A little bit o' Facebook lovin'

News and Announcements about LoadingReadyRun
Paul
Super Moderator
First Video: Tetris

A little bit o' Facebook lovin'

Postby Paul » 26 Mar 2008, 21:04

Thanks to the addition of some meta tags, if you want to share a LRR vid via Facebook's "share link" feature, it should be able to automagically grab the title, description and thumbnail. This is an improvement from before when it would grab the page title, a useless piece of text from halfway down the page and the thumbnail for a completely different video.

PROGRESS!

Now go forth and share the crap out of those videos!
Lavos
Lavos
First Video: 1337

Postby Lavos » 26 Mar 2008, 21:33

I read share the crap that is these videos.
Also: Fuck facebook, fuck fuck fuck the facebook, fuck fuck.
i dont know what's happening anymore
Nomadic
First Video: Serious Cravings

Postby Nomadic » 26 Mar 2008, 23:02

Facebook has it's uses. *Goes and starts garnering new LRR-addicts*
Successfully lurking since 1709.
S.Talker

Postby S.Talker » 09 Apr 2008, 11:46

Now I can harass the LRR Crew from the comfort of my own home...
Pattmyn

Postby Pattmyn » 09 Apr 2008, 13:50

Hey Paul, ever look into actually getting a "Share on Facebook" button like a lot of sites have these days for the LRR videos? Could be worth looking into.
jason878

Postby jason878 » 09 Apr 2008, 17:26

Everything you ever write on Facebook goes straight to the government and its the number 2 site in north america, kinda scary. I'm not just being paranoid the guy that made facebooks got some shady connections. I don't like Facebook people, but I suppose new fans is always a good thing.
theINC

Postby theINC » 27 Apr 2008, 04:42

jason878 wrote:Everything you ever write on Facebook goes straight to the government and its the number 2 site in north america, kinda scary. I'm not just being paranoid the guy that made facebooks got some shady connections. I don't like Facebook people, but I suppose new fans is always a good thing.

Wait... what?
Woland owes me 10 points.
Nomadic
First Video: Serious Cravings

Postby Nomadic » 27 Apr 2008, 05:01

The only reason you should fear your government is if you have something to hide from it.

WHAT ARE YOU HIDING. I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE.
I'm going to find out.______________________________Not really, but you can think that.
Successfully lurking since 1709.
Vaughn

Postby Vaughn » 27 Apr 2008, 11:48

i got facebook 2 days ago, joined the LRRuminty, and was wondering if i could stick a video on there... =D

Handy.
Do the Catterpillar!
*wiggle wiggle*
Valandil

Postby Valandil » 27 Apr 2008, 17:04

jason878 wrote:Everything you ever write on Facebook goes straight to the government[citation needed] and its the number 2 site in north america[citation needed], kinda scary. I'm not just being paranoid the guy that made facebooks got some shady connections[citation needed]. I don't like Facebook people, but I suppose new fans is always a good thing.

Fixed.
Wraith wrote:WHY DOES THIS KEEP GETTING HARDER?!
St. Ricktopher
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby St. Ricktopher » 05 May 2008, 13:16

I cant share cardboard man. What's happened to the facebook thing?

:(
Paul
Super Moderator
First Video: Tetris

Postby Paul » 05 May 2008, 13:20

Hmmm, seems to be working for me. You should be able to paste the video url into the share link box and it will automatically get the thumbnail, title and description.
St. Ricktopher
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby St. Ricktopher » 05 May 2008, 13:21

Ok, thanks Paul.

*facepalm*

You, sir are a genius.
I am but your loyal servant.
Whatchamabiscut

Postby Whatchamabiscut » 14 May 2008, 14:32

jason878 wrote:Everything you ever write on Facebook goes straight to the government and its the number 2 site in north america, kinda scary. I'm not just being paranoid the guy that made facebooks got some shady connections. I don't like Facebook people, but I suppose new fans is always a good thing.

