Party Hard

For videos that aren't... y'know... "real". Whatever Thing, Phailhaüs, etc.
The_Russ

Postby The_Russ » 17 Apr 2007, 22:04

I feel it necessary for me to go off on a big rant about how you only really hear the "British" accent in posh parts of London. And how you'd find it offencive for me to say all Canadian Emo's say "I'm gonna kill myself, ayyyy"

But anywho, love he Andrew WK in the background. Apparently that girl's MySpaz got hacked into and some-1 sent that message round. did make me rotfl when I heard it
Bring on the trumpits!
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 17 Apr 2007, 22:30

Oh, I would fully expect a Canadian Emo impression to include "eh" and all that. It's the stereotype only. No offense meant, Russ.

Also, she's claiming that now... she still invited people in a public forum.
Fatsobob

Postby Fatsobob » 17 Apr 2007, 22:44

She had it coming and still deserves a boot to the coot.
Citin

Postby Citin » 17 Apr 2007, 22:58

Theres only one kind of person stupider than someone who throws a large drunken party at their parent's house....

The kind that invites people from the internet to come
"I'll be in Africa. If you need me just phone Africa, I told them to expect your call." - The Pointy Haired Boss
JesterJ.

Postby JesterJ. » 17 Apr 2007, 23:02

It only could have been better if she'd posted it on 4chan!
"Good thing we got Jester to carry." -Morgan, January 20th, 2009
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 17 Apr 2007, 23:16

So what exactly was that move called, Napoleon... I mean, Graham?

I think that this week's video proves that there is a large percentage of the WT done on the fly.

By the way, exactly what fly do you do it on? A house fly? A fly wheel? The fly on your pants?
Captain_Anarchy
FOOLED YOU!!!

Postby Captain_Anarchy » 17 Apr 2007, 23:17

That was an exceptional whatever thing. I lost it at Profs on film. Best Duran Duran reference ever.
My hand to God. Baby geese. Goslings. They were juggled.
-Wash
Misty
The Goddamn Batman
First Video: Suspend Your Disbelief

Postby Misty » 17 Apr 2007, 23:36

Great WT, guys! I like the change of scenery, though the Scuff Corner will be missed.

Graham really stole the show this time! Attempting to find something positive in the stabbing-a-baby-135-times story, and the full 15 or so seconds of random dancing was awesome (in the hilarious and really dorky sorta way)
Dr Frankenjam

Postby Dr Frankenjam » 18 Apr 2007, 02:18

The_Russ wrote:I feel it necessary for me to go off on a big rant about how you only really hear the "British" accent in posh parts of London. And how you'd find it offencive for me to say all Canadian Emo's say "I'm gonna kill myself, ayyyy"

But anywho, love he Andrew WK in the background. Apparently that girl's MySpaz got hacked into and some-1 sent that message round. did make me rotfl when I heard it

I wish British emo's sounded like that. And not like pseudo whiney american emo's (it's like totally depressssiing).

As for bands sounding american. I think it's just that when anyone sings, they lose their accent anyway. Even you northern americans alot of the time. So when anyone sings they sound pretty similar, regardless of regionality.
Unless of course you're talking Lost Prophets or McFly or bloody Joss "Let's-adopt-a-heavy-vally(sp?)-girl-twang" Stone.

That being said, I could list you a number of good artists/bands who sing in their home accents... in fact, I think i will...

Athlete
Just Jack
Lilly Allen
Arctic Monkeys
The Kooks
and of course...
The Proclaimers

"When I wake up!
Well I know i'm gonna be, gonna be the man who wakes up next you!..."

Everybody!

"...Well I would walk five hundred miles and I would walk five hundred more, just to beeee a man who'd walk a thousand miles to be there at your door...
"
AdmiralBarikir

Postby AdmiralBarikir » 18 Apr 2007, 04:46

JesterJ. wrote:It only could have been better if she'd posted it on /b/!

Edited for Accuracy
Allen! wrote:I ????'d at the Admiral's signature.
browncoat

Postby browncoat » 18 Apr 2007, 08:05

Graham seems a bit hyperactive ^^
I like the sober (not implicating drunkenness!) Graham better.

But still fun to watch, I giggled quite often ^^
Can't take the sky from me. Again.
The_Russ

Postby The_Russ » 18 Apr 2007, 08:40

Graham wrote:Oh, I would fully expect a Canadian Emo impression to include "eh" and all that. It's the stereotype only. No offense meant, Russ.

Also, she's claiming that now... she still invited people in a public forum.

Soz mate, I hate stereotypes. Just one thing that bugs me. Plus i had just got up and was about to go to work so it sounded like me moaning.

Soz if i'm sounding like a noob. Will shut up now and continue loving the Whatever thing :D
Bring on the trumpits!
The Thrill

Postby The Thrill » 18 Apr 2007, 09:21

Dr Frankenjam wrote:Everybody!

"...Well I would walk five hundred miles and I would walk five hundred more, just to beeee a man who'd walk a thousand miles to be there at your door...[/i]"

Da da da da, da da da da
Da Da Da Dun Diddle Un Diddle Un Diddle Uh Da Da

Hell, when I sing that I sing it in a scottish accent. I've got a very slight accent normally (mostly picked it up from older members of my family who actually lived in Scotland) but sometimes it's fun to lay it on real thick. Alot of Americans (mostly get people from New York state around here) can't understand me even when I speak normally for some reason.

Back to the video! The "My hair is impractical" line made me laugh very hard. I like this one better than some of the other recent ones. I'm kinda bored of the news format really, it would be nice to see some variety but I'm not in charge so I don't count. Or am I?!
I'm a very boring person.
Wrzlpmft

Postby Wrzlpmft » 18 Apr 2007, 09:27

What is a “British Accent” anyway? (Taking for granted, that you are talking about the English language and ‘British’ meaning ‘English English’.) Isn’t it just English, the original thing, while everything else is an accented variation? It’s like ‘German with a German accent’.
Dr Frankenjam

Postby Dr Frankenjam » 18 Apr 2007, 09:45

You crazy question mark diamond man!
Lord Chrusher
Can't Drink Possible Beers
First Video: Door to Door

Postby Lord Chrusher » 18 Apr 2007, 10:00

Wrzlpmft wrote:What is a “British Accent” anyway? (Taking for granted, that you are talking about the English language and ‘British’ meaning ‘English English’.) Isn’t it just English, the original thing, while everything else is an accented variation? It’s like ‘German with a German accent’.

What is the original English? There are a lot of English accents - someone from Liverpool has a different accent than someone from London. Most of the people on this forum are North American we notice that someone from Britain speaks differently than we do.
We are all made of star dust. However we are also made of nuclear waste.
Remember to think before you post.
Paul
Super Moderator
First Video: Tetris

Postby Paul » 18 Apr 2007, 10:25

Lord Chrusher wrote:What is the original English? There are a lot of English accents - someone from Liverpool has a different accent than someone from London.

Case in point:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLsVh6Qrpew

Peter Sellers = awesome
Kwiksilva

Postby Kwiksilva » 18 Apr 2007, 12:33

This whatever thing almost made me spit my cereal out....TWICE...it was that funny. also I danced with Graham, I just couldn't help myself. The next time I have a party I want a loop of him dancing playing on my TV all night.
Nutella is quite possibly the second coming of Christ in spreadable form. -Graham
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 18 Apr 2007, 12:53

The English language is an amalgamation of countless other languages, borrowing from, stealing from, perverting, bastardizing, and basically fornicating mercilessly with whatever languages strike its fancy.

The influences are strong and numerous. Accent-wise, if you want to be a traditionalist about things, only people who speak with an old Anglo-Saxon accent are true English accentees. As was said above in this thread, England is a mish-mosh of different accents within even just a few miles of each other. Cross just the length of London and you'll sometimes hear three or four different accents from passerby. And that's just in one city.

Because the UK has a number of regional accents, I suppose refering to an English accent is more accurate than a Brittish accent, at least when describing people not from Scotland, Wales, or N. Ireland. However, because the English culture is the most dominant of the cultures within Great Brittain, it makes sense that the term Brittish Accent be used to mean an English one. If we mean a Welsh, Scottish, or Irish one, we'll usually specify.

~Alja-Markir~
Yukikaze

Postby Yukikaze » 18 Apr 2007, 18:11

Agreed. English doesn't borrow from other languages, it follows them down dark alleys, beats them over the head, and goes through their wallets for loose grammar.

For the record, I don't usually use the word "woman" or "man" in conjunction with ages below 18. In fact, I rarely use it in conjunction with ages below 20. They weren't 17-year-old women, they were 17-year-old girls.

I loved the British Emo montage at the end, though. Almost as good as the montage of car pick-up lines.
Kwiksilva

Postby Kwiksilva » 18 Apr 2007, 18:24

here are some emos with accents

Emo Rangers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjmOK4TTvwg
Nutella is quite possibly the second coming of Christ in spreadable form. -Graham
wildcard

Postby wildcard » 19 Apr 2007, 05:14

graham - was that dance anything like I imagine you lrrcast dance to look like??
Mouse

Postby Mouse » 19 Apr 2007, 05:51

danoson wrote:what aboot an southern/country emo LOL

It sounds like all the popular people at my high school
-Holy kleenex, Batman, it was right under our noses the whole time!
-Satan wears a bucket hat!
-If tin whistles are made of tin, what are fog horns made of?
-Lewis has AIDS
-Meddle ye not with dragons, for ye are crunchy and good with ketchup
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 19 Apr 2007, 06:37

hooray, i finished my video for the WT!!!!! Hope .dv format is ok, cuz that' what it is.
The_Russ

Postby The_Russ » 19 Apr 2007, 09:08

Can't belive I forgot about these! Ladie's and Gentalmen I present English Emo's "InMe"

Underdose

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WoAMYuVnRSI

FireFly

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZKBsU8hZfG4& ... ed&search=

Supprisingly big in the UK rock scene a few years ago
Bring on the trumpits!

Return to “Bonus Video”