Man Cooking 3

For videos that aren't... y'know... "real". Whatever Thing, Phailhaüs, etc.
Tapir12
First Video: Kei Kon 2004

Postby Tapir12 » 22 May 2007, 22:55

I wasn't sure about this when I started, but it was actually quite entertaining. Good job :)
Things I like and maybe you will too:
AIESEC | Monster | Juuni Kokki | Vienna Teng | Guide To Canada
dark_realm
Aussie Auto Annihilator

Postby dark_realm » 22 May 2007, 22:57

this inspires me to make a man cooking video....
CaPpY wrote:dark_realm really is a jerk....
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 22 May 2007, 23:21

Oh man, Morgan, we've got to bring the manly.
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 22 May 2007, 23:24

Captain Jean-Luc Picard and Mr. T wrote:BEST.

WHATEVER THING.

EVER.

Honestly, how the hell can these guys keep reaching new heights of hilarious? I fear for the day that this awesomeness peaks.

Alex, as always, was brilliant. That steak looked DAMN tasty. Soo many funny bits, I can't even begin to name the ones that had me rocking in silent laughter, trying not to miss anything by drowning out the audio. (Although the "Abuse Makes It More Delicious!" was damn far up there!)

The breakaway glass was great! It looked like it was curved. Was it? Do you make it yourself? If so, how do you color it? (I would imagine just using brown sugar?) Also if so, and also if it was curved like it looks, how do you shape it? If you just buy it, where from?

I've made breakaway glass twice before, once to learn how for fun, and once for a stage fight. Both times it was basic flat, semi-opaque, and uncolored. I'd be curious to learn how to make better breakaway glass. Regardless, tasty stuff if you do it right, and plenty of fun to shatter over people's heads.

Furthermore, what was on your apron? It looked like a pattern of blue cute furry animals. Also furthermore, you attacked that poor table! No wonder Canada's finest were on your trail! Defacement of public property! There's a fucking machete blade an inch deep into it now!

I am going to take a wild stab here and guess that our wonderful 3mm4 is the mohawked lass. Also, I noticed that you and your lady-friend have nearly identical headwear.

As for the ammo-box, it was only for .22 rifle rounds! What the heck man? Seriously, throwing around a big old ammo box for something as unmanly as .22 rifle rounds, when we're all expecting something like full metal shotgun sabots, 7.76 machine gun rounds, or even fragmentation grenades!

Now this may be a borderline terroristic threat (and if I end up in Gitmo I'll be the guy who keeps his left foot raised three inches above the ground in all the unidentifiable photos) but I must echo Matt Boyd in saying that it's hard to kill someone on purpose with that round. You'd practically have to put it in someone's face and pull the trigger. And even then fire a few more times just to make sure the job is done.

Heh. Ironic this, coming from a pacifist, eh?

~Alja-Markir~

EDIT - You cooked your meat in the SPORTS SECTION of the newspaper! Manly that!
Last edited by Alja-Markir on 22 May 2007, 23:52, edited 1 time in total.
YamaroV2

Postby YamaroV2 » 22 May 2007, 23:45

You just know the third party's gonna kick some ass.

Morgan VS Graham VS Alex VS Yamaro

MAN COOKERUUUUUUUUUUU
No longer your barrel-rolling monkey.
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 22 May 2007, 23:48

I can see it now...

Iron Judge Paul - What the fuck?!? Alex, why the hell is this corn cob vibrating?!?!?

~Alja-Markir~
Misty
The Goddamn Batman
First Video: Suspend Your Disbelief

Postby Misty » 23 May 2007, 00:39

YamaroV2 wrote:Morgan VS Graham VS Alex VS Yamaro

Now that would be a truly epic battle! Let's see if someone can beat Morgan at his own game 8)
emma
CAPS LOCK!