Are you positive your not being paranoid, because you may want to look up the definition of paranoid.
Dominic Appleguard

Postby Dominic Appleguard » 14 May 2008, 17:46

Whatchamabiscut wrote:

Are you positive your not being paranoid, because you may want to look up the definition of paranoid.

Well, there's Dictionary.com's definition:

1. Psychiatry. a mental disorder characterized by systematized delusions and the projection of personal conflicts, which are ascribed to the supposed hostility of others, sometimes progressing to disturbances of consciousness and aggressive acts believed to be performed in self-defense or as a mission.
2. baseless or excessive suspicion of the motives of others.

But of course, Jason's statement is quite***MESSAGE REDACTED***.
Dr Frankenjam

Postby Dr Frankenjam » 30 Jun 2008, 10:47

terrorism bombs Muslim heist secret plan president dynamite TNT gunpowder tonight midnight pentagon government terrorist Al Qaieda assassination regicide mutilation rape burglary cheese puffs MI6 MI5 project black hole area 51 paradigm heroine cocaine Milo Rambaldi NSA CIA FBI IRA NSC intelligence Bletchley Park hiroshima nagasaki Cheyene Mountain espionage Project Blowpipe SWAT KLM Whitewater Roswell Dynocorps Pine Gap Trust Columbia snuff USP Glock Barretta Garrote rail gun silicon valley microsoft apple corporate plot Delta Force Atlas Echelon skynet defcon

Right.

NOW the government is keeping an eye on this forum. :)
Evil Jim
First Video: Shake Your Hands

Postby Evil Jim » 01 Jul 2008, 17:00

Nomadic wrote:Facebook has it's uses. *Goes and starts garnering new LRR-addicts*

Quoted for its truth.
Arius wrote:People were just so awestruck by your awesomeness that they became catatonic.
ThrashJazzAssassin wrote:BURN HIM! BURN THE HERETIC! DEATH TO ALL WHO SCORN THE AWESOMENESS OF EVIL JIM!
lookme875
First Video: cfd

Re: A little bit o' Facebook lovin'

Postby lookme875 » 08 Dec 2009, 19:54

"Just a few more minutes…please Mommy!"
Although my own children were grown, I found myself turning instinctively in the direction of the little voice. He was trailing after his mother, looking reluctantly over his shoulder at a display of remote control toys in the large department store.

He couldn't have been more than four years old. With chubby checks and wispy blond hair going in several directions, he trotted behind his mother down the main aisle of the department store. His boots caught my eye. They were green. Really green. Bright, shiny, Kermit-the-Frog, green. Obviously new and a little too big, the boots stopped just below his knees leaving a hint of dimpled legs disappearing into rumpled shorts. Perfect boots for the rainy transition from summer to fall.
Wow gold,

He stopped abruptly at a display of full-length mirrors, lifting one foot at a time, grinning and admiring his boots until his mother called for him to catch up to her. Dressed in a suit, heels clicking on the tile floor, she was tossing items into her cart as she and her son made their way to the checkout lanes at the front of the store.

I smiled at the picture he made clumping noisily behind his mother. I found myself wondering if she had just picked him up from daycare after a busy day in an office somewhere. I sighed as I selected an item and put it in my own cart. My days of trying to juggle a full time job and two small children had been busy, sometimes even hectic, but I missed them.
world of warcraft gold,

Finishing my own shopping, I forgot about the little boy and his mother until I stepped outside the store. There a panorama unfolded before me. The rain had slowed to a drizzle, perforating the numerous puddles in the parking lot. Several mothers with their small children were hurrying in and out of the department store. The children were, of course, making beelines to the puddles that dotted their way from the cars to the store's entrance. The mothers were right behind them, scolding.

cd keys,

"Ge"You'll ruin your shoes!"

"What's the matter with you? Are you deaf? I said, GET OUT OF THAT PUDDLE!"

And so it continued. The children were being pulled away from the puddles and hurried along. All except for one…the little green-booted boy.

