Startle a Chicken

For videos that aren't... y'know... "real". Whatever Thing, Phailhaüs, etc.
Graham
Super Moderator

Postby Graham » 26 Aug 2007, 23:32

It's my "mad scientist" eyebrow.
Shit, you should Morgan's when he gets like that. Damn thing's liable to rip his hair off.
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate

Postby tak197 » 27 Aug 2007, 00:33

Meh, you two seem more like the "slightly perturbed high school chemistry teacher with the missing hand" types.

Funny thing though, at my high school one of the chem teachers actually was missing a hand, but he also would mix chemicals randomly at the end of the course. I never had him, I had the lady who taught us how to make silvered bottles.
Master Gunner
Defending us from The Dutch!

Postby Master Gunner » 27 Aug 2007, 08:57

tak197 wrote:Funny thing though, at my high school one of the chem teachers actually was missing a hand, but he also would mix chemicals randomly at the end of the course. I never had him, I had the lady who taught us how to make silvered bottles.

heh, I had the chem teacher who kept a human fetus in the closet...........ok, it was actually a kangaroo fetus, not a human one....and he didn't keep it in the closet......the closet was where he kept his box of human bones....
Lord.of.the.Noodles.

Postby Lord.of.the.Noodles. » 29 Aug 2007, 10:31

Hah!
My random "Whatever" video I made for Morgan back during the Paris Hilton thing finally got used.

But seriously:
Damn, the quality on my camera sucks. XD <3
Lick my boots;
Tickle your fancy.
Shenny_Lee

Postby Shenny_Lee » 05 Sep 2007, 15:55

while i do admit to chuckling everytime I open LRR and see the words "startle a chicken"

I would LOVE a new Whatever Thing!! How 'bout it? Anyone, anyone? :)
Misty
The Goddamn Batman
First Video: Suspend Your Disbelief

Postby Misty » 09 Sep 2007, 00:19

Kathleen wrote:If Morgan wants to do more WTs, I ain't going to stop him. However, I wouldn't hold your breath.
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 09 Sep 2007, 01:02

I've actually come to terms with no whatever thing now. I finally seen that I actually CAN live without a whatever thing. Then again, having one again would kick ass.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
Sieg Reyu
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate

Postby Sieg Reyu » 10 Sep 2007, 12:11

Cake wrote:I've actually come to terms with no whatever thing now. I finally seen that I actually CAN live without a whatever thing. Then again, having one again would kick ass.
Yeah, I know. It would be cool to get a second video a week again though. It doesn't have to have any format either. Say you are hanging out and something funny is about to go done. Some gets dared to do something ridiculous. Anything at all.
Image Image Image
tak197
Feito Com Fruta

Postby tak197 » 10 Sep 2007, 13:41

Hell I'D even try my hand at doing a whatever thing. Not just the opening video, but the whole thing. Too bad I'm poor and don't have easy access to a video camera. Or a Mac to edit on.
meisbored
First Video: Daylight Savings

Postby meisbored » 10 Sep 2007, 15:11

I could give it a shot, I recently bought a digital camcorder and I have Adobe Premiere Pro CS3 for editing.
If you guys want me too, and if LRR is willing to put it up, I could try and do a "standard" WT, or whatever else.
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 10 Sep 2007, 15:19

I bet Morgan doesn't do it because of the editing involved. If he just shot the video and someone else edited, I bet he would do it more often.
Berthold

Postby Berthold » 15 Sep 2007, 05:46

Not to cool the thread or anything, but I recently saw this documentary on chicken breeding, and it's really *really* gross. Unless you're a bona fide carnivore like me, it might well serve the purpose its creators had in mind and put you off eating animals entirely. Just know this: These birds are put under medication and extreme stress to produce up to 3 eggs are day or grow obscenely fast, whichever is desired. The latter also leads to a high amount of heart failures, thus these birds are really on the edge. You shut off the lights and clap your hands, a bunch of them is going into arrest right there.

Oh snap, I just made some new people who eat the food of my food... Enjoy the rest of your weekend, and please don't feel bad for the animals.
Rated "E" for Excellently!
Yukikaze

Postby Yukikaze » 15 Sep 2007, 07:35

Berthold wrote:Oh snap, I just made some new people who eat the food of my food... Enjoy the rest of your weekend, and please don't feel bad for the animals.

nah. Chickens run around with their heads missing. They're stupider than sheep!

besides, if you start trying to be humane to your food, then you develop an affection for it, and then you give it a name, and you can't give your food a name, because the moment it gets a name, it's not food anymore, it's a pet.

You don't eat pets.
Cake
Magically Delicious

Postby Cake » 15 Sep 2007, 08:27

My mom has a great story about that when she was growing up. My grandpa raised rabbits to eat. My mom got attached to one, and learned to never again ask which rabbit they were eating that night.
Yukikaze

Postby Yukikaze » 15 Sep 2007, 09:14

I stand corrected. Apparently, you do eat pets.

"Wow, Mr. Nibbles sure tastes good grilled with BBQ sauce."
Deemed too hazardous for human contact.
timsandtoms

Postby timsandtoms » 09 Oct 2007, 12:11

Yukikaze wrote:I stand corrected. Apparently, you do eat pets.

We went to play laser tag the other day, and my brother used that as his name when he signed in!
Lord.of.the.Noodles.

Postby Lord.of.the.Noodles. » 19 Nov 2007, 16:37

timsandtoms wrote:
Yukikaze wrote:I stand corrected. Apparently, you do eat pets.

We went to play laser tag the other day, and my brother used that as his name when he signed in!

Well, damn. XD!
Lick my boots;

Tickle your fancy.
Robo4900
First Video: Installation Anxiety

Re: Startle a Chicken

Postby Robo4900 » 25 Oct 2013, 23:06

This video, along with Ask Kathleen, The Death of the Hyphen, and Limited Return are all broken in the LRR Archive. Additionally, they are not present in the WhateverLRR Channel, so they are only available on the DVD(I double-checked this with the Video Availability article on the Wiki).
Any chance of these missing videos being uploaded somewhere?
"If we hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominoes should fall like a house of cards. Checkmate."

Return to “Bonus Video”