Best Sandwich Ever

For videos that aren't... y'know... "real". Whatever Thing, Phailhaüs, etc.
eiopqrtuwy
Smartest SpamBot Ever
First Video: Rejected 'Get a Mac' Ad's

Postby eiopqrtuwy » 24 Jan 2007, 01:50

Graham wrote:Nice Anchovies reference, by the way, full marks!

I'm not slamming your opinion, but I can tell you for sure that this was not written with the intent of "taboo=funny". I mean, Morgan doesn't find it especially taboo for one thing, but moreover, that's not how we roll.

I frankly despise the entire "rely on shock to compensate for comedy" theory of comedy writing, and it may work for some, but it's not for us.

Dreaming of having a woman sandwich and eating it... would have been very funny actually. I like.

Thank You, I like to try to maintain a healthy quality to quantity ratio of posts.
Graham wrote:Oh! Um. You... you guys know this is a true story, right?

Nope.
Can’t say it really crossed my mind.
Based on the context of the rest of the site, it is not all that obvious.
(I feel relatively safe in assuming that most all of the content, aside from “sheer stupidity”, is not)
But I suppose it does make more sense that way.

Although it brings up an interesting point of whether or not it really matters … :?:

My 2 A.M. opinion is: it does. For similar reasons for why you would want to use the “sheer stupidity” label on your real life LRR vids. I think it gives different expectations to the viewer. I would recommend possibly editing the on page credits or first post of the topic to say that.
wow, I spent way too long thinking about that
TheRocket
First Video: Those Games That We Played

Postby TheRocket » 24 Jan 2007, 01:52

Maybe it's because I hang around a lot of crude people, but masturbation isn't a shocking subject to me. I find it funny that teh topic of masturbation above all the other stuff I've seen discussed on the forums,is the topic people le gasp at.

But I guess to each there own. I stand by liking this WT the best out of all of them. Man Cooking was real good as well.
Walk in like DeNiro, and leave like Brando.

You're living proof that Darwin was a moron.
emma
CAPS LOCK!

Postby emma » 24 Jan 2007, 05:58

I think people are automatically assuming that it is the topic that is unfunny to the rest of us - that is very much not true.

Normally, the WT has the quick (and hilarious) cuts to Graham, many topic changes, and lots of sidenotes. This one only had Morgan talking about one thing. That is more of a reason that I didn't find it funny, and I notice a lot of people have been saying the same thing, too.

It is not that masturbation isn't funny. It's not that I think it's the lowest form of humour or anything like that; it's just that I didn't like this WT as much as some of the other ones. Simple as that.
Freestyle Lumberjack

Postby Freestyle Lumberjack » 24 Jan 2007, 18:45

post off my wii:

I find no problem with masterbation humor. In fact, I found this whatever thing very funny. I think because of morgan`s delivery.
Dana

Postby Dana » 24 Jan 2007, 20:46

eiopqrtuwy wrote:Nope.
Can’t say it really crossed my mind.
Based on the context of the rest of the site, it is not all that obvious.
(I feel relatively safe in assuming that most all of the content, aside from “sheer stupidity”, is not)
But I suppose it does make more sense that way.

Most of the Whatever Thing videos are rooted in reality somehow...between the newsy stuff, and the cooking stuff anyway.
"I swear it," said the other mother. "I swear it on my own mother's grave."

"Does she have a grave?" asked Coraline.

"Oh yes," said the other mother. "I put her in there myself. And when I found her trying to crawl out, I put her back."
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 24 Jan 2007, 22:01

Given the format of the Whatever Thing some thinking not funny was bound to come up. I am a little surprise to see that they have been as funny as they have been.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
eiopqrtuwy
Smartest SpamBot Ever
First Video: Rejected 'Get a Mac' Ad's

Postby eiopqrtuwy » 24 Jan 2007, 22:04

Dana wrote:Most of the Whatever Thing videos are rooted in reality somehow...between the newsy stuff, and the cooking stuff anyway.

Rooted in reality? well, ok. perhaps ... sometimes ... maybe.

But "One of Us Has to Change" is a great example to the contrary.
And I would say its a much 'safer' assumption that the WT is fictional, or at the very least changed for comic effect, rather than the honest truth.
Dana

Postby Dana » 25 Jan 2007, 10:39

Talking to Morgan in real life is remarkably like watching the Whatever Thing, in my experience.

That kid is batshit. Awesome, but batshit.

"Oh yes," said the other mother. "I put her in there myself. And when I found her trying to crawl out, I put her back."
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 25 Jan 2007, 18:37

I, as well, commend your use of the Anchovies reference. That was one of my favorites they did, what a great metaphor.
And I furthermore commend your use, Sir Eiopqrtuwy, of the :?: smiley. It is the first time I've seen it used, and for this, you recieve the shiny prize.