He and his mother were not rushing anywhere. The boy was happily splashing away in the largest puddle in the parking lot, oblivious to the rain and to the people coming and going. His wispy hair was plastered to his head and a huge smile was plastered on his face. And his mother? She put up her umbrella, adjusted her packages and waited. Not scolding, not rushing. Just watching.
wow power leveling,

As she fished her car keys out of her purse, the boy, hearing the familiar jingling, paused in mid-splash and looked up.

"Just a few more minutes? Please Mommy?" He begged.

She hesitated, and then she smiled at him.

"Okay!" she responded and adjusted her packages again.
By the time I got to my car, loaded my packages and was ready to ease out of my parking space, the green-booted boy and his mother were walking toward their car, smiling and talking.

How much time did that "few more minutes" take out of her day? Probably about five. Not so much time out of a busy day. So what if she got home a little later than she had planned?

World of Warcraft power leveling

What a contrast the boy and his mother were to the other families I had just seen. What volumes that "few more minutes" spoke to that little boy about his value to his mother. Nothing in her universe was so pressing that it couldn't wait a few more minutes to let her young son try out his new boots-an important event in the life of How many times had my children begged for "just a few more minutes"? Had I smiled and waited like the mother of the green booted boy? Or had I scolded?

Just a few more minutes. Everything I have read about time management for working mothers can be summed up in one picture. The picture of that young mother standing under her umbrella, arms full of packages, smiling her assent to a wet, green-booted boy who had asked her the universal time management question for working mothers everywhere,

"Just a few more minutes?"
octopimpostor
First Video: Halo

Re:

Postby octopimpostor » 13 Dec 2009, 16:08

Dr Frankenjam wrote:terrorism bombs Muslim heist secret plan president dynamite TNT gunpowder tonight midnight pentagon government terrorist Al Qaieda assassination regicide mutilation rape burglary cheese puffs MI6 MI5 project black hole area 51 paradigm heroine cocaine Milo Rambaldi NSA CIA FBI IRA NSC intelligence Bletchley Park hiroshima nagasaki Cheyene Mountain espionage Project Blowpipe SWAT KLM Whitewater Roswell Dynocorps Pine Gap Trust Columbia snuff USP Glock Barretta Garrote rail gun silicon valley microsoft apple corporate plot Delta Force Atlas Echelon skynet defcon

Right.

NOW the government is keeping an eye on this forum. :)

LMAO CHEESE PUFFS!!!!!
My total fail count: 6
Dubious_wolf wrote:
octopimpostor wrote:My total fail count: 7...8

[/quote]
Link to my desert bus video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGrIfi2ORK8
my other video that will soon be a series is here. REAL VIDEOGAME CHARACTERS http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cj2T7wIymsk
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 25 Dec 2009, 23:16

lookme875 wrote:"Just a few more minutes…please Mommy!"
Although my own children were grown, I found myself turning instinctively in the direction of the little voice. He was trailing after his mother, looking reluctantly over his shoulder at a display of remote control toys in the large department store.

He couldn't have been more than four years old. With chubby checks and wispy blond hair going in several directions, he trotted behind his mother down the main aisle of the department store. His boots caught my eye. They were green. Really green. Bright, shiny, Kermit-the-Frog, green. Obviously new and a little too big, the boots stopped just below his knees leaving a hint of dimpled legs disappearing into rumpled shorts. Perfect boots for the rainy transition from summer to fall.
Wow gold,

He stopped abruptly at a display of full-length mirrors, lifting one foot at a time, grinning and admiring his boots until his mother called for him to catch up to her. Dressed in a suit, heels clicking on the tile floor, she was tossing items into her cart as she and her son made their way to the checkout lanes at the front of the store.