Postby emma » 23 May 2007, 02:26

Alja - it was real glass. For serious! ;) It tasted gross.
The apron was mine - I was supposed to bring a manly paint covered one, but.... this was better. And it was covered in flowers, yes.
And no, I was not the mohawked one, that was my friend Aislinn. I was the one beside her (I was also the one who cut the steak competently).
We realized when we got there that we should have bought the Sun and cooked it in the 'sunshine girls' section, but.... well, I was supposed to bring the newspaper, and I sorta forgot. So that one is kinda a free newspaper that there was a box of in front of the ferry entrance. Whoops.

Yam - when you said you were going to make a man cooking I had so much trouble holding my tongue. Seriously.

And the 'failing at propane' thing took way longer. Alex only showed a little bit. It was.... long. Hilariously long, in fact.

Alex, I enjoyed that you left in all those candid bits, they totally made it. ^_^

And I guess it was good steak. I guess.
xahldera
First Video: Wyy

Postby xahldera » 23 May 2007, 03:08

Rather amusing. One thing about the pronounciation of Worcestershire sauce. If that was giving you so much trouble you could cut out the "-shire" part to make it snappier. Just a thought.
xahldera...
Der Greys Der Hunde
korri
First Video: I honestly can't remember...

Postby korri » 23 May 2007, 03:23

Great video! I especially loved the "manly voice" its just so. manly...

so does this mean we will get another whatever thing video this week? or do we have to wait till next week?
Hello world, remember me? I'm the sad little fuck that you failed to see, who you should have recognized When you had the chance. Hello motherfuckers now its time to dance

my photos! => http://korrinn.deviantart.com
Alex Steacy
First Video: Beats me! No seriously Graham hits me.

Postby Alex Steacy » 23 May 2007, 05:41

Alja-Markir wrote:
The breakaway glass was great! It looked like it was curved. Was it? Do you make it yourself? If so, how do you color it? (I would imagine just using brown sugar?) Also if so, and also if it was curved like it looks, how do you shape it? If you just buy it, where from?

I've made breakaway glass twice before, once to learn how for fun, and once for a stage fight. Both times it was basic flat, semi-opaque, and uncolored. I'd be curious to learn how to make better breakaway glass. Regardless, tasty stuff if you do it right, and plenty of fun to shatter over people's heads.

I was hoping someone was going to ask me about the glass!

That was actually the remnants of an entire fake glass bottle that we had been hoarding for over a year... Which broke on the trip over. My original plan was to have Vaughn drink some beer from it and bust it over his head, but I changed the plan once the bottle was reduced to shards.

I couldn't tell you where we bought it, because I think Raymond got it free from a film studio, which is why we saved it so long. And yes, it does taste really bad.
darkduck

Postby darkduck » 23 May 2007, 05:57

3mm4 wrote:The apron was mine - I was supposed to bring a manly paint covered one, but.... this was better. And it was covered in flowers, yes.

because really, you can't go wrong with flowers.
RPGManic

Postby RPGManic » 23 May 2007, 05:57

Alex Steacy wrote:
I was hoping someone was going to ask me about the glass!

That was actually the remnants of an entire fake glass bottle that we had been hoarding for over a year... Which broke on the trip over. My original plan was to have Vaughn drink some beer from it and bust it over his head, but I changed the plan once the bottle was reduced to shards.

I couldn't tell you where we bought it, because I think Raymond got it free from a film studio, which is why we saved it so long. And yes, it does taste really bad.

You do know that if you melt down those Glacier fruit mint boiled sweets, add a bit of brown food dye (or just use green ones) it looks exactly like glass

andtakes like, 20 mins in an oven XD there delicious!

daaaam, i must show you ye ol merry campfire lazy man cookin. Youd love my backwards roast chicken. To die for. MUWHAHAHAHAHAH

but still, awsome work!
MAKE PENNE ARIBIATA NOT WAR
brc64
First Video: 1337

Postby brc64 » 23 May 2007, 06:40

tak197 wrote:I must admit, the best steaks I have had in recent history have been from Texas Roadhouse. I mean a place where you pretty much have to handpick any cut of steak above 12 oz you want and can make it really well has to be good. Every time I go there, they make great steak.