Shiny!
And a prize!
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
Dana

Postby Dana » 26 Jan 2007, 19:30

:!:

I want a shiny prize!

zombine
Location: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo

Postby zombine » 26 Jan 2007, 20:04

How about a cookie?

R.I.P. GwtBW forums, i miss thee.
Dana

Postby Dana » 26 Jan 2007, 20:57

Cookies are also good.

Morgan
LRR Crew

Postby Morgan » 27 Jan 2007, 13:17

eiopqrtuwy wrote:
Dana wrote:Most of the Whatever Thing videos are rooted in reality somehow...between the newsy stuff, and the cooking stuff anyway.

Rooted in reality? well, ok. perhaps ... sometimes ... maybe.

But "One of Us Has to Change" is a great example to the contrary.
And I would say its a much 'safer' assumption that the WT is fictional, or at the very least changed for comic effect, rather than the honest truth.

if i'm talking about me i can pretty much assure you that i am speaking the truth. i may be saying it in a funny way, but i don't need to falsify the crazy stuff that happens to me.
Melendwyr
Grand Wiki Theodore

Postby Melendwyr » 27 Jan 2007, 13:43

Y'know, Morgan, we tend not to remember dreams that happen in the middle of uninterrupted sleep cycles. If it had happened in the middle of the night, you might not have been able to remember the dream with the foxy lady at all.
"...so he turns to me, and he says 'Why so serious?' He puts the blade in my mouth, and says 'Why so serious?
Let's put a smile on that face!
'"
-=Nate the Great=-
Or should I say, Nate the So So.
First Video: Moshpit Etiquette

Postby -=Nate the Great=- » 27 Jan 2007, 16:12

Dana wrote:Talking to Morgan in real life is remarkably like watching the Whatever Thing, in my experience.

That kid is batshit. Awesome, but batshit.

I just found that he says "vagina" over and over until someone tells him to stop...
Dana

Postby Dana » 27 Jan 2007, 18:35

I've never had that problem with him. Maybe he was just broken and needed to be fixed with a punch to the face?

zombine
Location: Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo

Postby zombine » 27 Jan 2007, 18:41

"a mixture of pain and pleasure always does the trick"-Douglas Adams
Patch

Postby Patch » 28 Jan 2007, 14:46

Dunno about controlling my dreams. Lucidity freaks the living shit out of me. Mainly because what goes on in my head would require long term sessions involving a couch, a comfy chair, and a guy who has spent FAAAR too long thinking about Oedipal relationships.

Either way, I love both TWT, and the normal videos, just for the fact that Morgan and Graham provide just enough of a side track to keep everyone hooked until the next main LLR video :D

And plus, I love this one, just Morgan ranting about how crap his dreams are. And beating off to a sandwich involving your 2 favourite models?! Did someone put HRT pills in your sodas or something?
Ishamel

Postby Ishamel » 29 Jan 2007, 02:44

I have to agree that this wasn't that funny -I think i must be the only one on the forum who was even slightly freaked out by the masturbation, but maybe this was becuase i watched this WT in chunks as it buffered, interspersed with bits of other videos. This meant occasionally getting just a weird freeze-frame of Morgan's open mouth and the word 'masturbation' hanging in the air...
Being a girl I have to laugh at the males-sex-dream-constantly thing and also the futility of trying to control it. Surely staying awake and actually masturbating would be just as good as having the dream? meh. personal choice i suppose. I ought to stop this line of thought before people get too many images in heir heads, including me...
Patch

Postby Patch » 29 Jan 2007, 03:28

I second that, no more graphic images of Morgan masturbating, please. This one is hard enough to get out of my head...
emma
CAPS LOCK!

Postby emma » 29 Jan 2007, 08:30

I'm pretty sure there weren't *actually* any graphic images of him masturbating. He just talked about it.

Under13

Postby Under13 » 29 Jan 2007, 08:39

3mm4 wrote:I'm pretty sure there weren't *actually* any graphic images of him masturbating. He just talked about it.

They were subliminal...single frames randomly inserted. If you pause *just right* at around 1:04 in the video, you'll see one. IF YOU DARE.
<>{
emma
CAPS LOCK!

Postby emma » 29 Jan 2007, 08:53

Well, *gosh*, how could I have missed that?

Under13

Postby Under13 » 29 Jan 2007, 09:00

I'm sure someone could make a "Morgan has a little weener" joke in response to that.
<>{
emma
CAPS LOCK!

Postby emma » 29 Jan 2007, 09:09

Would that someone be you?

Return to “Bonus Video”