I smiled at the picture he made clumping noisily behind his mother. I found myself wondering if she had just picked him up from daycare after a busy day in an office somewhere. I sighed as I selected an item and put it in my own cart. My days of trying to juggle a full time job and two small children had been busy, sometimes even hectic, but I missed them.
world of warcraft gold,

Finishing my own shopping, I forgot about the little boy and his mother until I stepped outside the store. There a panorama unfolded before me. The rain had slowed to a drizzle, perforating the numerous puddles in the parking lot. Several mothers with their small children were hurrying in and out of the department store. The children were, of course, making beelines to the puddles that dotted their way from the cars to the store's entrance. The mothers were right behind them, scolding.

cd keys,

"Ge"You'll ruin your shoes!"

"What's the matter with you? Are you deaf? I said, GET OUT OF THAT PUDDLE!"

And so it continued. The children were being pulled away from the puddles and hurried along. All except for one…the little green-booted boy.

He and his mother were not rushing anywhere. The boy was happily splashing away in the largest puddle in the parking lot, oblivious to the rain and to the people coming and going. His wispy hair was plastered to his head and a huge smile was plastered on his face. And his mother? She put up her umbrella, adjusted her packages and waited. Not scolding, not rushing. Just watching.
wow power leveling,

As she fished her car keys out of her purse, the boy, hearing the familiar jingling, paused in mid-splash and looked up.

"Just a few more minutes? Please Mommy?" He begged.

She hesitated, and then she smiled at him.

"Okay!" she responded and adjusted her packages again.
By the time I got to my car, loaded my packages and was ready to ease out of my parking space, the green-booted boy and his mother were walking toward their car, smiling and talking.

How much time did that "few more minutes" take out of her day? Probably about five. Not so much time out of a busy day. So what if she got home a little later than she had planned?

World of Warcraft power leveling

What a contrast the boy and his mother were to the other families I had just seen. What volumes that "few more minutes" spoke to that little boy about his value to his mother. Nothing in her universe was so pressing that it couldn't wait a few more minutes to let her young son try out his new boots-an important event in the life of How many times had my children begged for "just a few more minutes"? Had I smiled and waited like the mother of the green booted boy? Or had I scolded?

Just a few more minutes. Everything I have read about time management for working mothers can be summed up in one picture. The picture of that young mother standing under her umbrella, arms full of packages, smiling her assent to a wet, green-booted boy who had asked her the universal time management question for working mothers everywhere,

"Just a few more minutes?"

....the fuck?
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
Arius
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Arius » 25 Dec 2009, 23:17

Shh... Don't scare it away.
H̼̮̖͓̻ͮ̀ͬ̓e̟̦͉̾̔̀ͣ͆̄ ͚̤̈̉ͦ̎ͭ̚c̰̠͚̜̹ͪ̐̎̃ͅo̗͌͛ͥ͑m̍ͬͥ̚e͍̱̲̤͚̹͔͛s͚̱̤͚̲̭̗̃̎ͭ̚.̘̫̖̮̠͒̔.̝̹̟̳͚̂̆̋͌̐̚.̬͓̰̃̑
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 25 Dec 2009, 23:20

Due to hunting by the Moderators the lesser spotted spambot is becoming an endangered species.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
ThrashJazzAssassin
First Video: The Lich King's New Wrath

Postby ThrashJazzAssassin » 27 Dec 2009, 07:45

Fortunately, conservation experts are working tirelessly all year round to preserve the spambot population by quoting entire posts, so that each spambot's message survives even after the bot itself has been hunted down and banned. Our thanks go out to such people at this time of year for their noble efforts.
I X
First Video: Crime And Punishment. I think.

Postby I X » 16 Jan 2010, 14:53

Aha, I was wondering why I was able to share videos so smoothly. As always, there is Paul at the end of the tunnel. Thanks Paul. :)
Often outnumbered, never outpunned.

Note: in Ireland 'ye' is used as the plural of 'you'. It rather neatly avoids confusion online.

"Your accent is...ubiquitous."
-Graham Stark
badgerman12
First Video: i think it was a phailhaus

Postby badgerman12 » 07 Feb 2010, 21:56

you know i forgot what this topic was about when i reched the bottom of the page

Return to “Site News”