just can't believe how crappy a choice of flights I had. Apparently, you don't want to go to Seattle from central Kentucky. Which is why I'm flying from Cincinnati. Eesh.

*: Which is to say, potentially exactly one person. If he's going.
SomeCallMeTim

Postby SomeCallMeTim » 10 Apr 2014, 22:57

Don't worry, nobody will know me either, and I have such a small influence on this forum because I'm really bad about posting anywhere on the internet. Looking forward to meeting some of the few usernames I know from here.
Also, to save money on flights, I have two 6 hour layovers in Anchorage AK in the middle of the night (I am from central AK)! Yay for crazy life choices :D
BE RIGHT THERE HOMBRE!
Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 11 Apr 2014, 09:10

SomeCallMeTim you are lying, No one is from central Alaska.

Central Alaska is the area north of Denali but south of the Gates to the Arctic and West of Fairbanks the human population density is .0001 per hundred bazillion square miles.
Beware Bering Crystal Bears, Bearing Crystals. (Especially if the crystals they are bearing are, themselves, Bering Crystal Bears.) -Old, Stupid Proverb

[–]Graham_LRR
the amativeness
Location: America, where everyone sues everyone, always, for everything.

Postby the amativeness » 12 Apr 2014, 14:02

Lord Hosk wrote:SomeCallMeTim you are lying, No one is from central Alaska.

Central Alaska is the area north of Denali but south of the Gates to the Arctic and West of Fairbanks the human population density is .0001 per hundred bazillion square miles.

The problem with that logic is that central Alaska is made up of one thousand hundred bazillion square miles, meaning one person lives there, meaning that one person is SomeCallMeTim.
zA: How do I relax?
Evil Jim: Jerk off.
Frozengale: You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.
SilPho
First Video: Desert Bus 3

Postby SilPho » 12 Apr 2014, 15:28

Which leaves one to wonder who it is that actually calls him Tim, or not, as the case may be.
SomeCallMeTim

Postby SomeCallMeTim » 12 Apr 2014, 16:55

I suppose if we're splitting hairs I'm from slightly east of the direct center of Alaska, but middle of nowhere is still middle of nowhere. When it's a six hour drive to get to the nearest Target, you can feel quite alone in the world. Not always a bad thing, but makes it a right bitch to travel anywhere far away.
BE RIGHT THERE HOMBRE!
Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 12 Apr 2014, 17:41

Yeah but you can get 32 flavors of Meth 24-7 so...

[–]Graham_LRR
SomeCallMeTim

Postby SomeCallMeTim » 12 Apr 2014, 21:24

Baskin-Robbins' new product is rotting teeth in a brand new way! XD
BE RIGHT THERE HOMBRE!
Lord Hosk

Postby Lord Hosk » 12 Apr 2014, 22:41

When you get to anchorage they say "Anchorage has the highest percentage of STD's of any major metropolitan area, so if you go down to Chilkoo Charlies, or rumrunners you better wrap it up." When you get to fairbanks they say "meth, meth meth meth meth meth, and more meth, if you meet someone online, or in a bar, they are going to try to sell you meth"

[–]Graham_LRR
Jamfalcon
First Video: Killer Instinct

Postby Jamfalcon » 15 Apr 2014, 11:54

Wheeee! My passport arrived today, so I guess it's actually real and I'm going to be there!
"Jamfalcon's a super weird name" - Graham

I wrote a book!
Tapir12
First Video: Kei Kon 2004

Postby Tapir12 » 15 Apr 2014, 12:27

Awesome! I should really figure out where mine is...
Things I like and maybe you will too:
AIESEC | Monster | Juuni Kokki | Vienna Teng | Guide To Canada

Return to “Site News”