Phailhaüs - 03

For videos that aren't... y'know... "real". Whatever Thing, Phailhaüs, etc.
User avatar
Cake
Magically Delicious
Posts: 4995
Joined: 16 Jun 2007, 02:48
Location: Parker, CO

Postby Cake » 15 Feb 2008, 02:34

Morgan isn't back on "the Whateverish Thing."
Last edited by Cake on 15 Feb 2008, 02:35, edited 1 time in total.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
User avatar
GHOVO
Posts: 796
Joined: 04 May 2006, 12:40
First Video: 1337. I think
Location: North Wales
Contact:

Postby GHOVO » 15 Feb 2008, 02:34

Hmmmm, I'm guessing the Ph can count for any Fs in words, not just at the start?

If I'm corrent then how come the "of" is "word of the day" and lately, "Pic of the day" Isn't oph?

OK yeah that actually kinda butchers the word...
User avatar
Lyinginbedmon
Posts: 10808
Joined: 20 Dec 2007, 18:08
First Video: BioShocked
Location: Darlington, Co. Durham
Contact:

Postby Lyinginbedmon » 15 Feb 2008, 03:00

Well, the days of Ask Kathleen are over, but it's great to see her getting in on the action.

One question though: Kathleen (Aka your girlfriend according to the Wiki) starts singing "I wanna get physical" and the first thing you say is "That is not Kylie Minogue"? :shock:

Very very very obvious gag, but seriously how was it not brought up?
Image
Image
Morgan wrote:Lyinginbedmon is short, but he makes up for it in awesomeness
User avatar
Keith K
Posts: 686
Joined: 08 Feb 2008, 08:56
First Video: Max Effect

Postby Keith K » 15 Feb 2008, 03:25

Yes I know Morgan is not back.. That was a joke in reference to "Brain Transplants Made Easy"

Shall I back that one up and give it another shot? Or was it just too big a phailure?
User avatar
Cake
Magically Delicious
Posts: 4995
Joined: 16 Jun 2007, 02:48
Location: Parker, CO

Postby Cake » 15 Feb 2008, 03:59

Jokes start becoming not funny when you have to explain 'em. Sorry.
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
User avatar
empath
Posts: 13530
Joined: 28 Nov 2007, 17:20
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate
Location: back in the arse end of nowhere

Postby empath » 15 Feb 2008, 04:59

Graham wrote:
jtaylor wrote:Yay!
It's not even Friday.

EXACTLY!

MUAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

TREMBLE BEFORE MY RANDOM SCHEDULING!!!!!!


:shock: Dude, I was just kidding about the 'pre-emptive strike' idea...but it's cool. :)

But GREAT vid! Doesn't sound like a 'slow news week' at all; you philled that right up! And thanks to Kathleen phor taking some time out phrom a very important day to pitch in with much humour and entertainment phor us; VIVAT!

...heh...'filosofy'...:)


Also I like theINC's idea oph "phocus on one country and get plenty oph 'news of the weird' phrom there phor that episode"...available time and suphphicient news articles permitting, oph course.
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Splunge
Posts: 127
Joined: 27 Jan 2008, 14:34
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Postby Splunge » 15 Feb 2008, 05:59

Yay! Two stories from my home of Down Under (although, I must have missed the remote control loony in my own town).
I actually have a cousin who's teaching in Beijing at the moment, and coincidentally the sports field of his school will back up against the Olympic Village.
Oh, and thanks to the International Date Line, the Phailhaus *did* get posted on a Friday! You just have to be in the right place to watch it.
Fun is the feedback the brain gives while successfully absorbing a pattern - Raph Koster
I'm think I might be indirectly responsible for Bagel Time!
User avatar
Kaemon
Posts: 83
Joined: 28 Nov 2007, 07:47
First Video: Too long ago to remember.
Location: Queen Creek, Arizona, USA
Contact:

Postby Kaemon » 15 Feb 2008, 08:09

Oh I love these thing. You know, a normal skit is phun but you know, sometimes these random things that people say or what not, I mean, news story's and such that involve things like that...

Phish in space, that is a bad idea, my goodness....
User avatar
Fatsobob
Posts: 130
Joined: 24 Jan 2006, 07:06
Location: Denver, Colorado
Contact:

Postby Fatsobob » 15 Feb 2008, 08:25

I think I am gonna have to import some fish from germany too.
Image
Image
User avatar
The_Russ
Posts: 103
Joined: 19 Dec 2006, 15:58
Location: Nottingham

Postby The_Russ » 15 Feb 2008, 09:37

People play around with words and letters alot and some of them catch one. Like putting a "Z" at the end of words instead of an "S"

Do you think with our army of LRR nerds we can make this "PH" craze globle? We should all start writing PH instead of F in daily activitys. Like on MSN/X Fire and Warcraft?
Bring on the trumpits!
User avatar
wilson_x1999
Posts: 1090
Joined: 18 Aug 2007, 16:31
First Video: Quantum Documentary
Location: Monterrey, Mexico
Contact:

Postby wilson_x1999 » 15 Feb 2008, 09:57

I rofled at the Beijing olympics part XD, it's funny because it's true.


AmazingPjotrMan wrote:We get ONE swede into space and next we're sending german fish? Guh...


There, fixed that for you.
User avatar
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast
Posts: 5699
Joined: 04 Feb 2007, 21:03
Location: Deep In Space

Postby Alja-Markir » 15 Feb 2008, 10:14

Cake wrote:Jokes start becoming not funny when you have to explain 'em. Sorry.


Cake, I got the joke. I got it immediately. Perhaps you just didn't notice the part about the Dreamcast? I mean, it's not a big leap for a LRR fan, and for a non-LRR fan they'd say, "Wait... Morgan wasn't in this... and what's this about a Dreamcast?"