A random aside, did you know that the first ever Texas Roadhouse was opened in Clarksville, IN and is probably less than a mile away from where I live? It's true.
Anachronism
Ret-con'd: Incorrect

Postby Anachronism » 23 May 2007, 06:47

Hah, great video Alex. I love all the unintended humor. And the steak looked good, too.

mistyladybug wrote:
YamaroV2 wrote:Morgan VS Graham VS Alex VS Yamaro V Jer

Now that would be a truly epic battle! Let's see if someone can beat Morgan at his own game 8)

Seconded and amended (as I read Jer can also cook well). What a great run-up to the inevitable 'Iron Chef' Battle.

Ladies and gentlemen, start your brackets!
To LRR is human.
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast

Postby Alja-Markir » 23 May 2007, 06:50

Alex Steacy wrote:I couldn't tell you where we bought it, because I think Raymond got it free from a film studio, which is why we saved it so long. And yes, it does taste really bad.

A film studio makes perfect sense. It explains the curve, color, thinness, and taste of the substance. They probable had an injection mold or something. The taste doesn't matter in professional use because no one is going to eat it, so they make it with other things than pure sugar crystals.

~Alja-Markir~
Alex Steacy

Postby Alex Steacy » 23 May 2007, 07:02

There's something extremely important I feel I must mention at this point, and that is the SOURCE of this recipe, which is none other than the "Big Damn Book of Sheer Manliness"

Yes, its a real book. A manly book.

Smeltzenseltzer

Postby Smeltzenseltzer » 23 May 2007, 08:36

Alex Steacy wrote:There's something extremely important I feel I must mention at this point, and that is the SOURCE of this recipe, which is none other than the "Big Damn Book of Sheer Manliness"

Yes, its a real book. A manly book.

That is epic. Morgan should get a copy of it.
billyjr82

Postby billyjr82 » 23 May 2007, 09:10

What are you talking about? Morgan wrote it.
Mouse

Postby Mouse » 23 May 2007, 09:28

dark_realm wrote:this inspires me to make a man cooking video....

It inspires me to make my own WOMAN COOKING video! Heck yes!
-Holy kleenex, Batman, it was right under our noses the whole time!
-Satan wears a bucket hat!
-If tin whistles are made of tin, what are fog horns made of?
-Lewis has AIDS
-Meddle ye not with dragons, for ye are crunchy and good with ketchup
holygiblets
Can't Be Arsed
First Video: How To Speak Like A Pirate

Awesome!

Postby holygiblets » 23 May 2007, 09:36

Seriously, that was awesome - Alex, you are the most manly goggle wearing man EVAR! Plus, that steak looked delicious, impressive and of course, MANLY!

After watching this video, I have now grown a beard to commemorate it's awesomeness.

One question, was that some kind of public BBQ or am I just being a fool?
Lacerta
Affable Marmot
First Video: How to Talk Like A Pirate

Postby Lacerta » 23 May 2007, 09:56

You know what you guys need to do? An "Iron Chef" style cook-off between Alex and Morgan where the secret ingredient is manliness.
semper fidelis tyrannosaurus
emma
CAPS LOCK!

Postby emma » 23 May 2007, 10:46

Mouse wrote:
dark_realm wrote:this inspires me to make a man cooking video....

It inspires me to make my own WOMAN COOKING video! Heck yes!

You don't understand how hard I lobbied for this. SO HARD. I tried. I pestered. I even came up with ideas. But no one listens to me.

Also, I don't think Alex wanted to wear a dress.

Alex Steacy

Re: Awesome!

Postby Alex Steacy » 23 May 2007, 11:38

holygiblets wrote:One question, was that some kind of public BBQ or am I just being a fool?

No, you're quite correct. Hanlan's point has about a dozen BBQ areas that anyone can just come and use.
emma
CAPS LOCK!

Postby emma » 23 May 2007, 11:40

And we had to walk to pretty much the furthest one ever.

That cooler was heavy.

whine whine whine whine whine whine whine

Return to “Bonus Video”