Even newer, betterer ads!

News and Announcements about LoadingReadyRun
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Re: Even newer, betterer ads!

Postby Master Gunner » 03 Dec 2009, 12:54

Try playing the quicktime version, that should circumvent the ad. They can't do anything about the preroll ads, because that's all on blip's end.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
infamousbeegee

Postby infamousbeegee » 03 Dec 2009, 12:59

Master Gunner wrote:Try playing the quicktime version, that should circumvent the ad. They can't do anything about the preroll ads, because that's all on blip's end.

Man...I hate the quicktime versions. They don't have a fullscreen mode and they're tough to watch on my tv. :cry:
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Master Gunner » 03 Dec 2009, 13:01

You can download it and play it in a player of your choice then.
TheRocket wrote:Apparently the crotch area could not contain the badonkadonk area.
Twitter | Click here to join the Desert Bus Community Chat.
infamousbeegee

Postby infamousbeegee » 03 Dec 2009, 15:20

Master Gunner wrote:You can download it and play it in a player of your choice then.

True! I'll stop whining now. Carry on!
mxd3496

Postby mxd3496 » 14 Apr 2010, 16:22

Has anyone else been noticing some really annoying ads lately? There are two that pop up in that box on the side panel above the twitter that put pop ups over the middle of the page. One is for the LOTR blu-ray discs, the other I'm not sure what it is, Kick Ass something or other.

Normally I wouldn't complain since LRR is generally very good about not having obtrusive ads but these really irritated me when I was trying to shop in the store. Having to close something every time I added something to the cart and then again when I went back to the store.

That being said, YAY! for DVDs.
Pigmy Wurm

Postby Pigmy Wurm » 21 Apr 2010, 17:42

New type of anoying ad I just saw on your vids. It is an AT&T and which takes the form of an opaque orange box that covers about a one inch square of the top right corner of the video. Not only is it anoying that it appears over the video, but it also doesn't have an "x" anywhere so it seems the only way to get rid of it is to wait a minute or so, or to click the add which causes it to pause the video, and enlarge to fill the top half of the player at which point you can now hit a button to close it.

It is one thing to have those ads that sit at the bottom of the vid, but they are subtle, somewhat transparent, and easy to blow away. But it is really hard to watch a video when their is a big orange square covering one of the actors faces. Also it doesn't pop up immediately so it breaks the flow of the vid.

And yeah those lord of the rings ones were anoying as well, but at least they only ever tended to show up over the blog posts for me.
Dubious_wolf
First Video: Mercenary Solutions 2

Postby Dubious_wolf » 29 Apr 2010, 08:30

I'm starting to get annoyed with the adds that pop out and cover a goodly portion of the video I'm trying to watch.... Probably not anything that can be done to solve the situation, but it's still annoying.
^( " )^
winner!
Vigafre
First Video: Halo: The Future of Gaming

Postby Vigafre » 29 Apr 2010, 09:25

Every time that bladder ad shows I feel violated. I see it everywhere.
Pigmy Wurm

Postby Pigmy Wurm » 21 Jun 2010, 17:54

There is currently an add that is spilling out of it's space on the front page and covering the random video box and the top half of the twitter space.
Ottoman
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Ottoman » 21 Jun 2010, 18:33

There are now ad-blockers for every major browser. No excuses; go get one!
An engine that both consumes and creates malice.
Pigmy Wurm

Postby Pigmy Wurm » 21 Jun 2010, 19:39

Ottoman wrote:There are now ad-blockers for every major browser. No excuses; go get one!

I wasn't really complaining, I thought they might want to know. If I had spent time designing my site only to have my hard work covered by adds I would want to know.
the amativeness
Location: America, where everyone sues everyone, always, for everything.

Postby the amativeness » 22 Jun 2010, 11:53

Pigmy Wurm wrote:I wasn't really complaining, I thought they might want to know. If I had spent time designing my site only to have my hard work covered by adds I would want to know.

Most of the time these ads AREN'T what they were originally supposed to be (at least when LRR approved them for their site). Take a screen cap (or note the product advertised), and let Graham & Paul know.
zA: How do I relax?
Evil Jim: Jerk off.
Frozengale: You know you're on the internet when Masturbation is the first suggestion.
Pigmy Wurm

Postby Pigmy Wurm » 22 Jun 2010, 13:02

It's already been fixed, so it either solved it's self or they fixed it.

Return to “Site News”