But in the spirit of things, I'd like to say that joke start becoming even more funny when someone needs 'em explained. Sorry.

~Alja~

P.S. - Would the internet now be subject to rophphling? Rophphlecopterz?
User avatar
Cake
Magically Delicious
Posts: 4995
Joined: 16 Jun 2007, 02:48
Location: Parker, CO

Postby Cake » 15 Feb 2008, 11:11

Quiet, Alja. (insert squinty eyes here)
Wil Wheaton says "Game over, Moonpie."
User avatar
empath
Posts: 13530
Joined: 28 Nov 2007, 17:20
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate
Location: back in the arse end of nowhere

Postby empath » 15 Feb 2008, 19:07

Cake wrote:Quiet, Alja. Image

(insert squinty eyes here)


Like so?
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
Vaughn
Posts: 2894
Joined: 03 Jan 2008, 04:43
Location: Calgary, Alberta

Postby Vaughn » 15 Feb 2008, 19:19

Cake wrote:Quiet, Alja. (insert squinty eyes here)


Perhaps ¬_¬
User avatar
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
Posts: 9010
Joined: 13 Mar 2007, 19:20
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate
Location: Stroudsburg, PA
Contact:

Postby tak197 » 15 Feb 2008, 21:36

The reason you can switch ph and f is because they both are represented by the phonetic symbol of /f/, where as the f in "of" is represented by the phonetic symbol /v/ because the voicing of the vowel affects the following phoneme. YAY PROTOBLENDS!!
Last edited by tak197 on 15 Feb 2008, 22:10, edited 1 time in total.
Image
Image
User avatar
Vaughn
Posts: 2894
Joined: 03 Jan 2008, 04:43
Location: Calgary, Alberta

Postby Vaughn » 15 Feb 2008, 21:47

tak197 wrote:The reason you can switch ph and f is because they both are represented by the phonetic symbol of /f/, where as the f in "of" is represented by the phonetic symbole /v/. YAY RETROBLENDS!!

BRAINMAGICS!
you take 1d6 e-damage!
User avatar
tak197
Feito Com Fruta
Posts: 9010
Joined: 13 Mar 2007, 19:20
First Video: How To Talk Like A Pirate
Location: Stroudsburg, PA
Contact:

Postby tak197 » 15 Feb 2008, 22:05

Vaughn wrote:
tak197 wrote:The reason you can switch ph and f is because they both are represented by the phonetic symbol of /f/, where as the f in "of" is represented by the phonetic symbol /v/, because the voicing of the vowel affects the following phoneme. YAY PROTOBLENDS!!

BRAINMAGICS!
you take 1d6 e-damage!


I have to learn this stuff for my prefession.

And is 1d6 good, to dole out?
Image
Image
User avatar
Vaughn
Posts: 2894
Joined: 03 Jan 2008, 04:43
Location: Calgary, Alberta

Postby Vaughn » 15 Feb 2008, 22:16

depends how much you can take? =P
User avatar
empath
Posts: 13530
Joined: 28 Nov 2007, 17:20
First Video: How to Talk Like a Pirate
Location: back in the arse end of nowhere

Postby empath » 16 Feb 2008, 03:38

tak197 wrote:
Vaughn wrote:
tak197 wrote:The reason you can switch ph and f is because they both are represented by the phonetic symbol of /f/, where as the f in "of" is represented by the phonetic symbol /v/, because the voicing of the vowel affects the following phoneme. YAY PROTOBLENDS!!

BRAINMAGICS!
you take 1d6 e-damage!


I have to learn this stuff for my prefession.

And is 1d6 good, to dole out?


"You take your work home with you; make a SAN check as your 'home vs. work/school' paradigm crumbles."
Image
Image
Image
User avatar
GHOVO
Posts: 796
Joined: 04 May 2006, 12:40
First Video: 1337. I think
Location: North Wales
Contact:

Postby GHOVO » 16 Feb 2008, 09:30

We should all start writing PH instead of F in daily activitys. Like on MSN/X Fire and Warcraft?


No no no, its X- Phire
User avatar
Freestyle Lumberjack
Posts: 39
Joined: 24 Dec 2006, 12:54
Contact:

Postby Freestyle Lumberjack » 16 Feb 2008, 10:10

GHOVO wrote:
We should all start writing PH instead of F in daily activitys. Like on MSN/X Fire and Warcraft?


No no no, its X- Phire


Also, Warcrapht
User avatar
GHOVO
Posts: 796
Joined: 04 May 2006, 12:40
First Video: 1337. I think
Location: North Wales
Contact:

Postby GHOVO » 16 Feb 2008, 10:29

Freestyle Lumberjack wrote:
GHOVO wrote:
We should all start writing PH instead of F in daily activitys. Like on MSN/X Fire and Warcraft?


No no no, its X- Phire


Also, Warcrapht


Ahh I missed that one!

Phair Play!
User avatar
Splunge
Posts: 127
Joined: 27 Jan 2008, 14:34
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Postby Splunge » 16 Feb 2008, 11:33

Pherris Bueller's Day Ophph is one oph my phavourite philms oph all time. Phind it a phraction less than phunny? Phine, I'm sorry you pheel that way!
Fun is the feedback the brain gives while successfully absorbing a pattern - Raph Koster
I'm think I might be indirectly responsible for Bagel Time!
User avatar
Alja-Markir
Trebuchet Enthusiast
Posts: 5699
Joined: 04 Feb 2007, 21:03
Location: Deep In Space

Postby Alja-Markir » 16 Feb 2008, 14:32

You.... can't spell Warcrapht without crap?

*ponders*

Yeah, I got nothin'.

~Alja~

Return to “Bonus Video”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest